Medium 2016

Beccah

AD-Medium16-SM.jpg

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

Dark, gorgeous, mysterious resin heaven! And....the dragon's blood doesn't take over and devour everything! I love just the right amount of dragon's blood in a potion but sadly it often throws back its fiery head a ROARS!!! Everything else here is perfectly balanced and creates exactly what the description implies.

Alriiiiight!! The original MEDIUM was a favorite of mine! Good to know that this one is also amazing.

I have no comparison to the original having never smelled it! Maybe someone who has will come along with their opinion on that but yes this one is everything I would want in a potion of this sort. It only takes a dab too, my sample should last forever I'd say and it is still amping on me..in a very very good way!

eta: Holy crapolla! There are ALOT more ingredients in the original version of this so now I REALLY don't know how it will compare. Interested to hear!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Anyone who loves the really deep resiny blends should enjoy this, I would think. After about half an hour it settles down on me, there's a little bit too much dragon's blood for my tastes - but I'm very sensitive to it.

How much Oud are y'all getting? I amp Oud and make it smell like a brush fire...but just a leeeetle tech of it works on my skin. For instance, I can't wear Sugared Oud. Everything else in this makes me want a full bottle. ~And to have a truly hot affair with it.~ :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Ooh, this one makes me feel ready for some mediumship class consultations that I hope to be taking pretty soon. Initially, I found this to be a very strange scent, indeed mysterious, definitely because I am entirely new to the resinous category. Worn lightly, this is without a doubt congruous to its name.

I love this scent! I love it as much as the original. Very resinous and slightly woodsy. I get a little of the oud but it really is very resin-y goodness on me. I'm so glad that my bride approves of this scent! I have worn it when working a few times and my clients have commented on how good I smell.

Good luck with your mediumship classes, Ivysaur! Those are my favorite to teach of all the classes I offer.

I love this scent! I love it as much as the original. Very resinous and slightly woodsy. I get a little of the oud but it really is very resin-y goodness on me. I'm so glad that my bride approves of this scent! I have worn it when working a few times and my clients have commented on how good I smell.

Good luck with your mediumship classes, Ivysaur! Those are my favorite to teach of all the classes I offer.

Thanks! I have high hopes to enjoy this practice. Great to hear that it's equally exciting for both instructors and students.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! This is super spicy and chewy. Not sure why, but LP patchouli comes across as chewy to me. This is thick and spicy rich and chewy. Dark and heady. Mmmm... I can only wear the barest smidgen or it's too much - oh, but that glorious smidgen is dreamy! I don't normally wear resin scents but I'm going to have to keep a sample of this on hand for when I do. As AzuraGrace said, "I find it strangely addictive."

I wore this today to test the magickal components. My MIL and SIL were visiting and I usually do tarot readings when they come over.

I was super excited to test this out and see if it gave me any extra oomph. It smells very Mediumy lol. Like Venice beach and church. Not that that's a bad thing, it's exactly the smell I was expecting so it's not like I was expecting cupcakes or roses in a scent named " Medium " but maybe that's a PE I should explore. Anyhow I didn't feel like it gave me any extra insight to my readings, but I did notice I felt confident, secure, and safe, which is important when you do a reading otherwise the messages will be convoluted. I also noticed it puts me on the same page as the " client " almost like I can hear their thoughts. On two occassions I said the same sentence as my SIL and my husband was getting ready to tell me a story and I knew that he was going to tell me something very specific about the academy. I really do like this one, and you really only need a little dab because it's very rich, strong, and thick. Who doesn't love those 3 adjectives???

One thIng I did notice was I was super exhausted after I read for them, which is normal but usually Ill be okay, but today I had to take a little nap. I'll definitely be using these when I read for clients.

I wore this today to test the magickal components. My MIL and SIL were visiting and I usually do tarot readings when they come over.

I was super excited to test this out and see if it gave me any extra oomph. It smells very Mediumy lol. Like Venice beach and church. Not that that's a bad thing, it's exactly the smell I was expecting so it's not like I was expecting cupcakes or roses in a scent named " Medium " but maybe that's a PE I should explore. Anyhow I didn't feel like it gave me any extra insight to my readings, but I did notice I felt confident, secure, and safe, which is important when you do a reading otherwise the messages will be convoluted. I also noticed it puts me on the same page as the " client " almost like I can hear their thoughts. On two occassions I said the same sentence as my SIL and my husband was getting ready to tell me a story and I knew that he was going to tell me something very specific about the academy. I really do like this one, and you really only need a little dab because it's very rich, strong, and thick. Who doesn't love those 3 adjectives???

