Smooth Operator w/ Heart Throb

AD-SmoothOperator-SM.jpg

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

This is my fave and my bf's fave of the men's collection. It's deep and sweet like Turkish coffee next to a spice. Geez this is soooo sexy! I think of drinking coffee at a table next to a gorgeous man who smells of myrrh and mystery. Ladies, this one is hot!

Geez this is soooo sexy!

It really really is!

For the guys who might have thought Voracious or LP Homme was too sweet on them, this is the one you need to get. It is sooooo gooooood. I think there may be something about the combination of the coffee and the myrrh which makes you think it's sweet, but I would say it's not actually sweet. I would seriously maul a guy wearing this, fer realz.

I have a long dissertation on why coffee musk is one of the Best Ideas Ever but I'll spare you. I think an apt summation would be: what Pashazade was for a tea-based male scent. Smooth Operator is for a coffee-based male scent.

I like this scent but not as much as the ladies above seem to LOVE this scent. But if their reaction is any indication as to how most women feel about this scent, then I need a full bottle or two.

I think Luna give a pretty good description: it seems a little sweet but without being overly sweet. Or maybe not really sweet at all. It is hard to describe. There is a coffee scent in it, but it is not a heavy or overt coffee scent to me. It is more like a coffee note rather than a coffee shop like some coffee scented fragrances go. I think the deep description is also apt - Turkish coffee is one of the few coffees I like and this scent fits right in there.

• 1 year later...

My man wore this tonight, he says it smells like a white floral at the very beginning. I don't get the same thing, but I'm not feeling argumentative, so I just nodded politely. I think maybe it's the myrrh? It smells more green at first than anything "floral" to me. It changes a lot, over the hours, but settles in as a smoky and masculine. Like the reviews above, the coffee isn't like a cup of coffee, maybe a recently green/freshly light roasted coffee bean.