Universal Antidote

Beccah

AD-UniversalAntidote-SM.jpg

Universal Antidote

No matter what ails ye, we've got the cure, in the form of this mood elevating delicious smelling treat! We present this bit of olfactory magic sure to satisfy! Pancake batter-like warm vanilla, blended with hot milk accord, syrupy sweet black fig and sprinkles of maple sugar…see? All better now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection,
aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my! I would really REALLY like this with the exception of the fig.
Fig reads "green" to me, so instead of sweet ripe fig, while it IS sweet, my brain is saying, "Green! This isn't right..." :(
But I DO love the vanilla/maple/milk/butter/cream....drool worthy :heart:

Oh my! I would really REALLY like this with the exception of the fig.

Fig reads "green" to me, so instead of sweet ripe fig, while it IS sweet, my brain is saying, "Green! This isn't right..." :(

But I DO love the vanilla/maple/milk/butter/cream....drool worthy :heart:

i was checking this thread every day to see if someone had tested this. I wanna get a sample with my next order to see how i like it. The fig concerns me too. I don't like anything green in a scent. So, Nutrix, would you describe this as a foody scent or does the fig make it too green?

The fig in this, on my skin, is that unisex "green'ish" fig. It really almost smells more like a mans scent on my skin. But, overall I'd classify it as unisex.

I definitely thought this would be sweeter. I like it. But, I'm crushing on my FC Figgy more.

ETA... looking back at the notes I see its specifically noted that this is a "syrupy, sweet" fig. That's not what I get. I'll definitely be back for round 2. ;)

Edited by StacyK

So, Nutrix, would you describe this as a foody scent or does the fig make it too green?

For me, it is too green. I couldn't get past the fig to really enjoy the whole :(

Sorry Potion Master :heart: It probably would be for me too, sans the fig :Blusher:

Edited by NuTrix

I've been dragging my feet on reviewing this one. :( I did not reread the notes before I tried it. I got a weird note I didn't like and couldn't place when I first sniffed the vial straight out of the mailbox, so I blamed travel shock. I set it aside and waited for a few days before actually putting it on my skin. That odd note was still there. I couldn't figure out what it was, but it drove me to distraction. I thought maybe my skin was reacting badly with the vanilla, though I don't usually have that issue.

Finally I looked up what's in it, and I'm 99% sure now it's the fig that I don't care for. I don't know if my skin is amping it, if my skin is just plain eating up the rest of the scent, if it's a chemistry issue, if it needs more time to settle, or if I just don't like fig! I only smell the maple when it's wet, and everything else is dominated by the fig when it's dry, even at the end of the day. Even now that I know what I'm smelling, I just can't get into it.

I will try it again in a month or two, just in case it needs more time to meld. I might just not be a fig person. This month has been really surprising in terms of what I love and what hasn't worked for me!

This one isn't working for me. (Thank god, I love way too many of these NRs) Maybe it's the fig? I love vanilla, maple and buttercream... I thought this was a for sure win. I like the fig in Chrissy and Halos PE. The only thing I can compare this to in my scent memory is of a self tanning lotion I've used in the past. Back when I thought being super tan was a good idea. Could be the memory of self tanner is skewing my thought on this.

This one is very interesting. I just splattered some on my palm while pushing in the sample stopper, so I haven't tried it for real. If I didn't know it was fig, I would say it's foodie with a touch of lemony lavender. I am not usually a fan of fig. I see where people are getting the greenness because I am getting (what?) lavender. I am not really a fan of lavender either except when Mara mixes it with something edible. I may have to get this, just because it's so different. It's light and bright, but has a soothing sweetness to it. Mara gets me with that milk/butter/cream note every time!

P.S. I remember self tanning (eons ago) and I can see where hearts is getting that from, too. This smells better than the stinky Mary Kay self tanner I used to use with my feet up on the wall waiting for my legs to dry!

It is with a sad & heavy heart that I must confess Universal Antidote is not playing well w/ my chemistry. I am sad because I love fig. I am getting the dreaded self-tanner smell, unfortunately.

