Peace & Calm w/ Balm Bomb

AD-PeaceandCalm-SM.jpg

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
COTTON / COTTON BLOSSOM ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.

Tried this one first because after the craziness of my injury I feel like I could use some peace and calm, and I got great selfies when I tried last year's Balm Bomb.

I don't really smell the milk/butter/cream, but I've only had this on for about half an hour. It's mostly "green" on me, definitely on the more masculine side of unisex, and it's hard to separate out all the plant/leafy notes. I get a fresh linen/laundry scent right now, a little sharpness/interesting note from the basil, but mostly fresh sheets + green.

Tried this one first because after the craziness of my injury I feel like I could use some peace and calm, and I got great selfies when I tried last year's Balm Bomb.

I don't really smell the milk/butter/cream, but I've only had this on for about half an hour. It's mostly "green" on me, definitely on the more masculine side of unisex, and it's hard to separate out all the plant/leafy notes. I get a fresh linen/laundry scent right now, a little sharpness/interesting note from the basil, but mostly fresh sheets + green.

did you shake it? Always shake it. it's probably the eucalyptus and the Birch giving you the green vibe. I get that from those notes and then there's basil. I wonder, if this is similar to HeartsEase? anyone? Edited by StacyK

Actually, MR, your take is pretty accurate. The milk note I used is very clean and linen-like. I was going for, "what do guys find soothing?". So I went with that clean milk/ fresh linen vibe, plus earth and grass and moss and greenery. I was hoping it would feel like a fresh cool breeze of clean air while lying on a crisp freshly made bed. Or like a bed in the middle of a field. :lol:

I think the Balm Bomb + bed combo worked too well! I ended up conking out on the sofa and napped for 2 hours! Would have kept sleeping too if my mom didn't insist on waking me up so I didn't nap into the evening LOL.

This one I wore last week because if I hadn't the bodies would've been piling up. I like that this was very clean smelling but also centering. Usually sandalwood is a note that screams center, or dirt does as well. I like that it made me feel energized, and grounded. I didn't get too much of the cozy comforting feeling I usually get from chamomile, perhaps because I was amping the other notes. I believe teakwood was one of the first to come out then the milk and Buttercream. It was like a bowl of that delicious Thai soup. I forget what it's called but the one that helps with colds. I will probably use my entire sample. Bb is not part of my rotation, mainly because I only think about it when I'm going to bleed. It does the job, I might actually need to play with testing a higher dosage. I get really bad PMS.

The concept of this one made me think about guys wearing sleep scents - I'm sure that when you're getting into bed smelling good it's because you're ready to get busy, but seriously - this is a great sleep scent for a dude because it's so clean and calm. Like. it's not quite my thing for bedtime, but it is calming. At first I get the milk and clean sheets aura, like getting into bed with a glass of warm milk, and then after a while I get the bamboo and the chamomile, mostly. There's more of that Zen garden thing happening. so kind of a spa thing, like one of those ASMR videos where you pretend you're at a luxury spa devoted to making people sleepy.

:onigiri_moon_sleep:

So fellahs, give this a try, I think you would enjoy something that can help you relax either just to unwind or help you sleep. Guys should be able to enjoy Balm Bomb as much as we do!

• 2 weeks later...

This scent is a very soft green on me - almost too soft but not quite. It is actually pretty hard to describe. The green is certainly there as is a soft cotton. But after that I cannot really pull out a note. But it is certainly a good scent. It is also a very "calm" scent - very relaxing. I have slept pretty well the nights I have worn it.

Edited by quietguy

• 4 weeks later...

Tried this sample today. I didn't realize this one was supposed to lean more masculine. It just came off as more herbal to me. At the end of the day, the green notes have burned off & I'm left with a slightly earthy, yet clean scent? I am getting that clean cotton feel, like fresh sheets or clean pajamas....that have a live freshly showered male in them. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Peace and Calm is one of the samples I had been putting off trying because I am not a fan of green scents. I actually found this fragrance quite pleasant to wear. It is green and herbal, but it's on the softer side and has a lovely zesty quality. It is a clean scent, but does not become soapy on me. It lasts on me for hours, leaving traces of creamy earthiness.

• 1 month later...

I found this to be very green and woody with a stems note. It is also very earthy and kind of reminds me of Feed The Flowers which I have a FB of. It’s refreshing to have a green Balm Bomb scent. It starts out as a bright, green, fresh, springy scent that “blossoms” into something complex after about five minutes. A sweet, powdery cotton blossom with bamboo and maybe mosses? It also has the milk/butter/cream note I love so. I also like Mara’s bamboo scents. This blooms into a really beautiful scent. I have Balm Bomb unscented (one of the first pheros I purchased), but it would be nice to have a scented version.