La BOOM!

therapygirl

I'm a bad one to write a review for a scent with chocolate because it doesn't tend to smell nice on me. The exception was Pherogirl Dominance, because my skin amped the rose and the chocolate would fade to rose. I get chocolate with a hint of raspberry underneath. It does smell true to a chocolate covered raspberry. If you're a chocolate girl, this one is for you!

I like this one a lot, it smells to me exactly like the dark choco raspberry fancy m&ms, I bet this is wonderful upon dry down as that's just my initial mmmm right out the vial sniff.

Wait, what? Somewhere there exists dark choco raspberry fancy m&ms? Now I have to hunt them down before trying my La Boom! sample (that's the only reason, of course :) )

lol I just tried them recenrtly, teh m&ms I mean, my mom brought some home from the supermarket that they were giving out to samples, they're all shimmery on the outside instead of a hard shell! there's mint ones too, the reapsberry wones i tested had peanouts intehm though, nto sure if they all do... they were good though

I read that they are expensive though...

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

interesting! :) ...lol! I'm not a fan of chocolate-fruity m&m candies, but we'll see :)

Edited by esmeralda

I wore La Boom today..... and here in CT, they sell/sold a pkg of the choco/rspbry MM's every where, I love raspberry anything, I bought the WHOLE box, ate them in a weekend ( befor anti piggy) :) .

I got my bottle of this one today (Thank you mara for the pheros!!! I love you, and if I had the chance I would squeeze/hug you to death, but then I don't want to kill you lol)

Took a sniff from the vial and I smell raspberries dipped in melting dark chocolate chocolate.

On skin: I get more of the raspberries (which is what I wanted) and rich gourmand dark chocolate pastry (yum!!!). The cream is there but I can't put my finger on it, it blends well.

Added: Dang the wonderful raspberries turns into playdough on my skin after a few hours...hmm...I'll figure something out!

Edited by esmeralda

Scandalously rich French Raspberries, drowning in decadent chocolate and crème chaude.

In the bottle: Red berries and creamy cocoa butter.

On, wet: To me, this is more of a white chocolate scent, with bouyant raspberries on top.

Drydown: After fifteen minutes or so, the raspberries turn momentarily noxious, like rubbing alcohol, (or maybe this is the playdough that esmeralda notes,) and then seemed to disappear, leaving a low, creamy, white chocolate behind. Pleasant, but disappointing.

Wait! There's more. Half an hour after that, I was moving around, and suddenly got another waft of raspberry. Where did that come from? Oh, it's me! The raspberry resurfaced, this time mixed in to the white chocolate scent. When I sniff my arm up close, the white chocolate dominates, but from a foot or two away, the raspberries become apparent. Amazing!

The progression of this scent was like someone mixing up an elaborate confection. They throw fresh raspberries on top of melted white chocolate, then start to mix. For a moment, the chocolate is folded over the raspberries, and it is as if they are gone, but in a little while, the mix turns pink, and the now warmed rasberries are incorporated into the chocolate.

Despite the fact that cream, chocolate and raspberries are food items, there is something perfumey about this scent as well, which elevates it from a decadent dessert to a sophisticated scent. Really lovely!

I have a bottle of this coming from a trade (it is boosted with Blatant Invitation), and I can't wait to try it.....I enjoy foody scents once in a while, and since I love raspberries, this may be a good one for me.....

That reminds me of what BFF did on me, it is absolutely delicious wet, but as it dried it went funky for a while, but then it returned to vague yumminess. Maybe there's something about chocolate and fruit which takes a while to resolve correctly.

Well, I got this one (boosted with Blatant Invitation) in trade, and it is definitely NOT what I expected (in a good way). I expected it to be quite foody, and although I am not a big fan of foody scents (my man really doesn't like them either), I love raspberries, so I was hoping it would make for a nice change-up scent for those occassions when I want something a little different.

Well, I tried it and got what I expected at first, raspberries and chocolate. OK, nice.....different......I get the same thing that scourger gets after drydown.....the chocolate comes to the forefront and the raspberry just pokes through every now and then. Very nice.....

I also agree that this is not an overly foody smelling scent.....there is quite a "purfumey" feel to it......I like! My man really likes it too.....

Well, I got this one (boosted with Blatant Invitation) in trade, and it is definitely NOT what I expected (in a good way). I expected it to be quite foody, and although I am not a big fan of foody scents (my man really doesn't like them either), I love raspberries, so I was hoping it would make for a nice change-up scent for those occassions when I want something a little different.

Well, I tried it and got what I expected at first, raspberries and chocolate. OK, nice.....different......I get the same thing that scourger gets after drydown.....the chocolate comes to the forefront and the raspberry just pokes through every now and then. Very nice.....

I also agree that this is not an overly foody smelling scent.....there is quite a "purfumey" feel to it......I like! My man really likes it too.....

Aww! I'm glad it works with your skin chemistry!

Aww! I'm glad it works with your skin chemistry!

Thanks for trading with me, Esme......

• 3 months later...

:c38-0022:

I just tried La Boom and Zigeunerwein

La Boom - love it, in the bottle it smells like sweet chocolate, on it goes from fresh chocolate, to milk chocolate, to bittersweet chocolate to dark chocolate, the rasperry is very light and not too discernable - but it keeps the creamy chocalate floating in and out of different versions of chocolate, definitely for chocolate lovers [a good chocolate smell without smelling like a candy bar]

Zigeunerwein - in the bottle it smelled like fresh stomped grapes, real strong wine smell, on the wine smell intensified and i smelled like a wino, then the undertones of dirt (not earth but dirt) came in and i smelled like a dirty wino, not for me, very strong alcoholic smell

• 1 month later...

Full disclosure:

I imagined, despite my belief that chocolate/raspberry is one of the OTPs of gourmand perfumery, that I would be prejudiced against this one because IMO the gold standard of chocolate/raspberry is Villianess' Crushed (black raspberry/dark chocolate/sandalwood) and I couldn't possibly imagine anything better.

But I like this one a lot. It's rather light on me, that's my only objection. But it's not too sweet, doesn't go fake on me (except for about five seconds the raspberry does the cough syrup thing), it's a skin scent that I never would have imagined working just that way. But I keep sniffing myself and wanting to snuggle. :J001:

• 9 months later...

La WHOA. This is a luscious true chocolate-covered-raspberry scent like those Godiva raspberry cordials I adore, and I get that there's something mysterious underneath that's seriously amping up the sexy factor. There's really nothing else to say because this is just pure sexy-foody at its finest. :)

This one was popular with one of my exes, because it smelled similar to his favorite candy. Some sort of chocolate-covered jelly bar. Tastes better than it sounds, heh. This perfume was actually a favorite of mine for a while too. Deliciously gooey and rich, but I agree on the perfumey note. It doesn't just smell like you've been eating chocolate-covered raspberries; it smells like you ARE a chocolate covered raspberry :)

This one was popular with one of my exes, because it smelled similar to his favorite candy. Some sort of chocolate-covered jelly bar.

I totally know what you're talking about and I LOVE those things. I refuse to buy them even though I know Trader Joe's has them because once you pop you can't stop. Come to think of it LB really does smell like those! Now I'm going to have to bathe in it every day to control my cravings... :)

• 1 year later...

A LOT OF RASBERRIES! This actually reminds me of Dangerous games... This is a much more subtle version, softer, lighter and not as sweet. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co The chocolate reminds me of cocopops!! :party: INTERESTING.... Think i will have to leave this for awhile and test it again another time :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Edited by bumbob