Rik's Southern Lights

Beccah

AD-PE-RikSL.jpg

An unusual combo that smells delightful! Blood orange and violet blossoms, folded into creamy marshmallow fluff with a smidge of dark amber in the base.

There's one issue with this one though - it refuses to blend and must be shaken. It's the combo of citrus and marshmallow that does it, I tried it with 2 different marshmallow sources and it did the same thing. Making it a spray would solve that issue if you mind it, but try not to mind it because it smells wonderful!

• 3 weeks later...

This one was so hard to wrap my head around, but like Halo said, it's lovely! I get predominantly violet, with a bit of edge from the citrus that kind of de-sweetens the marshmallow so that I get lots of fluff, but with a clean almost soapy cast, not sugary. I bet it would be lovely in a spray, and very congruent with OW.

• 2 weeks later...

Soft pillowy fluffy violet thanks to the marshmallow.

That's mostly what I get too, I like the sweetened violet aspect of it quite a bit, it's velvety soft.

Rik's Southern Lights begins as a bright citrus scent that quickly melds into a soft, smooth marshmallow. It doesn't lose the tang but it is definitely sweet and fluffy, along with the lovely complimenting violet note. This is such a cuddly, comforting fragrance.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

All these raves convinced me to try it even though I couldn't quite make the notes make sense together in my mind. In the first like 90 seconds it is surprisingly masculine or at least unisex on me (I think that's the amber) and I could not identify a single note - it's a quite unusual mix - but it quickly begins getting drastically better and better until the late drydown which is probably one of my favorite late drydowns EVER .... a cloud that evokes late-summer dusk. Addictive

• 9 months later...

@Crash's enthusiasm for trying new scents got me to take a look in my untried stash, I currently have on Rik's Southern Lights. I feel confident that is the most wearable violet I've come across. IF I tried it before the Sale I might have grabbed a bottle!

19 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Crash's enthusiasm for trying new scents got me to take a look in my untried stash, I currently have on Rik's Southern Lights. I feel confident that is the most wearable violet I've come across. IF I tried it before the Sale I might have grabbed a bottle!

There’s still time... lol sorry I’ll be quiet. I love it myself 

4 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

There’s still time... lol sorry I’ll be quiet. I love it myself 

Oh, but you see, there's the PE's and the OCCO's and Odalisque and Pallas left, and if I order anything else before my Sale order comes home to me I'll be struck down by lightening immediately.

3 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Oh, but you see, there's the PE's and the OCCO's and Odalisque and Pallas left, and if I order anything else before my Sale order comes home to me I'll be struck down by lightening immediately.

You and me both... I placed a huge order and will need to get thru these bottles before I order anything else...

Strangely I've never had Levitation UN, only in blends. I have used up an entire bottle of UN Topper in my hair, though, I imagine it might affect me the same way.