In the Lap of the Queen

therapygirl

I immediately smell the cedar when I whiff this one. The ginger and carnation lend an aromatic feel that is fresh and clean. The only other note I can pick out is a faint brush of lily. As it dries, I can detect the sweetness of amber and a grounding of myrrh.This one is different, and sexy. Kind of reminds me of Miasma with Spanish Gold layered over it! I am really struggling with my reviews, as I am not good at picking out single notes, but I am really trying to focus because I want to be helpful.

If lily is the only note in this fragrance that I know does not work on me, try it or skip it?

I believe that "lily" is actually a non existant scent and that many people make lily accords. Unless you know the origin of the lily scent that doesn't work for you, and you know that a new scent uses the same accord from the same source, I would say don't rule it out.

Then again, I'm a big fan of trying things, now that I've had so many experiences of falling in love with scents that I first thought would never work for me in a million years.

Okay, time to spend time with this one and do a proper review. :-)

This potion was crafted with this concept in mind. It is a power potion of the highest order - made to balance aggressive and receptive energies, male and female sensibilites; draws awe and respect, prosperity and power - but tempers this with wisdom, compassion and balance. Ingredients: Fig, Heather, Sunflower, Cedar, Ginger, Carnation, Lily, Amber, Frank & Mhyrr.

In the bottle: I get a bit of creamy fig, and a lot of something bright that smells almost herbal. Perhaps it is the cedar playing with the carnation, frankincense and mhyrr.

On, wet: The sharp, herbal scent takes over on my skin, in a way which reminds me of Sandman Snoozeth. It is almost frustrating because I keep getting the subtle hints of creamy fig in the background, but it can't compete.

Drydown: I am soooo glad I waited through the sharp bit. (On Sandman, it never went away, so I almost didn't bother.) The bright cedar settles in, never disappearing, but softening enough that the other notes can come out and play. First, that creamy fig (like in Portunis) dances up, and then an etherial waft of delicate floral spins through. I could swear it was lilac, but it must be the heather and lily. It is so gentle that I really have trouble picking it out from the other notes, and yet... it is completely separate, a twirling ribbon of pale lavender .

This is the scent of Memory. Not any specific memory, but Memory, as a concept and as all memories should be. It is sweet milk, sunshine, wooden chairs sat upon so often that they have become silky to the touch, and flowering trees alive with fat, happy bees, but all viewed through the lens of wisdom refinement. Almost wistful, that's what this scent is.

ETA: There's even something almost beachy in the drydown, like sunscreen. But I have no idea where this comes from, as it isn't coconut.

Edited by scourger

"The only other note I can pick out is a faint brush of lily."

If lily is the only note in this fragrance that I know does not work on me, try it or skip it?

Oh, absolutely try it......there are so many notes that I could never wear.....until I came here, that is! I am so in agreement with scourger that, unless you know that M & D use the same manufacturer's ingredient that disagreed with you, give it a try.....

Okay, time to spend time with this one and do a proper review. :-)

On, wet: The sharp, herbal scent takes over on my skin, in a way which reminds me of Sandman Snoozeth. It is almost frustrating because I keep getting the subtle hints of creamy fig in the background, but it can't compete.

Drydown: I am soooo glad I waited through the sharp bit. (On Sandman, it never went away, so I almost didn't bother.) The bright cedar settles in, never disappearing, but softening enough that the other notes can come out and play. First, that creamy fig (like in Portunis) dances up, and then an etherial waft of delicate floral spins through. I could swear it was lilac, but it must be the heather and lily. It is so gentle that I really have trouble picking it out from the other notes, and yet... it is completely separate, a twirling ribbon of pale lavender .

How Long does the sharp note last?

Edited by Babydials

How Long does the sharp note last?

about fifteen or twenty minutes on me - rough guesstimate based on my commute; it was gone by the time I hit work. Yeah, I'm sure the other drivers think I'm crazy as I drive around with one arm glued to my nose.

about fifteen or twenty minutes on me - rough guesstimate based on my commute; it was gone by the time I hit work. Yeah, I'm sure the other drivers think I'm crazy as I drive around with one arm glued to my nose.

Dude, that's so ME! I try to hold myself back at stoplights but....003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif sometimes I smell TOO good!

Ok. This was my Thursday After Work sample scent. I decided to test my sample of this today and I'm glad I did. For some reason I thought there was lavender in this ("hey, wow, that's a really gentle lavender..." :001_tt2: ). But now that I read the ingredients, it must be the heather/sunflower combo that comes out on me. The fig adds sweetnes. All the other scents just bolster the gentle flowers & fig. The ginger & carnation adds a touch of spice - but not loud spice. I never got the resins or cedar.

This is vying for first place in my July arsenal of perfumes..... It's a very soft summer scent. I may need a bottle.

Edited by court jester

Wet: a cool, powdery herbal to my nose. I get the fig here too.

Dry: creamy fig and florals, as has been mentioned by others, and very 'clean' smelling. Not a lot of sillage; more a close-to-the-skin scent but that's exactly what you want sometimes. It makes me think of an expensive designer perfume, only better!

Edited by Darbla

• 2 weeks later...

This one was a bit odd on me. The first 10 minutes I could not smell it unless I put my nose straight up to it. The for the next 20 minutes it was light and kind of leafy. After that the amber and ginger got together and stayed. Not bad on me, but not bottle worthy either.

• 1 month later...

This scent gives me the impression the sea. Maybe because of the mix in total or perhaps because of the fig and heather. The floral notes are the last to come in. I agree that this does smell like an expensive designer scent and that is a close to the skin scent. It is one of the lovliest scent of Love Potions I have smelled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I call this clean green, this was a fresh clean green scent, i love it, definitely worth a bottle purchase, i did not get the cedar and fig like everyone else, i got green - love it

• 10 months later...