Elementals: Water

Beccah

AD-ElementalsWater.jpg

Elementals: Water

To ebb and flow with the tide, and ably ride the waves of emotion...those born under a water sign - Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces - are thought to be naturally empathic and masters at reading the moods and emotions of others, able to go with the flow or influence trends. For those who wish to submerge themselves in the fathoms of the psyche and explore the complex inner world, take the plunge with our aquatic Water elemental blend and discover your depths!

Scent: Bladderwrack, sea salt, cucumber, eucalyptus and honeydew on a base of soft powdery musky vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

For all you melon lovers, this is quite spectacular! It's juicy but the other notes keep it from being too sweet. Eucalyptus can sometimes be a bit iffy on me, but here it is keeping well in the background and providing just the tiniest bit of zing. This is fresh, breezy, absolutely lovely for spring and summer (or to bring a taste of those seasons in the dead of winter). Initially it feels quite simple -- beautiful melon, which is not to be sneezed at! -- but in the longer drydown the complexity begins to reveal itself.

I love the juicy bright melon note this one starts out with. Over time the other notes sort of flow into it, and so it becomes more of an ocean vibe, but it never gets too marine-like. The freshness is a consistent quality, it continues to feel cool and blue-green. Even as I'm not that much of a fan of aquatic scents, this one does definitely resonate with me (as a Water sign).

• 2 weeks later...

First impression was all bladderwickitywack, it did scare me because it smelled a bit like old water in the sea, however after 3 seconds, something really lovely happened on my wrist. I smell like a freshly birthed baby mermaid!! It's beautiful! If New were born in the sea- this is what you would get. There is something very comforting, fresh, and beautiful about this! The powdery vanilla is in full bloom and wrapping itself around the baby cucumber that is crying salt tears because she was hungry after we bathed her in honeydew bubbles and dried her with eucalyptus tufts. Soooo pretty!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I want to start by saying I was actually a little nervous about this amping on me and stabbing my third eyeball. Scents like this one can be amazing for me or give my head pain. Once I finally tried it, I wore it three straight days in a row! Like BC said, it starts out very simple. It's very watery in the beginning. Just beautiful! As is drys down, it definitely becomes so much more complex. It's so similar to Air and Fire that way. I thought each one would be this simple element scent but they evolve into such beautiful perfumes. When I've worn this one, I felt like I was surrounded by this ever flowing water with such a strong feminine feeling. I wish I could explain that more but I don't know how else to explain it. I can't say this made me think baby mermaid, but it's pretty amazing! Now I need to try Earth.

I want to start by saying I was actually a little nervous about this amping on me and stabbing my third eyeball. Scents like this one can be amazing for me or give my head pain. Once I finally tried it, I wore it three straight days in a row! Like BC said, it starts out very simple. It's very watery in the beginning. Just beautiful! As is drys down, it definitely becomes so much more complex. It's so similar to Air and Fire that way. I thought each one would be this simple element scent but they evolve into such beautiful perfumes. When I've worn this one, I felt like I was surrounded by this ever flowing water with such a strong feminine feeling. I wish I could explain that more but I don't know how else to explain it. I can't say this made me think baby mermaid, but it's pretty amazing! Now I need to try Earth.

No baby mermaid smell? :buried-in-sand:

I get the baby mermaid vibe.. I smell salty cucumber melons. In a totally good way! Very fresh, almost crisp and not that overly sweet cucumber-melon that we all know. This would be a really nice refreshing scent to wear when the weather warms up.