New Releases for SEPTEMBER 2016!

I do not think it's that much patch, but it doesn't amp on me, it just makes things feel chewy and rich.

Yeah, this set was modeled after the traveling fair of my youth that came around every fall, just after school started again. This took place in the suburbs of NYC on the Jersey side. There was nothing I looked forward to all year more than this. I never could afford any of the food, never tasted even one treat, but I rode the rides and played the games. My brother and I kicked ass at pitching nickels (which later became pitching dimes, and then pitching quarters), and we would go home with armfuls of dishes and glasses every year.

For those asking via email about the price of the full bottle sets, just calculate it at a discount of $5 per bottle. A $60 discount off the full price in this case. :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, thanks Mara. What great memories. :)

Honestly, things are so expensive right now it's crazy. My daughter just went with her friends. A friend's mom had free entry tickets for them. So that saved them each $11. Then they had to budget their way around. Making choices. As a parent you want to give your kid just about everything. But, I think they are actuallyhappier and much better off in the long run if they have to discern, pick & choose what they want most. Definitely makes one better off in the long run, as a person. :)

See, I was sort of the opposite in that I didn't play games or ride rides (except the dark ride, of course) but I just liked to walk around and look at everything. What I enjoyed about the fair was all the exhibits and the exposition halls full of vendors selling stuff you never saw anywhere else. They also have a section called Plaza de los Americas which is just like Olvera Street in Los Angeles, and that's where, when I was older, i used to buy blown glass figurines and embroidered blouses. Plus there is a huge garden exhibit and an art gallery.

Sampler to be ordered for sure but Vardo, Sweets, and Medium are screaming FBs to me. This is going to be tough for me since I'm on a strict budget right now.

Okay, first of all I meant Sticky and not Sweets. I also need to add that Carny is also on my FB list. Holy crap that one sounds amazing!

Carny is the one I'm drooling over. And admittedly I lobbied for Ellie's Elephant Snacks and Sweet! (because it's a scientific fact that you can never have enough caramel apple scents).

Carny is the one I'm drooling over. And admittedly I lobbied for Ellie's Elephant Snacks and Sweet! (because it's a scientific fact that you can never have enough caramel apple scents).

Me too on Carny, and thank the Gods you lobbied for the other 2!!!

And: Hot damn, Woman--wonderful, evocative scribin'!!! You took me back to the Orange Show in San Bernardino. We'd go every year. the smells, the food, the rides...OMG they're all in your words. ~Now I wanna *smell* them all...

:hotdog::hypnotic::kisses::burning-heart:

Verrrrry excited about all but two. I am worried about the patch and the deep, dark resins in Mefium and Tattooed Lady;however, a few drops may just find their way into a warmer..or into the scent lockets Mara has in the shop. I'm willing to give anything a go.

I absolutely loved Haystack, Hauntings,and Cocoa Snuggle so I think Distant Calliope is going to be a stunner.

I know Carny, Fairground and Winner are going to be amazing. Sweet, it goes without saying (but, I will anyway), is likely going to be so damned good I may bathe in it.

I never got to try Heartland. Hoping the Vardo is along that line. Have to see where this carnival carries me.

Edited by Wanderlust

Wow - there are a lot of Men's/Unisex scents this month! Thank you, PM!

My thoughts exactly. Yes, thank you, Mara!

Carny and Winner sound super interesting to me, and I'll probably pick up samples of those. Not sure how well I would be able to pull off unisex scents though...

Edited by Midnight Requiem

Not sure if this is interesting to you all or not, but I find it interesting to see what people are going for right off the bat. #2 surprised me!

There's the most orders for the samplers of course, and then...

1) LP: Carnival

2) Goldfish (!!!)

3) Tattooed Lady

4) Winner

5) Vardo

Goldfish sounds really intriguing to me, too. It's the eucalyptus that's making me hesitate. I know a couple of people whom I'm around often, who have severe allergies to it. And knowing my luck, I'd wind up wearing it every time I was around them, purely by accident! :lol:

I'm really struggling trying to decide what I'd like to do this month - sampler, or full bottle of one of the ones I had my eye on... such a fun struggle! :D

You can't smell the eucalyptus really. What I was going for with that, was the smell of chlorinated tap water. :lol:. I went with Tangerine and Currant for the "goldfish", and the eucalyptus and sea salt to evoke that smell of tap water the fish is in, in the bag. Everyone so far thinks I nailed it. lol, so it's like a watery citrusy scent in the end.

You can't smell the eucalyptus really. What I was going for with that, was the smell of chlorinated tap water. :lol:. I went with Tangerine and Currant for the "goldfish", and the eucalyptus and sea salt to evoke that smell of tap water the fish is in, in the bag. Everyone so far thinks I nailed it. lol, so it's like a watery citrusy scent in the end.

You're not helping with my decision making process! :lol:

I went Sampler and FB LP Carnival. I was so tempted to add others. IDK, I need to sniff Tat Lady. Civet can get intense if its not tamed by the other notes- how dominant is that note in the fragrance ?Looks like my others are safe though-

Carnival for sure! I'm wondering if Carny is like Candy Apple Cutie? If it is I'm dead.

There's no real sweet stuff in Carny, no Apple.

It's Tobacco, woodsmoke, resins & vanilla. It sounds good though. I do have to test it to see if it's not too smoky or masculine.

I think maybe you're thinking of Sweet. Which is one I really want.

I'm wondering if Carny is like Candy Apple Cutie? If it is I'm dead.

Stacy's right, you're thinking of Sweet! which is probably more like Curiosities but without the salted caramel aspect.

From Da Mawa:

To our lovely glowing preggos in the comm: there are approximately six bottles of virgin LP Carnival available to order. Please email me to reserve/invoice a bottle.

Everyone else: please let the moms have a turn first, thank you. :)

September looks delectable! I may go FB on a few of these w/o sampling first (something I haven't done in quite a while! Mmmm - off to snoop the reviews :) Edited by NuTrix

September looks delectable! I may go FB on a few of these w/o sampling first (something I haven't done in quite a while! Mmmm - off to snoop the reviews :)

Did someone call for Snoop? :Emoticons10311:

It's a different kind of faire, but I just had the idea that wearing this month's new releases to a Renaissance Faire would be perfect! :princess2: This season will be my first time at one of these and so I'm not totally sure what it's like, but I'm anticipating that the fall weather, mystical exhibits, and gag shows could synergize with these scents.

Edited by Ivysaur

OMGoodness, it's so wonderfully frustrating when every scent in the sampler is a total win. :lol: I thought I knew which ones I was going to love, and I do, but I love the rest of them, too. And BF loves all the ones I gave him to try, as well! My wish list just grew quite a bit bigger! Wonderful job! :hearts0425: