Tiresias

Beccah

AD-Tiresias_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
(BOURBON) FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is sooooooooo nice! Dang I really like this and want to smell it on myself and my fantasy boyfriend at the same time. :666:

(And I guess I'd dab some on Quince too. :P)

You get that warm satiny smoothness of the vanilla-sandalwood thing happening, along with a nice bit of spice and warmth of the tobacco accord. In that way I'm reminded a bit of North Pole (QG I think you will really like this one). I don't really get the bourbon like I normally do (like a smoky-tangyness for example) so I think it's probably just blending with the tobacco. And I think the musk is solidifying/intensifying the effect entire.

So it's the Unisexy effect of being wearable for any occasion, with just a bit of masculine warmth but also a sort of inherent yumminess.

Oh My! This is WONDERFUL!

I would LOVE to smell this on my guy but I'm loving it on me right now! Oh, the sandalwood/vanilla combo! The tobacco note? *Swoons*

What is the musk used in this? I go one way or the other with musk, it either destroys my third eye or it's fantastic. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium and this one works for me ^_^

This is the kind of man scent that I want to cuddle up to. I can see a B2 pairing for bedtime being the bomb when I'm feeling cuddly and don't have Mr Nu's warm body handy.

I don't find it overly masculine, more of a wonderful skin scent. I can't believe it's phero free because I can't stop huffing myself :D

I don't know that I'm picking out the bourbon note, it must be very subtle?

It's such a fantastic fragrance! SO happy I opted for FB...may need another....

Edited by NuTrix

I love this wet and in early drydown stages. It's one of those patented smooth unisex skin scents that Mara does better than anyone else. But after longer drydown the tobacco Amps to an uncomfortable level. It also gets very stabby which could probably be attributed to the sandalwood but since the tobacco is amping it feels like it is from that. I'm positive this is just due to my own wonky chemistry though. I'll likely try again to see if it's mellowed or my chemistry backs the hell up off this goodness.

YET ANOTHER PROOF THAT ONE MUST TRY EVERYTHING ON SKIN!!

By description and in the vial I was NOT interested in this. But I dutifully put it on last night - and in a month packed with beauties, this is the standout to me. It is eyes roll back, FRENCH MUSK level dreamy skin scent. Warm and soothing and purring. It is not even unisex on me - it's quite pretty. No brainer FB

• 1 month later...

Wow, Tiresias is such a smooth blend of rich notes that linger close to the skin for hours. I am really enjoying this fragrance on these cool Winter days, it corresponds with my desire to snuggle up in bed.

I loved "Smoking Bun". Wonder if I added a dab of S. Chocolate Fudge, would i get something comparable?

• 2 weeks later...

Luna is right - I really do like this one. I have been thinking about how to best describe it when a new review of the older scent I was thinking of popped up. This scent made me think of Encens de Cafe for some reason ... a very masculine version of that wonderful scent ... that went in an entirely different direction. Plus this has an incredible longevity - I can put it on after work and still smell it in the next morning. Wonderful scent.

• 1 year later...

I have this on right now, it's amazing, I can't stop huffing myself. I want this and NOT for my man. I was actually thinking Cuddle Bunny phero would pair before I realized it was unisex! Hmmm. If I get a FB, MAYBE I'll share. Maybe. Otherwise, Balm Bomb or B2.what'ev's.

• 4 months later...

Ha!

I finally scored a bottle of Tiresias. I had forgotten that I wanted it for myself, until I just saw my prior review, and I've already given it to my man! Oh well. When he first sniffed it in the bottle, he did ask, "are you sure this is for me?" He's already embraced it though, after wearing it a few times today, and texted me to "come smell him" at work. 

All's that ends well. Ironically I'm wearing the Year One I bought for him and took back because it smells much better on my skin than his.