Kizz Me

Beccah

AD-PE-KizzMe.jpg

his perfume while totally different, has a similar vibe to the one above, as it's a delicious but sophisticated floral. (I love them both!) Here's Michelle's description:

The notes I want are dark chocolate, raspberry, black orchid and honey. I want to evoke a feeling of a deep, sensual connection like a long drawn out kiss or an intimate slow dance where two people are lost in the moment with the music and each other. I would like to name it Kizz Me. It's a bit of a play on words, but named after a dance that I have been learning over the last couple of years. Kizomba, an African dance characterized by close partner connection and smooth, grounded movement, often referred to as African Tango. The dance originated from Angola and the music is sung in Portuguese.
Ingredients very much as Michelle described: Darkest chocolate, black orchid, black raspberry, dark sexy honey, and I laid these strong ingredients on a bed of non-foody vanilla. Wonderful!

Dear Chelle, I'm so excited for you that you have finally ordered your first PE. Yes FIRST because you will create more. This has been a long time in the making and I can't wait to try it! I know what your sugared mix of this smells like and it's pretty fantastic so yeah, this one is going to be incredible! Enjoy your first PE! Thanks for getting me a bottle as well! Can't wait to try it on Friday! ❤❤❤

This scent captures exactly what I had envisioned and turned out better than I imagined, so thank you Mara! I LOVE IT!! I have been plotting this one for a long time and I'm so glad that I finally went for it. I have been wearing it every day since it arrived and I can't get enough :-)

It is dark, sensual and sophisticated...and a little badass. It wears close to the skin like a secret weapon. The black orchid is the star note, beautiful and mysterious. The chocolate gives it an earthy elegance that balances out the floral. The raspberry and honey add a touch of sweetness but stay in the background. It is so well blended, I could not pick out either of those individually. However, they are more prominent in the spray version. As it dries down, the vanilla and orchid linger as a soft, powdery impression. Fabulous!!

Tonight I will be wearing it out salsa dancing, boosted with Gotcha! :-)

This scent captures exactly what I had envisioned and turned out better than I imagined, so thank you Mara! I LOVE IT!! I have been plotting this one for a long time and I'm so glad that I finally went for it. I have been wearing it every day since it arrived and I can't get enough :-)

It is dark, sensual and sophisticated...and a little badass. It wears close to the skin like a secret weapon. The black orchid is the star note, beautiful and mysterious. The chocolate gives it an earthy elegance that balances out the floral. The raspberry and honey add a touch of sweetness but stay in the background. It is so well blended, I could not pick out either of those individually. However, they are more prominent in the spray version. As it dries down, the vanilla and orchid linger as a soft, powdery impression. Fabulous!!

Tonight I will be wearing it out salsa dancing, boosted with Gotcha! :-)

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to try this. ❤❤❤

What I mainly get out of this is the black orchid, which is just THE BEST, with the sweet notes providing complimentary accents but very fleeting. I think anyone who missed Crayons: Carbon Black and really wanted it should buy this one, it has the same spirit as the other, IMO.

I am very grateful (and lucky!) to have been gifted a full bottle of this from Chelle last night. We've known each other since we were itty-bitties and we're like sisters. I know very well how long she have been working on this concept and has put so much thought and heart into it. I've even received tiny samples of what she created herself. ❤❤❤

This is BEAUTIFUL and definitely a very sophisticated perfume! In the beginning, the black orchid is the shining star but it's so well grounded by the honey and dark chocolate. The raspberry gives this a very deep dark pink/red vibe but it's so subtle.

The dark chocolate is always subtle and keeps this dark and grounded, like a resin would, but it's not a resin scent AT ALL. I could see this scent in layers; the orchid on top, the honey with raspberry swirls in the middle holding the orchid to the dark chocolate at the bottom. It stays closer to the skin. The best part is the dry down. That's when the orchid has settled into the rest and it's this incredibly sexy and sensuous blend of everything with honey on your skin. It's not even remotely smutty, just sexy as hell! ❤❤❤

ETA: I forgot to mention that I kept getting an impression that this scent hums in a woman's voice.

Edited by tink333

• 1 month later...

The chocolate and raspberry of this reminds me a lot of Halloween's Howl.

I also get a lot of orchid from this one, mixed with honey and swirls of raspberry and chocolate. I'm surprised that it wears close to the skin for others - it seems to throw quite a bit for me, at least I can catch a lot of whiffs of this when I tested it on my wrist. I'm also a bit sensitive to honey though, so that might be why.

• 5 months later...

I purchased this from Etsy thinking since I like Cocoa Amor that this would be right up my alley. However, they are wearing nothing alike on me. Cocoa Amor is much more foodie on me than this, but in the bottle Kizz Me was all dark chocolate and some off smelling sweetness (the honey and raspberry no doubt) and I didn't very much care for it and thought, "Oh no, what am I going to do with a full bottle of this?"

WELL! It's completely different on my skin. The orchid is the star. Neither the honey nor raspberry make it foodie and the chocolate isn't at all how it is in the bottle, very understated, almost like it's adding a bitterness to tone down the sweet of the raspberry and honey resulting in a perfect, rich floral fragrance.

This is wearing close to the skin for me but I've been huffing my arms since application :lol: I was worried I had made a mistake in ordering a bottle unsniffed but I see now that this is going to be a favorite!

• 2 years later...

The first notes are floral and an almost bitter chocolate. I don't smell smoke, but it reminds me of smoke. Like a crackling fire in the background of a romantic evening. It has a lot of throw and is more of a fall or winter scent. This is a mature, serious fragrance and I mean that in the best way. After about thirty minutes, the notes seem to almost separate. They become more distinct, while both remaining present. Instead of creating one scent, they weave in and out of each other, dancing together like the name. And, then, just as the orchid dies, the honey comes out, beginning a new dance, all its own.