Something Voodoo this way comes

Something Voodoo This Way Comes smells like the perfect blend of Orris, peach and Lavendar. I would only be able to pick out the peach and orris if i had to though. The vanilla is not pronounced, but seems to provide the framework for the other ingredients to shine. I cannot quit huffing this one. My mouth waters every time i take a whiff of this. It is VERY different, but lovely. There would be no one at the party or the office that smelled anything like this. It is unique and feminine and very sexy!

Great review therapygirl, I decided to purchase a large bottle of this because I knew it would be worth it. I can't wait to receive mine. I'm due to pick up my package at the post office later today.

Oh no!!! now you're making me want this one!!! *must resist temptation*!

Edited by esmeralda

Yeah this one caught my attention big time ! waiting for July sampler but I think this may be a full sz buy as well. Nice review TG !

liz :P

My samples arrived yesterday so, of course, I had to sniff all of them before I tried any on. When I came to this I wasn't expecting anything magical - boy was I wrong! First sniff was something woody/rooty (Orris, I think) followed by peach. And more peach. Then something at the end that - how can I put this? - made the peach turn in on itself instead of letting it flow like a teenage girl peachy perfume. This is sophisticated peach. I didn't smell the lavender, but I still need to skin test it.

I was planning on wearing it to work today, but BF was asleep right next to the box and I didn't have the heart to wake him up! Hmmm..... maybe I should have ;-)

I just ordered a bottle of this, unsniffed, because I just KNOW I am going to adore it.....I cannot wait!!

I just ordered a bottle of this, unsniffed, because I just KNOW I am going to adore it.....I cannot wait!!

I ordered a sample of this with my order and I bet I am going to order a full size with a full size of treasured hearts...boy I can't wait....who was it that said patience is a virtue anyway?, guess he/she never wore LP's LOL

djacquelyn

This one is such a surprise. Very bubbly.

In the bottle: a burst of juicy fruit. Very colorful, fun and exuberant.

On, wet: Still fruity goodness, must be the peach, but it has a very pink cast to it; perhaps the contribution of the florals? My roommate comments that I smell like bubblegum.

On, dry: Still sweet, but this one has gained an unexpected depth, that level of sophistication which other people have mentioned.

This is totally upscale bubblegum, sweet, fruity, and girly, but with a grown up, expensive edge. Like a carnival, done in gilt and rhinestones.

Those of you who have been looking for a pink scent might give this one a whirl.

(Once the website issues have been ironed out, I'll try and update with the actual scent notes.)

I :001_tt2: broke my trial sz btl of this in my :censored: pocket book :666: !!!! Thank goddess I ordered a full sz and at least the bag smells good.

liz :001_tt2:

Edited by liz

Damn Guys, This potion went quick. I just looked at the "Low Stock" section and I was suprized to see "Something Voodoo This Way Comes" was on there since it just came out for July. Thank God I grabbed a big bottle of it before it sold out. It is a very good potion and the scent is strong too. :offtopic:

Edited by AncientGoddess

OMG...this smell fabulous. I am definitely going to get a full bottle for this one. I almost didn't select this as a sample...would have been a huuuuge mistake. It is fabulous...I want I want I want a full bottle, maybe two full bottles...gee I can't wait till

payday hits :D .

djacquelyn

OMG...this smell fabulous. I am definitely going to get a full bottle for this one. I almost didn't select this as a sample...would have been a huuuuge mistake. It is fabulous...I want I want I want a full bottle, maybe two full bottles...gee I can't wait till

payday hits :D .

djacquelyn

This scent is amazing, full, sweet and luxurious. If you think you may want a bottle I reccomend snatching it up quick as they are selling out fast!

OK, well, my nose must be completely different from y'alls, but here goes:

OOB: buttercream and cherry slush

Wet on skin: cherry slush

Dry on skin: less of the strong cherry scent, less sugar, and peach is coming thru now. It's more sophisticated now without the sugared cherry slush dancing upfront.

Very fruity and pretty and I will definitely use again.

Darbla

YAY! I got my package!! So glad I ordered a bottle of this, even though it was unsniffed......it is beautiful! Wet, I get the buttercream smell with lots of peach. Upon drydown, the vanilla and lavender start coming out. I don't get much in the way of resins (shown in the description), but I think this one will probably deepen with age.

