Tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast

Beccah

AD-TyveyBermudaBreakfast.jpg

This is just gorgeous and one of my faves for the month. Wonderful concept Tyvey! In Tyvey's words: "super girly pink grapefruit on top, super ripe passionfruit, some freesia (the heady, honeyed, yellow kind), and a little bit of the green stems of the freesia." A lovely, happy happy joy joy kind of feeling from this scent! Remember, grapefruit always starts off really loud but calms in just a few minutes on the skin, so don't just judge this one from the vial (although it smells great that way too), you want to test it on your skin to experience the full rainbow of ingredients. A+

Very bright grapefruit with a hint of floral and honey initially. The grapefruit does calm down fairly quickly, the combination of citrus + flower reminds me a lot of Summer Crush. Even though there's no honey on here, I can definitely smell how the freesia is the "honeyed" kind, if that makes any sense. Drydown for me is mostly the freesia with the grapefruit in there for brightness - the floral part of this really comes out with time. This would be great to wear in the spring! It also reminds me of a drink for some reason... Like a bright pink drink in one of those curvy classes topped with a little umbrella. Maybe I'm just craving grapefruit.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

I don't even know where to begin with this. It has that classic LP fruity-floral thing that no one does like LP, very harmonious - other than the bursting very sweet grapefruit out front initially, I would not have been able to pick out any individual notes, not even freesia which is one of my very very favorite smells. It's so harmonious that at points it feels creamy, like the hard fruit swirl candies that taste like heavy cream.

Interestingly, beginning to end, I can detect the effect - even though I can't quite pick it out discretely - of the juicy green freesia stem. I think that that is what is making it smell interestingly luxurious and extravagant ... especially in the early drydown it unexpectedly puts me in an "18th century princess in silk-over-crinoline" feeling.

It had a LACE-like effect of making me grin uncontrollably and want to burst into song... need to look up the Intents that go with the notes. It gave me images of very bright sunshine, and twirling parasols of orange, pink, and dark yellow. I want to slather this and flit about wearing EVER AFTER butterfly wings.

I did smear a bit of it accidentally with Black Cat's Cottage, which combo is ....... shall we say, not recommended :D

Edited by tyvey

OK, I don't know why I thought I could resist this, since grapefruit is one of my all time fave notes. I think the "fruity floral" has never felt like my genre -- but this is SO AMAZING.

First of all, this is possibly the most fantastic grapefruit I have ever smelled. Gorgeously bright and tangy! I think I didn't have a good sense of what passionfruit and freesia would smell like. They just blend into a gorgeous fruity green fresh base. The combo is beyond beautiful. Everything is so fresh and organic -- It has a light airy quality that is heavenly.

This has a total resort holiday feel. I am seeing a big four poster with mosquito netting hanging down.... patio with bamboo furniture and a bower of fresh flowers, pitcher of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice on the little table. I am feeling the same giddy bright mood lift that Tyvey describes. This is just gorgeous beyond gorgeous and I just reserved one in the PE thread because it must be mine!

I'll be careful not to wear with Black Cat's Cottage, lol!

Absolutely gorgeous scent. I don't normally care that much for passionfruit, but everything balances out so well. The grapefruit keeps it from becoming cloying.

I can see why this was one of Mara's favorites, it's soooo lovely! A grapefruit floral is always a wonderful idea, IMO. It is very bright and pretty, with a delicate quality to it, which you wouldn't necessarily ascribe to a grapefruit-forward scent, but there's a translucent quality which I really enjoy, and the freesia is just the right kind and amount for my nose. And the tangy quality hangs in there for quite a while, providing that uplifting vibe.

• 3 weeks later...

After discovering that I can wear some grapefruit scents (shout-out to Solar Plexus!) I decided to give this one a try. When I first put this on, the grapefruit was SCREAMING at me. I panicked but then remembered reading that it would mellow out. Within 5-10 minutes the grapefruit did mellow out and fell into the background. OMG this is pretty! I do love freesia and that with the passion fruit make this such a beautiful sunshine day scent. The grapefruit keeps it bright and light. This is perfect for transportation yourself to a tropical paradise and would be perfect for cold, dark, cold, winter days. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Omg this is soooo good! It reminds me so much of a citrusy version of Girly Twirly! I usually can't do grapefruit, but this floral grapefruit concoction is doing beautiful things with my chemistry. It's a very clean, fresh, happy, dance, love life kind of scent!

• 4 weeks later...

This is like candy! ? I want to lick it off my skin! Oh! A sweet grapefruit girly drink!! ? Yum!!!

On me, this is syrupy sweet grapefruit. If the freesia or passion fruit is in there, my brain is just reading them as candy. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Wore this today with scented cougar. Amazeballs. So I snagged me another bottle on Etsy. Genius move. I think I never reviewed it because I was only going to get to buy one bottle if anyone knew how amazing this is. Lately all the Valentines scents were smelling light and faded on my dry winter skin . This is so bright and sunny and I can smell it for hours. Awesome job.

Yeah I'm bummed, I really would have liked a bottle of this one; but as we all know...ya snooze ya lose!

Me three. But, I have so many bottles. I really trying to use what I have. But, the PE'S are always so great! :)

Yeah I'm bummed, I really would have liked a bottle of this one; but as we all know...ya snooze ya lose!

So true! :Emoticons04263:

Me three. But, I have so many bottles. I really trying to use what I have. But, the PE'S are always so great! :)

I know.... along with NRs..... and the bath stuff..... lol, not enough time, money or body parts on which to use all that I would like to!

Gosh, maybe I can learn how to decant the bottle and share. I have never done that but happy to spread the sunshine.

Oh, no, Lisa, revel in your find! I remember the first time Mara did one of these Etsy updates and I snagged Lisa's Lady Lavender and Victoria's Buttercream Rose, both of which had sold out super fast as PEs.... it's all part of the joy and glory and the wild ride that is LP! :-)

That's kind of you to offer Lisa, but I'm with Jen - just enjoy it! I've hoarded more than my fair share of PEs in the past, it's all good. :D

That's kind of you to offer Lisa, but I'm with Jen - just enjoy it! I've hoarded more than my fair share of PEs in the past, it's all good. :D

Yes.

Oh, no, Lisa, revel in your find! I remember the first time Mara did one of these Etsy updates and I snagged Lisa's Lady Lavender and Victoria's Buttercream Rose, both of which had sold out super fast as PEs.... it's all part of the joy and glory and the wild ride that is LP! :-)

& YES.