Chakra Oils: Root

Beccah

AD-Chakra7Root.jpg

Chakra: Root

The Root Chakra grounds us in the material world, reminding us to center ourselves in the primary force of our existence, with courage and honesty towards our fellow human beings. This Chakra Oil is a passionate fiery Red vibration, lending us energy for the enjoyment of life and appreciation of all we experience.

Thick aged patchouli and spicy ginger EO over a base of soft non-foody vanilla.

• 3 weeks later...

My fellow patchouli lovers: this is so good.

I love Mara's collection of aged patchouli and this one (or plural, if she used more than one) is beautiful, the base compliments it perfectly. Ginger is a good spice note to use with patchouli because it lends a zing! but is tempered by the patchouli, not too sharp or hot. I just want to breathe it in for hours and enjoy the sensuality of it, which is a perfect consideration for this chakra.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I wonder why the patch isn't gnawing my skin off? Maybe because this isn't virgin patch. This patchouli smells like it has experience. It's smooth, sensual, and comes in waves of glory. Usually younger patch tends to be too eager and laps at me like water then overstays its welcome. This though.. it's a total scentgasm. The ginger is smooth and blends very well like I would drink tea like this with creamy milk. It's soothing and sensual. I'm blown away by how sexy this is actually. Sexy, nourishing, and comforting.

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this today to work. You guys, this is amazing. Like it smells masculine but sexy masculine, like I rolled around in bed all night and I woke up late. I feel good wearing this too. Like I don't give a fuck - I am Root Chakra. This might be amazing with LFM/LFN for work, and I think it would do some serious damage with SS4W. This is totally unisex too!

LadyVictoria I love the way you describe scents! ? This one is going on my list for next month. Also the root chakra is the chakra for prosperity. I do Energy work and we focus on making our root chakras bigger to bring $$$ since Patch is a great money herb this sounds like an awesome mix. Definitely on my list maybe for next month.

Dang this is one sexy scent. The ginger & patchouli amplify each other, melding into an earthy sweet scent. The vanilla is subtle in the background sweetening things up, just so.

• 1 year later...

I am surprised I never reviewed this when I first got it because I really liked it then. I wish I would have so I could read exactly what I thought about it at that time. I think this one has aged really well as well because OMG THIS IS AMAZING! I cannot stop sniffing my wrists. It's very sensual and has this depth to it that is difficult for me to describe, probably because it seems so complex for how simple it seems like it should be. This is a smooth patchouli that isn't pointy in the least bit. Some patch I cannot wear and some I can. This is one I would wear every single day. When I first put it on this morning I didn't know what the ingredients were (because I had forgotten) and I briefly thought the ginger was cinnamon, though I figured out quickly it was not. I couldn't identify it as ginger though until I read the ingredients. It lends this spicy note but blends in really nicely with the patch and vanilla. It's such a beautiful scent!!!

• 1 month later...

I wore this to bed the other night because I thought it smelled comforting. And then looked up the notes in the morning. And discovered that it has patchouli! I thought I hated patchouli...what is this sorcery!? I really like this! For me it makes me feel like I should be spending long days in a magical bookstore, getting my tea leaves read and learning about magical things...I have no idea why or where that came from. 

• 2 years later...

I love this so much!! Smooooth, sensual, deep, and oh so comforting. It's overcast here and chilly in the house and distinctly un-summerlike - this is the perfect accompaniment to my morning tea and attempts to get cozy. It's putting me in a really great mood.  I LOVE patch, but even if you don't, I think this patch is rounder and deeper than most, almost creamy in its feel and really grounding (duh, root chakra). I imagine this has already aged well and will only continue to do so. This is going to get a lot of wear come fall.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I’m prob only person around here (or anywhere else) that doesn’t have a strong opinion regarding patchouli, except I do have one regarding this particular patch blend, I FN love it! I keep reaching for the same sweatshirt (3x, don’t worry I haven’t done any heavy lifting in it) because I can smell the Chakra Root Oil on the cuffs. It feels grounding and must be any patchouli lovers dream come true. 
I might look into seeing if there’s some of this left in the store, budget depending on what I need from the goodies arriving soon!