Studies about phero effects on men?

I was just wondering if you guys had read any studies about phero effects on men BESIDES cops? It seems that ALL I can find is about how pheromones work ON women FOR men, but nothing in the other direction. I really wish I could find something. I believe they work, I just like researching the nitty gritty, I guess. I am a nerd when it comes to knowing the HOWS and WHYS.

I haven't read any studies yet for pheromones on men though I can see if I can scope some out. I studied neuroscience in university and we did talk about pheromones in one of our upper major courses if you're interested in more generally knowing the hows/whys/mechanism.

I haven't read any studies yet for pheromones on men though I can see if I can scope some out. I studied neuroscience in university and we did talk about pheromones in one of our upper major courses if you're interested in more generally knowing the hows/whys/mechanism.

A neuroscientist in the room! awesome! I read that humans lack the gland to perceive phermones in the nose, so it's physiologically impossible for humans to react to pheromones - at least that's what researchers think for now

A neuroscientist in the room! awesome! I read that humans lack the gland to perceive phermones in the nose, so it's physiologically impossible for humans to react to pheromones - at least that's what researchers think for now

Yes, essentially. What animals use to detect pheromones is an organ called the Vomeronasal Organ that's essentially analogous to how our nose works, but for pheromones instead of scents. We know this organ is absent in great apes and old world monkeys, so some scientists think that could mean pheromones don't have a huge rule in regulating primate behavior ("pheromone" in this sense refers to a chemical signal that is produced in an animal that affects the behavior/physiology of other animals in the same species, whether it's attracting males, evaluating reproductive status of mates, aggression/fighting, defining terroritories, or accelerating or delaying puberty in some cases).

In addition, when you look at the signal transduction cascade (basically the interactions of proteins and ions that are involved in transmitting the signal on a molecular level from the time you encounter a pheromone to the time you detect it/react to it) for pheromone detection in the Vomeronasal Organ, there's a gene called the TRPC2 gene which codes for a receptor that lets in calcium to transmit the signal. However, another support for the disappearance of the pheromone-sensing system in humans is that this TRPC2 gene is a pseudogene in humans, so it doesn't work.

BUT there has been studies that show there are some pheromones that are detected by the olfactory epithelium in humans - so the same system we use to detect smells - one of these pheromones is androstenone which was initially identified from pigs. It's a derivative of testosterone and is also found in human sweat and urine.

What's interesting is if you were to make people smell androstenone, you'd get a huge range of responses. Some people describe it as "sweaty and urinous," some people as "floral and sweet," and some people are anosmic to it, which means they can't smell it at all. Scientists went in and identified a specific receptor gene in the olfactory system that is really good at responding to androstenone and found that slight differences on that gene contribute to differences in the way people perceive androstenone. We'll call the two most common differences RT and WM.

People with the RT type code had a stronger response/were better able to perceive androstenone and described it as "foul-smelling" while people with the WM variation had a severely impaired reaction and described it as more floral/sweet/pleasant smelling. So just because of our small genetic differences, you completely change how people perceive/react to the same molecule. I would guess that this is what also causes all the different ways people react to other pheromones - for example, we've talked on the forums about how some men are fantastic EST responders while some respond better to more dominant pheromones on women. Could be that the ones who don't respond to EST don't have the genetic blueprint to create the molecular machinery that is needed to allow them to detect EST.

In terms of androstenone affecting behavior, when women were asked to smell male sweat, they reported higher mood, higher sexual arousal, and also had higher amounts of cortisol in their saliva, which is a hormone used to measure levels of stress.

Also, Tinkerbelle - I just remembered a study on men and pheromones! The basics of that study was that they had men sniff female tears. Men who sniffed female tears were more likely to rate female faces as less attractive and also tested for less testosterone. So basically the conclusion of that study was female tears had a chemosignal that caused reduced sexual attraction and lower levels of testosterone in men.

EDIT: Apologies for the novel - I know there's some scientific terms in here, but I can try to explain more or answer questions if anyone is interested.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

Good job Midnight! I think most of the seasoned vets here would agree.....gland or not, pheros can and do work!