One thIng I did notice was I was super exhausted after I read for them, which is normal but usually Ill be okay, but today I had to take a little nap. I'll definitely be using these when I read for clients.

I love how this works for the intent as well! It is amazing how well it works!

I did have to laugh. I'd put a couple of dabs on earlier this evening because I just like the empowered feeling I get when I wear this. After about 10 minutes it had heated up on my skin and my beautiful bride started sniffing the air. "What are you wearing?"

Medium.

"Oh, I like it!" She has since proceeded to get close and sniff me everytime I'm near her. :Emoticons10311:

Had to have a FB of this. Was debating just a sample or 2 (it was a free sniffie that hooked me to start). Turns out, it's so addictive that I had to go FB because, well, it would just be more cost effective than a handful of samples, right?!

I also decided this would be an excellent addition to tweak my Nu's man nip :666:

As others have said, there's a power in the intent. Empaths will feel it for sure and no doubt be able to hone in on surrounding thoughts, feelings and cues from others and your environment.

And to think I almost missed out on this one! Tsk, tsk!

It's going to take me some time to be able to identify which elements are coming to the fore, which are stronger initially, and which are more evident in the drydown.... but for now, this is perfectly recreating that elusive scent of my favorite Tibetan shops, where you're surrounded by fragrant wood furniture and bright folded silks and glittering jewelry and beautifully carved deities, and you can't QUITE identify what that wood/incense blend in the air is but you love love love it. this -- for me and on me -- is exactly that. :):heart106:

Medium is resinous, heady and a little bit fruity. Just a little is needed. I quickly found out that a slathering clears my sinus then takes me into headache territory. I need to test this thick, dark fragrance some more, with a light hand of course! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This one is almost what you would expect between the name and the ingredients, but like a lot of Mara's magic, it is just a little surprising different. As other's have said here - Medium 2016 certainly lives up to it's name. It is deep, it is resinous, and there is certainly a spiciness to it - a deeper spiciness that matches the overall mood. It is what I would think of for me as a special occasion scent. I certainly could not pull it off every day although others probably could.

Luna makes and interesting point about the dragon's blood. There is not too much for me but I realized from doing a review of Bloodroot (that has dragon's blood in it also) that it is the dragon's blood in these two scents that has been confusing me a little. On my skin, the dragon's blood fades in and out and back in over time, which for me is a little unusual. Usually when a certain note dries down it stays dried down. But not the dragon's blood. The more I think about it, I think maybe the dragon's blood is really staying relatively constant and it is the other notes that come forward or fade which make the dragon's blood seem to come and go. Whatever it is, it has taken me several wears over and extended period to figure it out. But I have said it before - I am kinda slow when it comes to individual notes.

If you like deeper scents like I do, get it while it is there to be got.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

At first it smelled like cleaner to me!!! Glad that went away rather quickly :) 

I feel like I would use this as a more personal (not so much used for other people to notice me) creative? Scent. 

When I took the big whiff that smelled like cleaner my head went a little funny and there was a reaction (still is) in my head/upper body like a hmmm protective warmth?

i really enjoy this one more before the dry down as the yummies seems to get eaten and I’m left with a very interesting sort of a musk? Scent.

Argh grumble why chemistry whyyyy I really loves this one for creativity. ❤️ before drydown. Hmmmmm can this sort of thing be diffused!?! :D Maybe can still use it!!! :D No skin meld problem solved? 

Maybe would wear wear to bed. I am digging this warm protected feeling. This is only high quality amazing perfume right, no phero ha ❤️ 

I was going to wash off and try another phero or perfume that I haven’t tried before, but I love this feeling, and on top of it I’m all snuggled in my blankets. Gonna stay here. Have a feel good self love day. I’m in the zone. The peaceful love zone. 

It’s like my higher self decided to give me a big hug, and hang out today. Sourounded with all the love always, but Now with Medium I’ve opened to it. 

I had a memory! This one feels like what I believe Meo-EST felt like to me. 

I just remember one one of them would cause me to feel sadness? get blue, fatigued, but the other one felt like lovey safe protection warmth. 

Hopefully not getting this confused with anything. 

Edited by amoradrianam
Warmth

• 3 weeks later...