OK, this is interesting......after a couple of hours, this one dries down with the same crisp freshness that anti-piggy has.....hmmmmm......nice ending......

I fell in love with this when I read the desription, even though I do not usually like peach. Your reviews sound so amazing though I can't wait to try it!

You'll like it Daisy......it is truly an intoxicating scent.....

• 2 weeks later...

I like this one more each time I wear it......my honey smelled it for the first time last night.....it wasn't one of his faves, but immediately he said....that's different.....but familiar.....what is that note that I'm smelling? I listed the main notes and he said "PEACH! That's it! " He is so funny....he is getting as into sniffing the scents here as I am.....he is as amazed as I am about the depth, uniqueness, and quality......

He even has his own little shelf in my bedroom, for his "smellies".....he told me to make sure that I don't put any of my perfumes on HIS shelf.....

Edited by Dolly

• 2 months later...

I recently walked into a room while wearing Something Voodoo (the control room of a recording studio where my band member and the engineer were mixing our album, to be exact), and apparently I had slathered on way too much of it because I received the following comments:

"What are you eating?"

"Did you just eat candy, or is it your gum?"

"Do you have a candle in your bag?"

"It smells like cotton candy in here."

• 2 months later...

I'm glad this scent doesn't do it for me, as it's just one less discon fragrance to covet! More than anything, it does have that peach/orris combo vibe going, but that doesn't mean it's pleasant for me. It has a plasticky fruit flavor to it that does mellow out in time, it just takes a LONG time. Not really my thing, although I appreciate the unexpectedness of fruit from a scent with the word "voodoo" in the name, which would otherwise conjure up dark and spicy impressions for me. This will go up on my forthcoming swaps page and I'm sure I can find something I've been searching for in return.

Edited to say that after leaving my sample alone for a long time, I like this better now than I did. Still didn't know voudon was so fruity, tho :D

Edited by Nightlife

I do love this, I really do! :D

My skin really amps the peach, which is not usually a good thing for me. I am normally a floral kind of gal rather than fruity, but this is a different kind of peach, just as you all have mentioned. This is just lovely!

• 2 months later...
I like this one only because it is totally undescribable to me....but smells sooo yummy....

I think it is in the sold out section...though...anyone knows if this one will be rebrewed??

It would be GREAT if it would be rebrewed! This one sold out SOOO fast AND it is a hard one to find on the trading thread!

Have you tried Hotter Than Hell. I find it has a similar creamy peachy goodness. It will give me the fix that I need from Something Voodoo. :)

It would be GREAT if it would be rebrewed! This one sold out SOOO fast AND it is a hard one to find on the trading thread!

Have you tried Hotter Than Hell. I find it has a similar creamy peachy goodness. It will give me the fix that I need from Something Voodoo. :)

You just can't help rubbing it in, can you? :)

YES, YES I have tried them both but for some reason Hotter than Hell was not working for me...but Something Voodoo this way comes was totally me...

It's so tough to find this one on the threads...I do not think I saw anyone who even has any ....if they did I doubt they would want to trade...hehe...

So, I am hoping M&D do rebrew this one!!!

I'd order a bottle....even if I myself do prefer samples.....

Hmm maybe my skin just really amps peach. I hope Jo Anna likes hotter than hell and the peach in it....

I have seen the occasional something voodoo sample on the trading post, but that is about it.

• 2 weeks later...

As the lovely Liz was kind enough to gift me with a sample...

This is very peachy at first, much more than I would have expected. Like the peach juice of Kittenish, but times ten. In the drydown the orris and resins add a nice grounding aura, so the sweetness is still there, but tempered by the other elements...it has a very smooth golden kind of feel to it. I can see why it was so popular!

• 11 months later...

As with Body Paint, the unexpected combination of elements (here peach, lavender and vanilla) is something I wouldn't have thought of in a million years but just love. Somehow the blend comes off as very sophisticated. The vanilla is a pretty chill one, not a rich foody ice-creamy one. ITA with therapygirl that it feels like it is what makes everything work together. The peach throws more than the other notes on me, so that's all I get when my face is normal distance from my arm...but the blended combo is so yum that I am trying to type with my nose against my arm.