My man is one of those that generally responds negatively to high doses of Est.....it has to be buffered with something more dominant (as in Leather or BI). And, I never tell him that I am testing a new blend....don't want to skew my results....

Yes, essentially. What animals use to detect pheromones is an organ called the Vomeronasal Organ that's essentially analogous to how our nose works, but for pheromones instead of scents. We know this organ is absent in great apes and old world monkeys, so some scientists think that could mean pheromones don't have a huge rule in regulating primate behavior ("pheromone" in this sense refers to a chemical signal that is produced in an animal that affects the behavior/physiology of other animals in the same species, whether it's attracting males, evaluating reproductive status of mates, aggression/fighting, defining terroritories, or accelerating or delaying puberty in some cases).

In addition, when you look at the signal transduction cascade (basically the interactions of proteins and ions that are involved in transmitting the signal on a molecular level from the time you encounter a pheromone to the time you detect it/react to it) for pheromone detection in the Vomeronasal Organ, there's a gene called the TRPC2 gene which codes for a receptor that lets in calcium to transmit the signal. However, another support for the disappearance of the pheromone-sensing system in humans is that this TRPC2 gene is a pseudogene in humans, so it doesn't work.

BUT there has been studies that show there are some pheromones that are detected by the olfactory epithelium in humans - so the same system we use to detect smells - one of these pheromones is androstenone which was initially identified from pigs. It's a derivative of testosterone and is also found in human sweat and urine.

What's interesting is if you were to make people smell androstenone, you'd get a huge range of responses. Some people describe it as "sweaty and urinous," some people as "floral and sweet," and some people are anosmic to it, which means they can't smell it at all. Scientists went in and identified a specific receptor gene in the olfactory system that is really good at responding to androstenone and found that slight differences on that gene contribute to differences in the way people perceive androstenone. We'll call the two most common differences RT and WM.

People with the RT type code had a stronger response/were better able to perceive androstenone and described it as "foul-smelling" while people with the WM variation had a severely impaired reaction and described it as more floral/sweet/pleasant smelling. So just because of our small genetic differences, you completely change how people perceive/react to the same molecule. I would guess that this is what also causes all the different ways people react to other pheromones - for example, we've talked on the forums about how some men are fantastic EST responders while some respond better to more dominant pheromones on women.

In terms of androstenone affecting behavior, when women were asked to smell male sweat, they reported higher mood, higher sexual arousal, and also had higher amounts of cortisol in their saliva, which is a hormone used to measure levels of stress.

Also, Tinkerbelle - I just remembered a study on men and pheromones! The basics of that study was that they had men sniff female tears. Men who sniffed female tears were more likely to rate female faces as less attractive and also tested for less testosterone. So basically the conclusion of that study was female tears had a chemosignal that caused reduced sexual attraction and lower levels of testosterone in men.

EDIT: Apologies for the novel - I know there's some scientific terms in here, but I can try to explain more or answer questions if anyone is interested.

Thank you for this! And bring on more novels anytime :)

I bookmarked a post from 2014 that has links to studies done comparing the effects of beta-androstAnol vs beta-androstEnol

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8945&hl=

The only flaw I see in that the study is that we don't know if tears truly are identical in smell to saline water (which is the controls sniffed). If there are other aromatic compounds in tears not found in saline water, then the decrease in testosterone could be due to association. Also, i'd like to see how men behave to the tears of other men, as well tears of other species.

