Elementals: Earth

Beccah

AD-ElementalsEarth.jpg

Elementals: Earth

Steady and sturdy, reliable and down to earth...the Earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn can be depended upon to provide stability and practicality. Rooted within the element of Earth, one is focused and productive, responsible, providing a foundation for all which can be created. Enjoy the scent of rich loamy earth and growing things, and develop your attunement with the physical world, grounding yourself with our Earth elemental oil.

Scent: Rich earth and young fresh-cut stems on a base of soft powdery musky vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

This one starts out with a really juicy green-stem impression, but eventually it evolves into a faintly sweet earth note, I can't stop sniffing! It smells like going out into the garden and sitting there as the sun warms it up, all the impressions you can get from such an experience. It does have a anchoring feel to it as you would expect, like my toes ache to bury themselves into some soil. It's very calming.

• 1 month later...

First applied this was pure earth and sugar. The longer it wears, the stem notes give a very lush and green feel to it. The scent really has a grounding effect. Its bringing me happy feels and recaptures the scent of gardening in damp earth or being out in the garden after it rains in the summer. I wouldn't wear this as a perfume.. but a quick application to smell when I'm feeling stressed would probably bring back a nice calming feeling.

• 4 months later...

So I was so worried about this one because when I first smelled it, it smelled like dirt. I was worried that if I wore it, I would smell like I spent my day plowing fields on a farm. Not really something that I would want in a perfume. But the other day, I realized just how many perfumes I have (and LOVE) that have earth as a note, and that I do absolutely love the other three Elementals, so I knew I really needed to try this.

When I first applied it, it was all earth, sweetness, and stems but it mellowed out very quickly. It turned into this gorgeous skin musky sweet earthy scent that I cannot stop smelling! OMG this is beautiful! FYI - I DO NOT smell like I was farming all day. It's fresh, earthy, and like I've spent the day in the perfect garden. Luna, your review is basically how I feel about this one too. I feel like I need to bury my feet in the earth. This is funny though. I keep seeing Morticia Addams in her conservatory with her rose bushes, you know, the ones that she trims off the "horrible" blooms off of? I think this is how Morticia must smell when she gardens.

Edited by tink333