Madeleine's Hot Memphis Nights w/Hedione

Beccah

AD-PE-MadeleineHMN.jpg

This is Memphis, Madeleine's handsome tomcat. With smoldering intensity, his masked eyes bore right into your soul and take you on a trip to the heady and humid south for which he is named... Dewy lily of the valley over a cloud of sweetened musks and a humid tropical rain accord, plus a splash of Hedione. Memphis, take me away!

Well, I didn't think that Lilly of the Valley could go in a sexy direction. I usually think of it as an innocuous white floral, that's safe for work & minds its own business. Hot Memphis Nights manages to capture the hazy way the flowers smell during humid summer nights. Like they smell a bit extra. The white Lilly is there but it's a bit sweeter & extra, giving it a less than an innocent aura.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually hoping to experience the whole of this scent because it sounded very interesting to me but primarily I get the weight of the musk and lily and on top a green-stem impression, which does give it a wet vibe but not quite humid to me. There is a bit of airiness from the Hedione. This does make me think of a garden, but perhaps not quite the garden I should be picturing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's confirmed I'm a hedione ho. This made me swoon, and I dislike lily of the valley- on me it usually makes me think of the air freshener in a gas station bathroom. The musks are dreamy and make this feel slinky.