Edited by DianeRoss500

Because human don't use that organ to detect them.

then what do they use? all other animals that have been shown to be influenced by pheromones sense pheromones by that organ (

Vomeronasal organ) Edited by DianeRoss500

The human vomeronasal organ

The vomeronasal organ develops in utero. Nerve fibers emerge from the developing organ and travel towards the brain. This is a crucial step in the development of the reproductive system: as of puberty, gonad functioning depends on hormonal secretion by the anterior hypophysis, and this is governed by peptide GnRH secreting cells in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. Embryologically, these GnRH secreting cells derive from the olfactory placode, from which the olfactory and vomeronasal organs develop, and migrate along the vomeronasal axons toward the brain [23]. In humans, defective GnRH cell migration induces hypogonadotropic hypogonadism syndrome (LH and FSH pituitary hormone secretion defect), which is associated with absence or aplasia of the olfactory bulbs, orbitofrontal cortex alteration in the olfactory sulcus and reduction in or absence of olfactory sensitivity. After this initial development, however, the vomeronasal organ regresses, leaving only a few vestiges in adults [24,25]. Following Jacobson in the 19th century, Kölliker [26] and then Potiquet detailed the position of the vomeronasal cavities in adults: on base of the nasal partition above the foot, near the vomer bone. The cavity openings are now clearly visible on endoscopy (Fig. 2A) in some but not all individuals [25]. Histologic examination finds an internal canal of variable length, extending back and covered with ciliary epithelium with numerous underlying glands (Fig. 2 B). Compared to in other mammals, the general structure shows many signs of regression: notably, absence of any veins or turgescent tissue able to produce active pumping. Immunohistochemistry confirms the absence of epithelial receptor neurons and even of underlying nerve fibers that might allow neural information to be transported to the brain [25]. With contrast medium injection, the cavities can be visualized on CT (Fig. 2C and D), at the base of the septum, above the foot of the partition.

Read more: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187972961100010X

Edited by DianeRoss500

Good info!! Thanks! Keep it coming!

ETA: I went back and read those links, and the thing is, he is still looking at it and most of his "reports" are about how women are affected when men wear the mones. :/

I wish there was a true study somewhere about the pheros in reverse. I have read in other places, for instance, that DHEAS kills the fallout effect when men use it with other pheros, yet it is in products here where people seem to have experienced the fallout, or at least something similar, when women use it. So I am wondering if it kills it for women, but NOT for men? Things like that are the questions I have...how do we experience them DIFFERENTLY??

Hedione supposedly increases certain responses in women whereas, men do not get the same effects when a woman wears it (according to the research I have read).

Edited by Tinkerbelle

Good info!! Thanks! Keep it coming!

ETA: I went back and read those links, and the thing is, he is still looking at it and most of his "reports" are about how women are affected when men wear the mones. :/

I wish there was a true study somewhere about the pheros in reverse.

Me too!

if you can, could you post URL of those studies. I'm curious. :)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1885393/

"DETECTION OF HUMAN PHEROMONES
Based upon animal studies, the vomeronasal organ would be hypothesized to be the site of pheromone detection in humans. However, although the vomeronasal organ is found in humans it is thought to be non-functional as the vomeronasal receptor and signal transduction genes are pseudogenes in man, and the accessory olfactory neuronal connections degenerate during human foetal development.
However, this need not mean that there is no method of pheromone detection in humans. Recent work suggests there may have been too much emphasis placed upon the accessory olfactory system as the means of pheromone detection and response. There is evidence from other mammals that pheromone responses occur without the vomeronasal organ, and that the main olfactory systems may in fact play a complementary role in pheromone detection. Transcripts of the V1RL1 vomeronasal receptor are found in human olfactory mucosa, and this may reflect the fact that in humans (and some other mammals) the accessory olfactory system has been absorbed into the main olfactory system. The main olfactory system certainly has the capacity—the surface area of human olfactory epithelium is 22 cm3 and it expresses over 1000 putative odourant receptors (1% of all expressed genes), which through combinatorial activation is capable of detecting around 10 000 odorants."
Edited by Midnight Requiem

I found this one study, which may have been already talked about on the forum, but I didn't see it in my reading.

