Lisa's Saffron Swoon

Beccah

AD-PE-LisaSS.jpg

So happy to meet the wonderful JLisa in person! She came into the shop to order this lovely creation! :) Warm saffron EO is the star of this show, surrounded by yummy vanilla, golden sandalwood attar, slightly spicy Napalese amber resin and a dollop of honey. Definitely swoon-worthy!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Saffron Swoon is worthy of the name! Warmly sweet w/ a tinge of amber, & a slight booziness? Might I be reading that from the combo of vanilla & resins? Idk, but Saffron Swoon is an exotic delight to my nose!

ETA: Also, if a man wore this, I would probably attach to him like static cling. Don't let the notes or the name fool you, this would read like a sexy vanilla pipe tobacco scent on a man.

Edited by Beccah

It actually was based on a men's cologne I smelled at an upscale perfumery so you nailed it Beccah!! It's got spice but saffron doesn't have a bite. The vanilla and sandalwood and saffron are unisex and it needed a bit of sweet or it would have been completely masculine.

This turned out really great! And yes, it has a total unisex vibe to me too. The saffron and the sandalwood compliment each other perfectly. I don't really get the sweet notes as such, just as accents which help round out the construction, make it fuller and deeper. It's a perfect Fall scent to me, warm and golden and rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Ermahgerd! This is soooo sexy! Not dirty sexy. I'm wearing it to work today, lol. But gorgeous, put-together woman sexy! Mmmm! I can't stop smelling my arm!

So. Try to describe it, Molly. Spicy sandalwood vanilla, smooth sweet amber. The honey doesn't come across dirty at all. Just adds a little sweetness. I love it!

Thanks Bella. I am really loving it! If I want to go more honey, I add a swipe of honey but it just awesome on its own. It's such a warm scent. Not much throw but I also find myself sniffing myself a lot when I wear it. I added a bottle with some LFN too but not sure if that is the right phero for this.

SWOON IS RIGHT

My nose no idea what the saffron is. This reminds me more than anything of Sensual Harmony. This is the sandalwood perfume for people (like me!) who don't like sandalwood. It's so luxuriant. It reminds me of Flaming June. It's yards and yards of heavy golden apricot silk warmed by body heat. LisaJ IMO this is SO lfm.....

Edited by tyvey

Oh my, that's it Tyvey! Yards and yards of golden silk warmed by body heat! We need to change the name!! Potion Master is amazeballs, isn't she?

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

just ran out of my itty :cry: this is a fragrance I'd be jealous of on someone else

perfectly warm, honey-ed, comforting and familiar, yet exotic

Honey doesn't take over center stage, impressive. Normally I amp smutty honey (to my own nose anyway, and I love), but this is a preferable alternative to the office. Saffron makes anything regal 👑

• 2 years later...

I’m on a saffron kick again after smelling MFK’s Baccarat Rouge 540 and I remembered I had this as a half bottle somewhere in my collection.  Totally different, like BR and the heaviest vanilla amber fragrance had a baby.  It initially comes off powdery (probably from aged amber) but then morphs into a deep spicy silky blanket and is absolutely still exotic and unisex.  Sticks close to the skin.  @Potion Masterlet me know when you are doing private editions again because this has aged so beautifully that I need more… maybe two varieties—a summer and a winter version.  I’m loving diving into a bunch of these oils I bought 5 years ago…some are magical, some (with cops) have gone off due to my poor storage attempts.  But these are like newfound treasures to me.