Winter in the Tropics w/ La Femme Mystere

@hedgehog what a great review! Not at all word vomit. Don't be silly.

Five hours of homework? And a job where you need to be sophisticated and glamorous? Your plate seems to be very full.

19 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@hedgehog what a great review! Not at all word vomit. Don't be silly.

Five hours of homework? And a job where you need to be sophisticated and glamorous? Your plate seems to be very full.

It was just a busy day. The five hours of homework are the result of a) going to grad school while working full time and b) INTENSE procrastination...so mostly my own fault. 🙃 Today I have a clay mask on and am kicking back with a chai latte.

I'm a scientist, so I don't ACTUALLY have to be sophisticated and glamorous at work, but the LFM makes me feel like the badass queen of the world and helps me speak up more in male-dominated meetings, while making both men and women friendly. 😊 I think the mixture of the self effects and the general LFM vibe has been really helpful at work. I got called into a project yesterday as an "expert" despite being in my mid twenties and only working here for a year! And the much more senior guy who pulled me in was really apologetic, like, "I know you're really busy, but we needed an expert on <topic> and I thought you would be the perfect person!"  I really like that LFM is confident and badass while still retaining that feminine signature. It projects female power and confidence, which, when paired with high performance, stands out (in a good way!) in male-dominated organizations that aren't super aggressive and testosterone driven. 

4 hours ago, hedgehog said:

got called into a project yesterday as an "expert" despite being in my mid twenties and only working here for a year! And the much more senior guy who pulled me in was really apologetic, like, "I know you're really busy, but we needed an expert on <topic> and I thought you would be the perfect person!"

That is such a spectacular LFM hit! I'm sure you do deserve all that respect, just there is that ever present sexual identity bias. I remember reading about a study of papers written for professors where the only difference on the paper was the name, let's say Jennifer or John. The John's were seen as very capable and the professors all agreed to mentor them, where the Jennifer's were perceived as less competent. Zero difference on papers except their gender identifying name. LFM is great because it lifts us above with the femininity instead of forcing run alongside yelling "look what I can do! Look what I can do!" LFM makes them now you can do whatever you want and they really want to see what happens next. 

Yes, I am great at my job, but the LFM has been key in making sure that people NOTICE that. It's so common for women to do amazing work but get NO recognition, while men get respect for doing the tiniest thing! (Arghh, this makes me so angry. 😠)  The way I see it is: I'm never going to play golf with the boys' club, so LFM helps me even the score a little. 

The paper study is so sad and frustrating.  As is the fact that women need to work harder to get recognized, and even when we succeed we're frequently viewed negatively by both men AND women!  I really hope things change in the next few decades as the generations turn over in the workforce. 

Sources: https://www.jstor.org/stable/27641021?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contentshttps://www.springer.com/gp/about-springer/media/research-news/all-english-research-news/prejudice-against-women-in-power-is-greater-than-we-think/16219244 

• 1 month later...

Today at work, I wore Winter in the Tropics layered with some LP Fraise Citron and just had an incredibly smooth day. I felt like I was gracefully and confidently gliding in and out of meetings and conversations. You know the number in a musical where the main character just kind of parades around the town dancing and saying hi to everyone? Like Belle in Beauty in the Beast when she's singing about being sick of her provincial life? That was me at work today. But I was also super productive, self-assured, felt really great at my job and in love with the world! 

Literally everyone was helpful, everyone was in a great mood, I made a good impression on everyone I met, and wow! Just a great day.  I felt like I had taken some Felix Felicis (Harry Potter reference 😉.)  I'm a pretty big introvert, but I'm going out tonight because today is just too good of a day to waste.

Also, the leaves are turning beautiful colors and there's a slight chill in the air, just enough to be invigorating. I love autumn! I think the effects today were a combination of the LFM, how amazing I smelled, and my great mood. Pheros do a lot but it's incredible what a smile and a happy attitude can do!

7 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Yes, I got the last bottle in the sale! The perfume gods were smiling down on me. 😊 Thanks @Potion Master and @Eastwood22❤️

Yay! 

On 10/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, hedgehog said:

Literally everyone was helpful, everyone was in a great mood, I made a good impression on everyone I met, and wow! Just a great day. 

The best. Perfect congruence of personality and phero. It's you, just more better!