..."As further evidence of pheromones’ existence, male college students were asked to rate pictures of women while wearing masks either with no odor or with a postulated female pheromone (androsterone). The men with postulated female pheromone in their masks described the women as appearing friendlier and prettier than did those wearing unodorized masks" . Kirk-Smith MD, Booth DA, Carroll D, Davies P. Human social attitudes affected by androstenol. Res Commun Psychol Psychiatr Behav 1978; 3:379-384

This (above) is a small mention in a larger article on how certain smells affect male arousal.

http://aanos.org/human-male-sexual-response-to-olfactory-stimuli/

So, this is where my questions come in. The article lists scents that are proven to increase blood flow to the penis in all men who participated in the study. The winner by far was a blend of lavender with pumpkin pie. (Median increase 40%)

For those of you who have a good handle on the effects of pheromones, and copulins, how much weight should this finding have have overall, in the big picture of male sexual attraction, and male sexual arousal?

I actually love spicy pumpkin scents, not so much the lavender part, but it can be okay, However, I don't want to think every time I have seduction on my mind (heh heh) that to come out with all the big guns, I'll need to choose a fragrance that had this combo.

Very interesting. I have seen the studies on the lavender/pumpkin pie, etc. I had not seen the part about androsterone, I don't think.

While there is now evidence of the Lavender/Pumpkin connection, I am sure that if tested, there are plenty of others that do the same. Look at how LP Red seems to affect *most* men. Does it matter if it specifically increases the blood flow by a certain amount? I can see where that would be especially useful in cases of ED, etc., but I think that there are many instances on this forum of women stating how cops helps in that department a great deal.

There is SOOOOO much we DON'T know...that is why I seek this stuff out. I like SOLID proof. But even with studies, it is a small sampling. We have such a wide variety of ladies/men/circumstances here that this board is SUPER educational. I wish we had MORE people sharing so we could start to see if there are connections between personalities, traits, medical issues, etc. I wish we could all sit down and have a round table discussion in DEPTH and just take notes.

But what I DO KNOW is that the pheros work. I just want to know more about the factors that influence them....and gender is obviously a big one. But what we CAN learn from studies is patterns...and that gives us better knowledge to start our own experiments with. :)

I just ordered some sugared lavendar and sugared pie spices...I am going to see how they smell together... it sounds weird, but I thought the sugared part would help. I have mixed lavender and vanilla before and didn't like it.

Anyhoo...thanks for that article.

Does it matter if it specifically increases the blood flow by a certain amount? I can see where that would be especially useful in cases of ED, etc., but I think that there are many instances on this forum of women stating how cops helps in that department a great deal.

There is SOOOOO much we DON'T know...that is why I seek this stuff out. I like SOLID proof. But even with studies, it is a small sampling. We have such a wide variety of ladies/men/circumstances here that this board is SUPER educational. I wish we had MORE people sharing so we could start to see if there are connections between personalities, traits, medical issues, etc. I wish we could all sit down and have a round table discussion in DEPTH and just take notes.

But what I DO KNOW is that the pheros work. I just want to know more about the factors that influence them....and gender is obviously a big one. But what we CAN learn from studies is patterns...and that gives us better knowledge to start our own experiments with. :)

I just ordered some sugared lavendar and sugared pie spices...I am going to see how they smell together... it sounds weird, but I thought the sugared part would help. I have mixed lavender and vanilla before and didn't like it.

Anyhoo...thanks for that article.

I agree. When I think about it, it seems like if the scent of lavender/pumpkin pie increased men's attraction or improved perception toward woman, such as pheromones do, then there would be studies that show this.

We've blended lavender and pumpkin pie together in the past due to this study, and it's rather disgusting IMO. I would love to have smelled what they used as a sample, because these two are not a natural pair, and in my experience, while it's possible they are both turn-ons, they are different kinds of turn-ons. Lavender being a clean and cuddly evocation, and pumpkin pie being of the mouthwatering oral fixation type.

And it's the spice really, in the pumpkin pie I would bet - the spice and vanilla - which is why Love Potion RED has been our best seller for 3 decades. Cinnamon is a significant turn on for men. It would be neat to supply a study like this our own scents.

Now see I thought Carolyn's Man Nip was a really good example of actually trying to blend those notes together - because it was lavender, pumpkin pie and jelly doughnut, right? But it was totally gourmand.

