Vardo

Beccah

AD-Vardo-SM.jpg

Vardo

The scent of unending travel and of cool dry nights spent under the stars…the denizens of the Carnival make their way through small towns and bustling cities alike in their colorful wagons, and upon a late hour some may spy their passing, provoking curiosity and excitement, as the ones who create the wonders sleep beneath the wide night sky and entertain adventurous dreams. An airy earthy unisex scent…dried grass and sage, dusty earth accord with ozone and the tang of ripening wild blackberries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.
DRIED GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
AIR/OZONE ACCORD ~ Thought, communication, ideas, awareness.
DRY EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

• 2 weeks later...

This has a sort of neutral vibe to me. The tart blackberry is very nice as a topnote, and then later it's a thread among the other notes. But there's something about the blending of the earth and the air and plants which make Vardo smell just "there," if that makes sense. It's like a scent that you know very well and are comfortable with, but it doesn't provoke you so much as just place you in the moment. And of course the ingredients work towards that end, so there you go. I could see this being paired with Balm Bomb, for example, because of that protective/centering characteristic.

Well, as usual, Luna already nailed it! This is a delicious fall nature scent -- earth and grass and herbs make a delicate symphony, with blackberry warm and damp around the edges. It reminds me a bit of Summer Belle or Misty Melon Patch -- not a similar scent, per se, but just so evocative of a particular season and place. This feels like walking through a field in early autumn, with the wind whipping the reeds and a damp rainy sky overhead and the last scents of the harvest on the air. Gorgeous!

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree that Vardo has a 'neutral' vibe, which is my preference for robustness in a scent I'd like to wear more frequently. I'm going to take a stab and guess that it's due to the sage and ozone/air accord. I find this very interesting.

And I am loving this blackberry! :) It's right there on the bush, ripe for picking.

I have to agree that Vardo has a 'neutral' vibe, which is my preference for robustness in a scent I'd like to wear more frequently. I'm going to take a stab and guess that it's due to the sage and ozone/air accord. I find this very interesting.

And I am loving this blackberry! :) It's right there on the bush, ripe for picking.

I really like Vardo, I seem to amp the blackberry in a very big way. My bride wasn't too sure what to make of her chubby hubby smelling like a blackberry but I really like this one. I agree that it is much more neutral.

I probably should have put this in the men's section because it is a gender neutral scent. What a clean, blackberry forward scent. I am strongly reminded of The Magician w/ this one.

This smells very clean to me and almost like beach camping near Santa Barbara. There's something about beach camping that is sweet smelling and clean to me. Not like regular camping which I hate. This scent reminded me of one time when I went camping to watch meteor showers. It was very cool! Haven't had that memory in a long time. I'm glad I'm able to remember awesome things I did without having any residual murder feelings or anything. I'm growing up nicely! Anyhow I'm digging this one!

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE this one!!! It's beautiful! I'm clearly an atmospheric scent kind of a girl so I knew I would like this one. It's very grounding and unique, like one of those scents that if I caught a whiff of it, I'd wonder what is was. It is definitely neutral and not too sweet . I wish I could give a better description. I'm going to add more later.

ETA: I keep getting this hint of blackberry mixed with the grasses and it reminds me of dried sweet grass. I love sweet grass! It's like these scents are floating in the air around me. It's so soft and subtle at this point. Like others have said, I also get the sense of walking through a field in the fall at the last moments of harvest. The air is a bit chilly and there is a bit of dampness in the air as well. Oh, I also get this sense of travel with this. Not sure if it's the image that evokes this sense or the scent itself. Either way, I LOVE IT!

ETA 2.0: After many hours, I realized I was getting a dusty earth scent too, as if I'd been traveling down a long dirt road and the dust is clinging to my boots but it's mixed with the others scents too. Amazing! ?

Edited by tink333

This is officially on the very top of my FB wish list! My sample will be gone very soon at the rate I'm wearing this. It's one of those light scents that you can't really tell your wearing a perfume but you smell damn good. I'm completely addicted the LP's that bring me places, as if I've traveled there myself. I can visually see the dirt road and fields I think I've traveled that caused me to smell like this. I see dusty faded flowers and drying grasses. The daylight is fading. There are trees in the distance, which is where the caravan will stop and make camp for the night. All this from Vardo. ❤❤❤

I think the sage gives off that near the beach or clean impression. Victoria, have you ever tried Method's "Beach Sage" laundry detergent? I think you will like it. So I totally get LV's camp by the beach thing. But it's more like a gypsy caravan by the beach. Outdoors, fresh with a tinge of something lightly incensey. The berries go a little medicinal on my skin after a bit. But, the fragrance is very relaxing.

Vardo wet is blackberry, sage and grass. Sweet, juicy and herbal. Not really a fan of this stage, which given the notes, wasn't a huge surprise to me. The surprise, however, was drydown. The fragrance becomes such an airy skin scent with wafts of a slightly earthy, yet rich and sweet blackberry to remind me that I am wearing a perfume and that unfortunately, I don't smell this good on my own, lol. I wasn't expecting to like this scent, but I really do!

Edited by IndieAna

• 2 months later...

I wore Vardo to meet a friend in person for the first time. Weeks later, I'm told that when he remembers me, he remembers this scent! Talk about scent imprints... I was also wearing something of my own imitation of the Levitation pheromone blend. That certainly helped our evening go well :parrot8:

I've worn other LPMP scents since our first meeting, but he remembers Vardo. Quite an impression maker.

Edited by Ivysaur