Sweet!

Beccah

AD-Sweet-SM.jpg

Sweet!

Our tribute to the classic Carnival comestible: the Caramel Apple! Red and green apple accords sweetened with white and brown sugars, dipped in warm caramel and dotted with mini marshmallows, all upon a sturdy stick of teakwood. You know what they say: a caramel apple a day keeps the scary clowns at bay, so munch and crunch away!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

Seeing as my boss was kind enough to grant my demand for a caramel apple scent, heh...:wub:

Interestingly enough, though, this comes off as more "candied" than "caramel" to me. We've had apple/wood scents before, like Nibble Me This, for example, and Sweet! is like a sweet version of that type of scent. The teakwood is pretty strong on me, although it may not be for others. But I like it, it's sweet in the same kind of way as Betsy's Apple, IMO. Apple and wood is always a great pairing, it's one of the classic scents of Autumn to my mind.

Yes! Until you expressed that I couldn't really wrap my head around it. More candied than caramel is right on. AND I LOVE EET!!!!! Candy Apple Cutie really turned on me at some point and I never could figure out why. Too sour? Too caramel-y? Don't know but this one does not do that too me. I loved Nibble Me This too but this is my favorite fall apple scent we've had so far. Wore it to bed and it was amazeballs in the morning too.

Candy Apple Cutie is very intensely sweet on me, so maybe that was too much for your chemistry?

Yes! I'm sure of it. I wanted to love it so much. The concept seemed so me! But I finally had to accept that it wasn't working. I should always know Mara will eventually come up with something better for me if something doesn't work and I do believe this is it in this genre.

Wet this has a bright tangy Apple, similar in feel to Betsy's Apple. There is no caramel luckily as that is a death note for me. It's fairly sweetened until the long Drydown. At that point the teak which doesn't read super woodsy to me takes over. It's a dry wood kind of smell, almost reminds me of dried grasses rather than wood. And it's still very much a sweet scent at that point. It's really nice as a Fall scent and not really evocative of any other LP after that initial blast of juicy Apple settles down.

• 2 weeks later...

This wasn't sweet on me at all, it was more apple cider in a big leaf pile. There was about 45 seconds in the beginning where it was sweet and I detected a tiny bit of caramel, but that was a split second then it turned into apple cider and leaves. I'm hoping that I'll get more caramel. It's most likely my cycle as well. I cannot do sweet. My nose refuses to accept it. I have to wait until this weekend when things have settled down.

Leaves, cider and a wee bit of caramel at first. I've been wearing this for about four hours and now I get a caramel marshmallow apple with a hint of leaves.I really like the unfolding process in this scent. It takes its time. Another autumnal scent I really love.

Sweet was a bright blast of green apple for the first 1/2 hour, then it went a bit spicy??? Now it's wearing off into a sweetened type of woody scent with a hint of apple.

:lolipop: This is just what I need today. I'm having quite the sweet tooth, but got no candy around me. I'm getting the fall leaves scent at the same time, too. That must be the teakwood.

I'm all open arms to this combination as I'm granted my desire to pretend I'm at the park right now, sucking on a lolli.

This is so pretty (&YUMMY!!) on my skin. But, it just goes poof after 30-40 min. It doesn't vanish completely. It burns off quickly to a very light/understated close to the skin scent. I have to put my nose right on my arm and huff.

I do like what I smell. Which makes it all the more frustrating. Apple doesn't always work for me. It tends to amp and get way to sour/tart for my nose. Here it's wonderfully blended with all the other notes. It's smells feminine and fun. I wish I could get just a bit more throw. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet on me is very apple forward. I detect a hint of caramel if I sniff my wrists. During wear the bright, juiciness of the apple softens, leaving me with more of a baked apple blended with subtle smoked wood. A perfect Autumn fragrance.

• 2 months later...

Every time I wear this, it's because I need to. My day is in need of saving :Emoticons04282: and Sweet! hits that spot just right. The teakwood and marshmallow root never fail to comfort me as apple and sugar provide me serene mental stimulation.

It has the most staying power I've experienced of LPMP's scents as well, lasting all the way through Day 2 if I don't shower

(rarely, but it's not never :blush:), and what's left is mostly teakwood. If left on fabrics, however, it's not as noticeable because I think Sweet! needs body heat for effective diffusion moreso than some others.

Edited by Ivysaur