Those who have Blackstar Lavender - have you noticed any male interest? I say that because it has two of the big four: lavender and anise (licorice).

I would discount that combo of Lavender/Pumpkin Pie, the subject was SLEEPING and likely dreaming influenced the result, see bold below.

Perhaps he was dreaming of the time he was hitting a warm pumpkin pie like the apple one in the movie American Pie since he was so hard up :say19: ....

Another possibility, odors may act neurophysiologically. MacLean (5) demonstrated that stimulation of the septal nucleus in the squirrel monkey induces erection. A direct pathway connects the olfactory bulb to the septal nucleus (44), hence, it seems anatomically correct that odor could impact upon the septal nucleus to induce erection with increased penile blood flow. This seems a strong possibility in our study, since the one subject who slept through the entire experiment showed the greatest increase in penile-blood flow in response to the combined odors of lavender and pumpkin pie. We suspect a direct physiologic mechanism, yet we cannot rule out a possible impact of odors upon the dreams of the subject who slept through the experiment, perhaps with his dream content influencing penile blood flow.

I had seen this combo mentioned without reference before in this article with scents that make women/men aroused: https://thoughtcatalog.com/lorenzo-jensen-iii/2015/07/17-naturally-erotic-scents-that-will-drive-your-partner-c-r-a-z-y-in-bed/

Edited by datadragon

Regardless of why the combo "works" it doesn't address attraction, or mention it affecting emotions - at least that I've read, which admittedly isn't a whole lot. (I wish you could enter your bestsellers into a study Mara! )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1892794 Exposure of females to androstenol, but not to the fatty acids, resulted in significantly higher scores of exchanges with males, in terms of all parameters for all exchanges.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090380106000255

it should be borne in mind that improved mood is also observed (not just A1) in both men and women in response to a pleasant odor such as scents!

Men Can Smell Fertility/Ovulation

This is one that has not yet been exploited that I did some research on....

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/media/releases/2010/miller.cfm

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117526&page=1

http://www.unm.edu/~gfmiller/cycle_effects_on_tips.pdf

A study performed by the University of New Mexico found that the naturally cycling (not taking birth control) exotic dancers they observed made about $355 during ovulation. Comparably, they made around $260 per shift after ovulation, and about $185 per shift while menstruating. The theory is that men were able to pick up on certain cues (the pheromones!) that the ovulating dancer was fertile, including scent, motivating them to spend more money on her.

McClintock, and Stern and McClintock tested the synchronization of the menstrual cycles among women based on unconscious odour cues (McClintock effect) where a group of women were exposed to a whiff of perspiration from armpits of other women. This caused their menstrual cycles to speed up or slow down depending on the timing of when the sweat was collected; before, during, or after ovulation. (So women may smell same pheromone and sync up).

My idea would be to Identify the pheromone, then it can be used for 1) Women to attract men more during phases outside of ovulation. 2) A man to increase Testosterone (like copulins was thought to do), 3) Possible external detector for women to know the best time they are ovulating to get pregnant and for men to know when a woman is ovulating so they can take them on a special date and wear their androstenone that works best during ovulation lol.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123211000397

Large compilation of studies on pheromones

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187972961100010X

Compilation of information on how pheromones may work in humans, and some studies on both men and woman effects.

Edited by datadragon

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3607301/

This study was designed to answer the question about the VNO involvement in human processing of putative pheromones Androstadienone and EST (female A1 equivalent). The study shows that the human VNO has no function in perception and processing of putative pheromones, they worked as usual without the VNO. There was no difference between subjects with and without a detectable VNO in Androstadienone perception. Functional occlusion of the VNO did not change the pattern of brain activation after exposure with Androstadienone so it was working even when the VNO was not accessible. Functional occlusion of the VNO also did not alter the perception of or sensitivity to A1.

