Shimmering Sands w/ Super Sexy for Women - Summer 2017 Collection

AD-ShimmeringSands.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/521143614/shimmering-sands-w-super-sexy-summer

A thoroughly feminine fantasy of Summer sultriness, but perfect for year-round wear when you want to be extra enticing...a gardenia in full bloom surrounded by smooth sandalwood and white clove with a touch of evening nightshade. Such an elegant fragrance deserves the proven allure of our Super Sexy for Women pheromone blend - pure female magic!

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully magnetic for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

EVENING NIGHTSHADE ~ Beautifying and seductive, but highly dangerous too!

Scent: Sophisticated and lushly sensual, lightly spiced silky sandalwood kissed by blossoms of gardenia.

Perfumes by Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. I was kind of expecting something different, from the notes. But this one is perfect for summer nights! It has this feeling to it that I always associate with my older sister. She's 13 years older than me, and when I would put on her perfumes when I was younger, I always felt so grownup, lol. But this isn't old lady gardenia. This is gardenia in a sexy sundress, lounging out on the back patio at a party, sipping on a Manhattan.

I can definitely get the sandalwood and the gardenia. A little of the clove. I don't know what nightshade smells like though, lol. I will definitely be wearing this for our trip to Napa later this month!

This is very sophisticated (aka I AM A GROWN-UP LADY), which is something easy to ascribe to gardenia, of course. Like Bella, I am reminded of that time of being young and smelling/dabbing a fragrance which is so womanly and worldly and for me it was my gram's White Shoulders (I think I've told that story before). The gardenia is a perfect heartnote for that kind of evocation. The white clove is a really interesting note in this one, I can sense the spiciness but it does have a lighter tone, it really complements the sandalwood. It smells like a summer evening in a place long ago and far away.

I know this is not commonly available. But, is there by any chance, a "virgin" bottle of this fragrance available? :)

I know this is not commonly available. But, is there by any chance, a "virgin" bottle of this fragrance available? :)

Sorry no, the only thing I held a little aside of this month was Unisexy. Sorry to disappoint.

None of these notes is my favorite but I LOOOVE this. It's lush, golden, and languorous. It and/or the SS4W are making me feel like a lioness. Feels like Totem Tiger and similarly makes me think of Charlize Theron's J'Adore campaign. This puts the commercial perfumes it somewhat evokes to total shame.

None of these notes is my favorite but I LOOOVE this. It's lush, golden, and languorous. It and/or the SS4W are making me feel like a lioness. Feels like Totem Tiger and similarly makes me think of Charlize Theron's J'Adore campaign. This puts the commercial perfumes it somewhat evokes to total shame.

Damn. This was one i barely paid attention to. Now im on it. TY

WOW!!! Like other reviews, this is totally not what I was expecting. And also like other reviews, this reminds me of when I used to sneak into my mother's room and put on her fragrances. Shimmering Sands on my skin becomes a rich, spicy, almost unisex fragrance. It really reminded me of her Opium perfume that she used to wear in '79. I was totally obsessed with it, I used to sneak in her room and spray it on a shirt that I kept in the back of my drawer to sniff. When I looked up the notes of the classic fragrance, I see that it had sandalwood and clove in it which seem to be the dominant notes on my skin, I'm not getting much gardenia at all. Just to be clear, it doesn't smell *exactly* like classic Opium, but it does remind me of that womanly exotic fragrance that I coveted so much as a kid.

​LOVE.

I know it's the latest commercial jingle, but this song's been out a while and to me, really speaks this fragrance!

WOW!!! Like other reviews, this is totally not what I was expecting. And also like other reviews, this reminds me of when I used to sneak into my mother's room and put on her fragrances. Shimmering Sands on my skin becomes a rich, spicy, almost unisex fragrance. It really reminded me of her Opium perfume that she used to wear in '79. I was totally obsessed with it, I used to sneak in her room and spray it on a shirt that I kept in the back of my drawer to sniff. When I looked up the notes of the classic fragrance, I see that it had sandalwood and clove in it which seem to be the dominant notes on my skin, I'm not getting much gardenia at all. Just to be clear, it doesn't smell *exactly* like classic Opium, but it does remind me of that womanly exotic fragrance that I coveted so much as a kid.

​LOVE.

I know it's the latest commercial jingle, but this song's been out a while and to me, really speaks this fragrance!

Ive never seen that before. Lol Love it. :relaxing:

• 1 month later...

Shimmering Sands is creamy florals grounded by the clove and sandalwood, whilst not being overpowering. I'm not sure what evening nightshade smells like, but this perfume is intoxicating and as said in the description, very seductive. I love it and so glad that it lasts and lasts. I applied at 8.30 this morning and can still smell the lovely fragrance now and it's well into the evening, almost 9pm

I tried Shimmering Sands out last night. Whilst in the bottle the perfume smelled 'spiky'. I put it on my stomach, wrists and chest and it quickly melded down into my skin as a beautifully soft fragrance with a surprisingly sensual depth. After about an hour I started feeling ... exquisite. When I looked at myself in the mirror I saw myself in a whole new light. I think it is the first time that I have ever seen myself as an alluring woman. I moved differently. My SO had just returned home after travelling non-stop for 2 days. That did not stop him from carrying me upstairs and initiating a very 'Titanic' evening - think Rose and Jack and a steamy carriage ...

This morning I woke up in my SO arms with the scent of last night still lingering on my wrists.

I tried Shimmering Sands out last night. Whilst in the bottle the perfume smelled 'spiky'. I put it on my stomach, wrists and chest and it quickly melded down into my skin as a beautifully soft fragrance with a surprisingly sensual depth. After about an hour I started feeling ... exquisite. When I looked at myself in the mirror I saw myself in a whole new light. I think it is the first time that I have ever seen myself as an alluring woman. I moved differently. My SO had just returned home after travelling non-stop for 2 days. That did not stop him from carrying me upstairs and initiating a very 'Titanic' evening - think Rose and Jack and a steamy carriage ...

This morning I woke up in my SO arms with the scent of last night still lingering on my wrists.

Well I think you must need several full bottles after that review. lol

Well I think you must need several full bottles after that review. lol

Yes, :) , it's going on my increasingly long list. :lolipop:

Edit: This delivered "the goods" once again on Saturday night :Emoticons0424: .

Edited by Wolf Dreaming

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You know, when I first tried this I wasn't sure about it. But over the course of the next few days, I COULD NOT stop thinking about it. I was literally lying in bed at night thinking about this perfume. So, of course, I had to go full bottle right away. That was such a good decision. I don't usually post my reviews until long after I've written them, so I'm amused at how my own notes match so many of the other reviews in this thread. I had written how this was a very grown-up, "adult lady" scent. It's very sophisticated. The scent as a whole is so smooth and doesn't really morph much. It stays really consistent. The sandalwood is the most prominent note at first. After a while, the gardenia comes out and blends with the sandalwood, but never overpowers it. It's a gorgeous, subtle scent. It works great on it's own, but is also the kind of scent you can layer under others if they need a grounding depth or to take the bright edge off. It's incredibly versatile, and adds a calming smoothness to other scents. It's just as amazing when it's the star of the show. 

ETA: I think this is one of those scents that has managed to fly under the radar and is far more underrated than it should be.

Edited by greenappletart