Fair Ground

Beccah

AD-FairGround-SM.jpg

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

• 2 weeks later...

This one makes me think of a classic aquatic male cologne - not that it reminds of one in particular, it just has that vibe to it. It's not my thing, but I think it would smell fabulous on a guy. It's very clean and nicely smooth.

A dab of this goes a long way for me. I'm not used to unisex scents. I think I smell too much like masculine deodorant.

However, I reaallly like the base notes, which I think are sandalwood and balsam, which I also think may be what I agree makes Fairground smooth. "Base notes" are the ingredients you smell later in the wearing period, right?

Edited by Ivysaur

This is not advertised as the "work friendly" scent of the set but it could certainly be less the SWS - which of course you could layer with this.

This is a very good masculine scent - pretty much as described above. On my skin it is very "woody" - the cedar, balsam and sandalwood is out front. I am not sure I get the earth note. The water accord is far back there.

Please do not take the short description as a negative. The scent is very straightforward and very masculine, but "soft" enough you can wear it to work. You cannot go wrong with this scent. Try it.

This one tricked me because the name had me thinking cotton candy, funnel cake drizzlings, nachos.. my nose expected all those glorious things, then it was like wuuutttt??? It smelled like a clean smooth silky man face. It reminded me so much of when I saw goodnight/ goodbye to my husband. He's always freshly shaved and smooth. I have to stand on my tippy toes to kiss him, and it never fails I kiss him on his chin. I always end up with a mouthful of whatever he shaved with. It smells good just tastes horrible, but the feeling is happy. That's what this reminded me of. My husband's clean shaven chin! Lol. I'm going to out some on him.

• 1 month later...

I was nervous this one would smell like dirt on me, or overpowering cedar, but it smells like a chilly autumn night! No cedar chips here. It is woodsy, but not in the sense that would be too masculine for me or smelling like a hamster cage. Think the trees outside in late October. There are hints of earth and something damp and cool that could be midnight dew or morning frost. The sandalwood must be what tames the cedar here. It even goes a little sweet (my skin has a tendency to do that). While I amp some types of cedar I also amp sandalwood, and here it won the carnival game.

• 5 months later...

Coming back to this after 7 months, I get a lot less Cedar upfront and early, which I appreciate. In exchange, I get a lot more Earth and Water accords and find out that I especially like Earth note :huh:

Another lovely improvement is sweet sandalwood (or is it Balsam?) I do get a feel for the Midway and it indeed smells exciting.

I also discovered Fair Ground's utility to keep me grounded. (I should have figured by the name :lol:) Never experienced such an aromatherapy effect before.. I could definitely use more of that protection and structure. I'm intrigued now to go back and snag an Earth Elemental trial vial.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 2 years later...

I found this one intriguing and wasn't quite sure what to make of it. While I was wearing it I had to keep sniffing again and again as it kept drawing me in. I can smell the wood, but there's a sweetness there, too. The sweetness keeps it from being too masculine and makes it more unisex. I think the description of this one fits it so perfectly well. It doesn't so much smell like something as somewhere. It's outdoorsy but like you've caught a scent in the breeze of something happening far away. Like you were at the carnival but now you've left, and as you're walking away the roar of the crowd has dulled to a murmur and the breeze is bringing you fresh air, but also lingering traces of kettle corn, arcades, and cotton candy.

@greenappletart That is a great review.

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Snakecharmer49311 said:

I was such a fool for not buying more of this stuff. 

I can relate.  I had a sample pack from that month and thought Fairground was great!

33 minutes ago, Snakecharmer49311 said:

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head, unfortunately.  I'm sure that @Potion Master would have some excellent ideas, however.

I don't know that there's anything too close to it, but as far as aquatic-type scents I would recommend Tortuga or Poseidon or Cyprian Sceptre.  Or even Tsai, which isn't an aquatic but a really polished male fragrance.

I am a big fan of both Tsai and Poseidon.  As well as the accompanying Phero blends.

@Snakecharmer49311  I might have a spare sealed bottle lying around in my personal stash. I will go hunt for it if you email me. This was a personal fave of mine as well so there may have been hoarding involved, lol. The closest thing to the satisfying natureyness of Fair Ground, imo, would be Northern Comfort. Not the exact same, but the earth and cedar are in both, and I am mad for them both in the same kind of way. We only have a couple of bottles left of Northern Comfort, but I want to make it again. It's too good to lose and a local fave up here.

(Thanks for the tag, Snoops!)