In another case, The patients suffered from severe nasal polyposis, which prevented odor molecules to reach the olfactory cleft, therefore the main olfactory epithelium, and which rendered patients anosmic. However, the VNO, which is located much more distally, was not affected. Savic et al. observed typical activations of the hypothalamus after stimulation with estratetraenol (EST), the female counterpart of AND (A1); in the control group but not in the patient group [Savic et al., 2009]. They interpreted these results as a proof that putative human pheromones are perceived via the main olfactory epithelium.

This means that those who couldnt smell through their normal olfactory epithelium did not get the response from EST, even though the VNO was accessible which also shows that isnt involved...

Chemosignals in humans are probably processed via the main olfactory system, and in the above link mentions the other possibilities:

Although the Grueneberg ganglion, an anatomical structure located at the anterior portion of the nostril, was recently demonstrated to act as a pheromonal receptor organ for fear odors in rodents [Brechbuhl et al., 2008] and may therefore be a candidate for having vomeronasal functions in humans; tentative evidence indicates that in humans the functions of the VNOmight have migrated to the main olfactory system. So, a vomeronasal receptor gene that in rodents is expressed in the VNO is in humans expressed in the olfactory mucosa [Rodriguez et al., 2000].

....Going to church doesn't make you religeous any more then standing in a garage makes you a car.....

Edited by datadragon

McClintock's work on the syncing up of cycles has been largely discredited. I was rather surprised when I found this out just a couple of years ago because it was a fable I had heard my entire life and simply accepted. When I thought about it tho, I'm one who should have realized this sooner, having spent an entire decade in an all-female band, where 5 women lived together for much of the year in extremely close quarters. Our cycles, never, ever synced. And trust me, we heard enough sexist jokes on the subject to have paid attention.

When I thought about it tho, I'm one who should have realized this sooner, having spent an entire decade in an all-female band, where 5 women lived together for much of the year in extremely close quarters

Did you play the FLUTE? Lets use TMI on Mara lol...

635722407443953986-1321217396_BandCamp.g

In that post I was pointing out the interesting fact that those researchers may have shown initial evidence that men may be able to smell when women are at their most fertile (ovulating) and find women more pleasant smelling during that period. The increased tips during ovulation was another example that I could see linking to that. So an unknown pheromone may be at play in that.

The mention of Stern & McClintock (1998) I just threw in there as a possibility that women produce a chemical scent all the time that is picked up also by women, which may or may not be related to this unknown pheromone during ovulation. Or they are the same but of higher amounts depending on the cycle. That study basically just said that axillary compounds collected from women in the preovulatory phase of the menstrual cycle shortened the menstrual cycles of receipient women. Odors from women in the ovulatory phase had the opposite effect, lengthening the menstrual cycle. Cycle length was changed by a modification in the length of the follicular phase and the timing of the preovulatory LH surge. There were no pheromonal effects on either the menses duration or luteal phase length. It was just the fact that there may be a chemical signal that is present and not whether that ultimately 'syncs' women completely as you mentioned did not in your case, or other factors like birth control and such modify such functions..

It was also interesting that men's testosterone levels went up when smelling the t-shirts of ovulating women, and therefore testosterone levels may be responsive to smells indicating when a woman is fertile. We also know that when a women is ready for sex most produce copulins, and in the presence of a woman (visual cue), has been shown to also increase testosterone levels... It might be a way to increase men's testosterone levels.... In the meanwhile we can sell ovulating women's t-shirts lol... or ovulating women sprays to increase T levels and enhance women's attractiveness outside of ovulation....I get a percentage...

Edited by datadragon

McClintock's work on the syncing up of cycles has been largely discredited. I was rather surprised when I found this out just a couple of years ago because it was a fable I had heard my entire life and simply accepted. When I thought about it tho, I'm one who should have realized this sooner, having spent an entire decade in an all-female band, where 5 women lived together for much of the year in extremely close quarters. Our cycles, never, ever synced. And trust me, we heard enough sexist jokes on the subject to have paid attention.

Yep. ^^

The ultimate urban myth. Lol

It's been studied and never proven.

The ultimate urban myth. Lol

Not an urban myth. An example of bad science that was presented with authority. One of my serious peeves.

