Help with opening up communication and ptsd.

So I've been on several dates with the new guy JT, and things seem to be going great, better than great, but he has PTSD. He's a trucker, and 5 yrs ago he was in a horrible accident, another truck was passing him, and with the fog and all, didn't see the truck right behind JT, and the two trucks collided head on, fiery mess, killed both, but JT walked away. The family of the one trucker is suing him for wrongful death, not sure why, as he wasn't driving the truck that collided with the other truck. But I've seen him on his worst, July 3rd, the accident happened on July 3rd, 2012.

I wore treasured heart when I was at his house, and he went from being short with me, to be really sympathetic, talkative, to being distant, and short. I was doing some research on here and was thinking of purchasing bag balm. Would that help out? Is there any other phero that would help comfort him? Open up communications?

Also I'd love advice on pstd.

Thanks in advance!

There is no absolutely no credible research that show that pheromones are effective on HUMAN behavior or mood.

For aromatherapy, your best bet is anything with citrus or lavender or vanilla.

There is a lot of promising evidence that physical exercise can help stimulate the brain to heal itself.

I would urge him to buy this book: https://www.amazon.com/Body-Keeps-Score-Healing-Trauma/dp/0143127748/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499505337&sr=8-4&keywords=PTSD

I'm dealing with PTSD myself, and it really is the hardest thing ever. It's like my subconscious brain just won't let you forget the horrors even when you believe it's irrational

Edited by DianeRoss500

Sunny, you may want to try Open Windows. It is a genuine mood lifter, and works wonders when my man gets in a blue funk. It makes people open up as well....I use it in my tax practice, and it does do the job!

Edited by Dolly

There is no absolutely no credible research that show that pheromones are effective on HUMAN behavior or mood.

Well, I personally KNOW THEY ARE. I have been using them since about 2002/2003 or thereabouts. And YES, they work.

Edited by Dolly

Sunny, you may want to try Open Windows. It is a genuine mood lifter, and works wonders when my man gets in a blue funk. It makes people open up as well....I use it in my tax practice, and it does do the job!

Are you an accountant? Accounting makes me blue, too. lol

Are you an accountant? Accounting makes me blue, too. lol

Yes, and accounting doesn't make me blue....it is what I do.....but my man's job makes him blue a lot. And my tax clients sometimes get RED when they have to pay the government.

I respect your opinion, but how do you know it's not just the placebo effect? Just wondering :)

Because I have done numerous blind tests throughout the years, and I KNOW what I am talking about. If I were using a "blend" that made me feel nothing, then period....it made me feel nothing. I reported that to whichever company I was testing for and did not lay any money down for that product. We are talking HUNDREDS of products I have tested, for most of the major pheromone distributors and retailers....many of the blind tests were where I had NO IDEA what the blend was supposed to do, if anything. I was sent an un-labeled bottle and told to report on my findings.

I entered the pheromone arena as a TOTAL SKEPTIC, only to find out that shit happened that could not be explained away by mere coincidence. and it happened repeatedly. THAT is all of the research that I need. I would be much more willing to believe my own findings over 15 years than somebody's research study.

Edited by Dolly

Yes, and accounting doesn't make me blue....it is what I do.....but my man's job makes him blue a lot. And my tax clients sometimes get RED when they have to pay the government.

Because I have done numerous blind tests throughout the years, and I KNOW what I am talking about. If I were using a "blend" that made me feel nothing, then period....it made me feel nothing. I reported that to whichever company I was testing for and did not lay any money down for that product. We are talking HUNDREDS of products I have tested, for most of the major pheromone distributors and retailers....many of the blind tests were where I had NO IDEA what the blend was supposed to do, if anything. I was sent an un-labeled bottle and told to report on my findings.

I entered the pheromone arena as a TOTAL SKEPTIC, only to find out that shit happened that could not be explained away by mere coincidence. and it happened repeatedly. THAT is all of the research that I need. I would be much more willing to believe my own findings over 15 years than somebody's research study.

Ok, thanks Dolly. You sound incredibly smart. Do you have your own tax practice and/or CPA? I'm considering that route...

OP, I think you should go do physical exercise with your guy. Careful, sometimes rigorous exercise can trigger PTSD symptoms, but the brain-enhancing effects of exercise are well studied and documented. Maybe you could both do a dance class together - romantic, fun, and could help the guy

Edited by DianeRoss500

Ok, thanks Dolly. You sound incredibly smart. Do you have your own tax practice and/or CPA? I'm considering that route...

Yes I have my own practice. I was with the IRS (exam division....audits) for 15 years right out of college and have now had my own practice since early 2006, when I resigned from my govt job. I wouldn't go with an already established firm because I audited most of those firms and/or their clients, and most of them were shady at best. So, I decided to strike out on my own.

Edited by Dolly

Yes I have my own practice. I was with the IRS (exam division....audits) for 15 years right out of college and have now had my own practice since early 2006, when I resigned from my govt job. I wouldn't go with an already established firm because I audited most of those firms and/or their clients, and most of them were shady at best. So, I decided to strike out on my own.

wow, that's amazing. Yes, i believe what you say about the shadiness is true. Do you have a CPA? it seems tough do anything in accounting these days without it. Also, what do you think about the future of accounting, given all the automation and all?

wow, that's amazing. Yes, i believe what you say about the shadiness is true. Do you have a CPA? it seems tough do anything in accounting these days without it. Also, what do you think about the future of accounting, given all the automation and all?

I am degreed (major in accounting, double minor in management and finance). I have a double designation, CPA and EA (Enrolled Agent).

The future of accounting, while not as big of a field as it was in the past, has seemed to level off. Even with automation, you will find people who either do not have the time, the energy, or the desire to do their own accounting and tax work. Then, of course, you also have businesses (not CPA firms) who hire CPA's to work in their accounting departments.