Open Arms w/ Open Windows

AD-OpenArms-SM.jpg

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
NEROLI ~ Sensuality, love, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

This has a sort of a smooth clean neutrality about it, I think, even as it does strike me as a bit more masculine. A woman could definitely wear it, though, if she prefers a more unisex type of scent. I think the patchouli and the black vanilla steer this a bit more dark, and the citrus aspect is not as bright, there's just a sort of zing! in the background. And because it is a bit more dark - although you could wear it anytime - I think this would actually be a good evening scent for the guys, it's a bit more polished than you would expect for daytime. But the clean aspect maybe comes from the combination of the citrus and the sandalwood, there's that high-end grooming products kind of vibe to it as well.

So guys - if you've been wanting an Open Windows-boosted scent to wear this would be a really nice one to get, it's versatile but will always give you that "nice to be around" smell.

When I first put this on, the citrus/neroli notes are a little strong - a little - but not terribly so. But enough at first I thought this was an ok scent but not a favorite. Then as it dried down it took more of a classic male refreshing, brisk kind of direction, and I thought "Thanks are getting better". But then after it has dried down completely that slightly darker, clean, smooth aspect with just a touch of citrus high note that Luna mentions comes through and suddenly we have scent, gentlemen. A very nice evening scent for sure and maybe even daytime with that touch of lime/neroli on the top. I agree that this is probably more to the masculine side of unisex, but not so masculine women could not wear it.

• 2 months later...

On me, Open Arms begins tart, yet rich and dark. Upon drydown, it becomes soapy, not sharp or too loud, but a nice luxe soap. I actually really like this fragrance after wear when it becomes mostly traces of sandalwood and vanilla on my skin. It's so clean and warm.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This has aged really nicely, or I wasn’t playing close enough attention to it in the past, with Mara making so many sexy man-scents. My overall impression of Open Arms has always been simple, “clean and polished / positive social phero.” It’s deeper and more enticing to me now. Both @luna65 and @quietguy mentioned the possibility of it being for evening wear, I agree. I’d say it’s ideal for the afternoon date that you want to keep going through the evening. It’s hard to tear away once you’re drawn in!