The "syrupy sweet" descriptor of the fig was Mara's contribution, I wanted to note. But yeah, if I didn't know this was black fig I would totally say it was a tangy green fig instead, which is the kind I like. Even though I generally prefer fig scents which are not gourmand, I really like this one (I may be the only one besides the Boss, lol). There is a smooth slightly creamy sugary background which cradles the fig note - and it is really strong at first, I gotta say. But even though this is gourmand it takes a while until I think of food, once the fig backs off a bit.

I haven't gone back for a second test on this. I have noticed with a couple from this set, they really need to be shaken. Or what seems more effective with the trials is to turn them over and over. I did that with LP Pumpkin. It was the second NR I tried. My first test of that one was all patch and Carmel sugars. After reading the other reviews I thought something might be off. So I gave it a few days to settle and before I wore it the other day I turned that little vial over and over for about 10 minutes. Watching that little air bubble rise up each time. Anyway, totally worth it. What I got after that mixing was a very different result from my first try. Got to remember to mix these vials, that's been very noticeable with this set.

I always shake trial vials and bottles, just to clarify.

Me too. I tend to think of all the different ingredients as having different weights, so some must settle closer to the bottom of the vial or bottle, while others rise a little nearer the top. I always shake - I want these suckers incorporated. I hate the idea of accidentally causing an imbalance in the scent by sort of "scooping" a bunch of stuff out of the top (or bottom) of the bottle/vial. :o I shake the crap out of all my stuff - scents and pheros.

Well, this ended very nicely, but I spent a few hours w/ the initial sent. I woke up w/ a soft & sweet candy smell. Idk, my skin just hates this for like 8 hours first. :/

Me too. I tend to think of all the different ingredients as having different weights,.

I'm sure some do have different weights. But, I don't always remember to shake. IDK about this one. But, I can definitely say it made a big difference with a few others.

I'm sure some do have different weights. But, I don't always remember to shake. IDK about this one. But, I can definitely say it made a big difference with a few others.

I'm not sure if they really do or not. But for some reason I kind of think of them in terms of, like, salad dressing or something! :lol: I guess that with the knowledge that there are no stabilizers in these scents, I started to think about them as though they might separate into their distinct components while they're sitting on my shelf, and I don't want to accidentally "scoop" more cinnamon out at the beginning and leave all the vanilla at the bottom. I know it sounds stupid - that probably isn't what's happening at all.

This one is so weird! I love it. I don't get the green fig thing at all (thank god, I don't like green) but I guess I mostly get brown sugar (maybe is the same as maple sugar?) and the milk/buttercream so yeah! My kind of cold weather scent. It is extremely comforting to me which is what I want out of a winter scent.

This will be my' Universal Antidote' to the winter blues.

I'm not sure if they really do or not. But for some reason I kind of think of them in terms of, like, salad dressing or something! :lol: I guess that with the knowledge that there are no stabilizers in these scents, I started to think about them as though they might separate into their distinct components while they're sitting on my shelf, and I don't want to accidentally "scoop" more cinnamon out at the beginning and leave all the vanilla at the bottom. I know it sounds stupid - that probably isn't what's happening at all.

I'm not sure, only Mara could observe it with her various ingredients. But, it really won't surprisee me given the different types of ingredients used.

Science shows us that density is a characteristic of any substance (including liquid). Each liquid has its own density. A liquid will float if it is less dense than the liquid it is placed in. A liquid sinks if it's more dense (heavier)than the liquid it's in.

I'd definitely suspect some LPs settle and separate, a bit, depending on the ingredients.

I just need to remember to shake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I wore this last night with B2. My B2 spray is UNscented so I was looking for something new to pair it with.

It occurred to me that, on my skin, this had elements of that "Unisexy" vibe. They make a great pair.

The scent has blended and rounded out. The fig has an almost Smokey scent. Personally, I think that's the fig & maple playing together on my skin. Maple does that to me. Here it works!! I get maple smoked fig. Sweet and a bit earthy, it has the same basic effect of a soft tobacco note on my skin. The sweet vanilla/cream notes all forming a cool soft base.

It's really almost Unisex. Aged very well. I'd love to get a bottle to wear with B2 or anytime I crave this scent. Yummy.

• 4 months later...

