Friends & Lovers w/ Treasured Hearts (Spray)

AD-FriendsandLovers-SM.jpg

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism

Oh, wow, I do love me some lavender marshmallow, but sometimes it can be too sugary sweet for me. This is just fantabulous! The amber and sandalwood give it a dense chewy texture, and the anise adds just the right little bite. Seriously delish! And so, so congruent w/H&S! I thought nothing could be better than my Marsha Mellow boosted w/H&S, but this may rival it.

ETA: D'oh! Didn't realize this was TH, not H&S. Still wonderfully congruent.

Edited by Black Cat

Another reason my life is better since getting the Sampler every month. On paper this should be my hands down favorite of the month. It's not. It's not for me at all in fact. I can't even understand what's going on with these notes honestly which is not a feeling I'm familiar with. My best guess is that the anise and the sandalwood are mingling together to make what to my nose is no bueno. I'm sad about that bit with as many other new releases this month I'm sure I'll find other Perfumes to love. Off to rinse off.

Somehow I completely missed the lavender in this. When I wore it I kept thinking, "What IS that odd note?" I thought this was going to be super foodie. On me, this is more of an earthy, dusted with sweetness, scent. Earthy isn't the right word. Grounded is better. The lavender, anise and sandalwood give it a soft grounded feel while the marshmallow, sugar and vanilla dust it with sweetness. Like a cocoa dusted truffle (without any cocoa :lol: ) It's balanced superbly in that it is neither one nor the other but altogether lovely. The lavender isn't astringent in any way. It isn't as forward as in Beautiful Dreamer or scented BB. I had to look at the notes to realize what "the peculiar" note was that I was smelling (and it could be entirely because I'm not familiar with all the facets of lavender). Not the foodie confection I was expecting but VERY happy with my FB purchase none the less! ^_^

I like the lavender-marshmallow thing in the beginning, but that quality doesn't last very long on me at all. What I get out of this one overall is a very soft "white" kind of fragrance, sort of akin to Cuddle Musk but definitely more on the side of powdery/creamy. It ends up smelling almost baby powder-like on me, actually. I could see layering this with something complimentary for a social gathering, for example, since F&L isn't a strong scent on me.

• 1 month later...

I really do love this, but as mentioned above, it just doesn't last on me :(

Wet, I get the lavender and the marshmallow, but drydown is just a soft, sweet scent. I love anise, but I don't get much of it here.

• 3 weeks later...

The marshmallow and lavender combination in Friends and Lovers reminds me of Aurora. This perfume however is darker with that touch of chewy anise and earthy sandalwood. It is sweet and warm, very comforting. I just wish the scent lasted longer on me.

The marshmallow and lavender combination in Friends and Lovers reminds me of Aurora. This perfume however is darker with that touch of chewy anise and earthy sandalwood. It is sweet and warm, very comforting. I just wish the scent lasted longer on me.

This reminds me of Aurora too. I wish I had this in oil form as well.

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2017 at 10:02 AM, halo0073 said:

Another reason my life is better since getting the Sampler every month. On paper this should be my hands down favorite of the month. It's not. It's not for me at all in fact. I can't even understand what's going on with these notes honestly which is not a feeling I'm familiar with. My best guess is that the anise and the sandalwood are mingling together to make what to my nose is no bueno. I'm sad about that bit with as many other new releases this month I'm sure I'll find other Perfumes to love. Off to rinse off.

Halo did this change for you? Or did you not try it again?

• 3 months later...

It’s been a while since I’ve reviewed anything. But I’m on vacation, and stopped by the LPMP shop (on my sight seeing list), met the Potion Master herself, and picked up my trial vial heavy order. Sniffing a few here and there, love it! But THIS scent I had on for a bit. Stuck in the hotel for the night since my BF is attending his brothers bachelor party/get together. When he left, I started testing and sniffing my goodies, but I slathered on Lovers and Friends on my arms. I love the marshmallow, fresh, scent. It’s a relaxing scent. A few hours later, my BF came in from the bachelor get together in preparation for the next bachelor party event (the other guys were in their room changing), but he jumped in the bed, and was super sweet, kissy, and cuddly, which usually comes in spurts with him, so this seemed unusual. I’ve not kept track lately of the pheros I’ve used on him, but this reaction warrants more testing. I love this scent, and definitely need to test out my other blends with TH. 

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since I've used this; it's so pretty. I took it out today because my (sometimes) difficult cousin is staying with me for a few days and this afternoon she threw one of her tantrums, so I had pull out the old "bitch tamer," as some of you call it :D She had been in the guest room sulking and when she left it to shower, I squirted this a few times the room and also a few times in the hallway just outside. Then I went back into my room.

I heard her emerge a bit later and return to the guest room and shut the door. About an hour later we were both in the kitchen and she was still not talking, but I could tell she was...quiet in a "neutral" sort of way versus giving off the angry vibes. (Assuming she had noticed the scent in the room after her shower, she never brought it up, so presumably she thought I'd just "freshened" the place up for her :P.) 

I've never tried to use LPs on anything other than my person, but I didn't know what else to do when she wanted to be left alone and I couldn't wear it around her to try to get the phero out to her the usual way. I like to think Treasured Hearts helped, because usually when she gets like that, it lasts for a few hours before she comes back down to neutral. 

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 3 weeks later...

This one was a little hard to figure out.  It may have been the circumstances. I wore it around a group of people.  They seemed jovial, but regular.  I am not sure if the phero helped or not.  I think I may try this with cops at some point.

Good story witty kitty.