Just Desserts

Beccah

AD-JustDesserts-SM.jpg

Just Desserts

Have you been a good witch or a bad witch? If you do indeed deserve a reward, an indulgence, then we’ve created one perfect for the season…but take care lest you’re the one being nibbled! Sticky swirls of luscious butterscotch and creme brulee smooched with warm almond in a base of luxurious amber and just a touch of woody cedar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

• 2 weeks later...

Very pretty. Doesn't last very long on my skin. About 3 hours. Then this is a really mellow sweet skin scent.

First on, I get a good dose of almond. Which is the norm for me with that note. Then all the other notes come out and blend to make a drool worthy dessert.

Very pretty. Brings to mind " ..Because The Night" a bit (minus the marzipan).

I love this so much! I adore almond scents. I got unsolicited compliments from my man the second he smelled it on me. I normally don't care much for anything very sweet or "edible" smelling, but I don't know, this one hits the spot somehow. I had no trouble with staying power, but I slathered on quite a bit ;) I get that lovely, almost "syrupy" amber after a few hours. So, so good.

I love this one! The almond is almost cherry-ish to start and the buttercream gives it a rich and decadent feel. It's like cherry almond cake batter. This doesn't scream sweetness or bakery as it wears though. It melds with your skin and stays soft and pretty.

Definitely one for the almond crowd! Wet I get a marzipan quality which settles into thick luscious butterscotch candy. Unfortunately, it goes a bit plasticky on me in the long drydown but that initial splash is rich and intoxicating!

Wow! There's that familiar cherry association with almond for sure!

Then after about 5 minutes there's something that smells, hmm, waxy? Is that what some of you mean when you say something "goes plastic-y"? This is a first for me.

I love the butter/cream/sugar, like a delicious tart of some sort - or sugar cookie.

I can't really pick out the cedar but the amber I think is reading "chewy" to my brain.

Very yum :)

It's like cherry almond cake batter.

Yes, it actually reminds me a bit of Ann's Cherried Almond & Honeyed Vanilla; it has that same sense of weighty yumminess. The almond backs off on me pretty quick though, I really like the drydown, it is soooooo luscious, in that sticky caramelized kind of way. I wish it were a tad bit sweeter, but maybe that's because I'm not very sweet (it's trying to tell me something). :P

At first sniff I thought this was Cherry Divinity! It's very cherry buttery cake pastry! I almost inhaled my veins it's so good! I wish it would

last longer, like years. After about 30-45 mins my skin eats it all up. Can't really blame it though, it's delicious!

• 3 weeks later...

Slathered this and have been rewarded all morning with a huge intoxicating cloud of unholy union of cobbler bursting with bubbling syrupy bright red cherries and creme brulee. Produced whiplash doubletakes from more than one stranger. Went to see doctor who muttered "whoa, smells good" when he got close and then ended the appointment abruptly :smiley-laughing024: This is one of those that smells different when you snoof close up vs. the cloud - when I snoof it is steadily ... hm, not quite plasticky, but sort of like paper that might be about to burn. Not unpleasant, just very different from the huge, gooshy desserty, almost-visible cloud.

• 2 weeks later...

Just Desserts begins very almond forward. During drydown this fragrance becomes buttery creamy and sweet, the almond is still noticeable, but becomes part of the blend, rather than a strong note. As I wear this gourmand perfume, I am smelling warm donuts dipped in sugar..nom nom nom.

• 7 months later...

I love this one. It doesn't do anything weird after it dries down either. I wish it had more projection and longevity, but I'm still considering getting a full bottle while it is still available.

When I originally applied it early yesterday evening, even though I loved it, it seemed like it was gone in a matter of minutes. But, I'd liked it so much I applied a generous amount on the inside of one arm before going to bed last night And it still seemed as if it totally vanished in no time flat. But, after being awakened due to the next door neighbor's dogs' barking (incessantly!) I was laying there miserable, but, I kept smelling this wonderful comforting smell, and I realized it was the Just Desserts. So, it may stay close to the skin, but it seems like it makes encore appearances after first application. I could smell it after four hours had passed, but not longer than six. It makes me wonder if I got it converted to spray form, if it would have more silage.

My skin is not the most friendly to many perfume notes. It amps honey, and not only amps some kinds of patchouli, but oftentimes devours everything else but the patchouli! With almond/amaretto type scents, often that note vanishes in minutes. And, even though the almond pretty much stayed in the very background after the beginning few minutes, the buttercream stayed true and did not turn plasticy.

ETA continuity.

Edited by rose

• 3 months later...

I was hoping the vanilla wouldn't result in a plastic attack, and sadly it did. I loved the almond extract-like blast in the beginning, but I'd say around the 10-15 minute mark it became plasticky vanilla. However adding a bit of another scent to the trial vial controlled that aspect, so I can wear it now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh. I smell delicious. I have this on with Treasured Hearts, but I will sneak on some OCCO white when it's time to up-level.

Ooooh. I smell delicious. I have this on with Treasured Hearts, but I will sneak on some OCCO white when it's time to up-level.

So admiring your plunge into the wild ravine of phero's! Loving your reviews and mixes.

So admiring your plunge into the wild ravine of phero's! Loving your reviews and mixes.

I love that, "admiring my plunge." If only my ex-husband was able to see my brilliance and skills at taking on purchasing challenges.