Wow... it's really hard to describe this one! Ever squish damp soil in your hands? Just big handfuls of soil... digging in the earth with your hands... It's not a "nature" scent, more "warm and cozy at home" actually, but it reminds me of being in nature somehow. The actual scent is creamy and not-too-sweet, the fig 'feels' kinda mossy, just in... scent texture? (what does that mean?!) I never thought I could like fig so much!

After sniffing it the other day the vial got some on my hands, and I kept stopping to ask myself, 'what is that delicious smell?!' so I knew I had to test this one next. Mmm, I love LPP, it's been so long since I could enjoy any new perfumes. I have to make another order before I go back abroad :)

Hm. The green-ness of the fig is unfortunately kind of soapy on me, which was a weird thing to smell alongside the yummy foody-ness of the other notes. With time, the soapiness has softened, but is still just detectable enough that I'm not quite sure if this works for me. I'll let it age and try again.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 weeks later...

I am a fan
I really like fig in this, in contrast to the interesting popular reaction. But of course it's been a year and has had ample time to age :) If there's fig in any other LP, I think I'll go FB.

Fig is a charismatic center stage note. I wanted to think there was some type of nut in this, but that's just how amazingly complex maple + fig combo is. There's this caramel browning of maple's sugary mainstay; brings many sides of fig out as opposed to, say, mango which stays one facade all throughout. Syrupy and intoxicating

Vanilla + Cream together also give me this fresh clean smell. It smells light and close to the skin, like how baby skin smells with all its natural oils present. Universal Antidote is definitely a welcome scent in cold weather

Edited by Ivysaur

• 1 year later...

Holy my New FAVORITE!!!! :D Oh Happy Day :D

I would like 1 of all the pheros I love in this please :D 

*Looks off in the distance* I feel this smells like the woman I want to be.

Perfume Award? :D 

Edited by amoradrianam
Just wow

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 9:37 AM, Eggers said:

Me too. I tend to think of all the different ingredients as having different weights, so some must settle closer to the bottom of the vial or bottle, while others rise a little nearer the top. I always shake - I want these suckers incorporated. I hate the idea of accidentally causing an imbalance in the scent by sort of "scooping" a bunch of stuff out of the top (or bottom) of the bottle/vial. :o I shake the crap out of all my stuff - scents and pheros.

Eggers I never thought of this! This makes a lot of sense to me now.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, Eastwood22 said:

Eggers I never thought of this! This makes a lot of sense to me now.

I don't actually know if it's a fact that every ingredient has a different weight, but just in case, I shake, shake, shake. It makes me feel better. :) 

• 3 months later...

Wanted to let everyone know that my now Ex-Boyfriend (ha, that was fast- but I don’t deal with abuse:hellokitty1:Protection Potion anyone? Ha another favorite of mine) absolutely loved this on me.

He was crazy about all my scent (meaning all the different lpmps I tried around him) choices as far as I could tell, but this one especially so, and it’s one of my favorites as well.

I just ordered a new FB. Ohhhhhh I’ll go post about my order!☘️ 😁😁😁☘️

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings on this one; I don't think my nose has figured it out yet.  I like the rich sweetness, but I'm having trouble picking out notes beyond the sweetness.  Part of that is probably because I'm not sure what a fig note smells like!  I've smelled dried figs, but this isn't like that. It's almost like maple candy to me, but with the maple toned way down and blended. I can smell some of the "greenness" the other comments mention... the great thing about the greenness is that it makes this wearable in the summer.  

My brother said it smelled "dessert-y" and went downstairs to look for a snack. I don't think it smells quite that gourmand, but smelling like dessert is right up my alley. :)

• 6 months later...

I just got a sample of this and I love it! I don't get a "green" from it at all, just sweet and creamy. I'll see how it smells in the morning, but for now I think it's a winner! 

• 2 months later...

I put some of my trial of this on yesterday, mainly for the name. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to like it so much! I didn't even consider the notes, if was going on for humor/intent. But I kept picking up whiffs, it's really yummy. Maple isn't always great on me, but it's so perfect with the fig here. 

I see it didnt get the best of reviews, but four years later, maybe ya'll should go check on this one. I just took something off my trade page a few days ago that I swear didn't smell like much of anything when I first got it, and it's gorgous now.