Did you play the FLUTE? Lets use TMI on Mara lol...

I was a guitarist by trade, and only an enthusiastic flute player as a hobby. ;)

Women tell us all the time that they get better tips when they are most fertile, a general consensus from too many unrelated people not to be the case.

There are a couple of other spots on the body that I believe release pheromones that I wish someone would explore:

* The oils in the scalp....there's a definite release of scent there, and many people talk about how much they love the smell of a baby's head or that of their loved one. A nurturing phero that inspires a protective instinct?

* A woman's cleavage, ESPECIALLY when breast feeding, but also for much of her fertile life. One of my customers and her two teenage kids tell me this story that when they were little, they would run up to her and take a big breath of "mommy smell", and then run off, energized, feeling safe and invulnerable. A courage and confidence phero?

I agree Mara. I said urban myth because the first time I heard this shite was in middle school at recess so seriously like on the playground. What gets to me is that women help perpetuate it. Oh just my friend and I had our periods around the same time. Well that must prove it right?

Well only if you don't understand statistics.

Mom smell. Yea. My kids when in serious need of cuddles wanted to lay their heads right on my chest and perfered it if some skin was showing. Sometimes tbeyd ask for "skin". They'd breathe deeply and relax. They would say they needed some skin. It sounds funny out of context but it was actually really sweet at the time.

Yes, top of head. Though I'm not sure it exactly lasts as we age. But, sniffing off the top of the head. Babies and young children. When my daughter became a teen her head stopped smelling good. Not bad just not that sweet baby/kid thingy. I'm a very sniffy person, meaning I smell everything, sometimes intentionally. But, the teen hormones are STRONG. She skips one day washing hair and sniff the top of her head. That's strong. Not good or bad just powerful.

I remember in my 20s particularly earlier 20s. OMG 2 different BFS loved taking whiffs from the top of my head. Even after a really long day.

This was the time in my life when I got BIG responses from men. Like big phero hit responses. Like Walking around slathered in LAM and/or Heart & Soul. BTW, I was not a suggestive dresser most of the time.

If I had that again with the knowledge and experience I have now. We would have a new Queen. And I would be kind to most of my subjects. ;) It's not fair. Grr

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple of other spots on the body that I believe release pheromones that I wish someone would explore:

* The oils in the scalp....there's a definite release of scent there, and many people talk about how much they love the smell of a baby's head or that of their loved one. A nurturing phero that inspires a protective instinct?

* A woman's cleavage, ESPECIALLY when breast feeding, but also for much of her fertile life. One of my customers and her two teenage kids tell me this story that when they were little, they would run up to her and take a big breath of "mommy smell", and then run off, energized, feeling safe and invulnerable. A courage and confidence phero?

https://www.today.com/health/new-baby-smell-creates-very-strong-bond-moms-brain-study-4B11241673

I explored. According to that, the new baby smell activates the area in the brain related to pleasure satisfaction, such as after you get a hit of a drug you craved or finally get to eat after being very hungry. It activates stronger in any woman who has had a baby, not just your own baby. After doing some research, I believe that this intoxicating chemical is actually Oxytocin. Its released when you fall in love, after sex creating that bonding and trust effect, and is also the chemical released when a baby breast feeds from the mother you wanted to know. It probably is also released as a newborn to help bond with siblings, pets from my experience. A baby is a big ball of Oxytocin essentially getting mothers to become addicted to their babies to take care of them. Oxytocin can impair judgement a little. All new mothers... "Yes, all babies are very cute and adorable, but have you fucking seen MY baby?" I need to make a facebook page and twitter about MY baby.... lol... Its like a drug that the mother doesnt know shes taking, and just wondering why the world isnt losing their minds also over their newborn. All day long scoring another fix snorting the hairs off the baby's head....Actually, I remember those days well with MY adorable baby :) .... Its available now as a single pheromone molecule from another vendor. When a person hits puberty their hormones change and start putting out all the normal pheromones which of course change as we age. Estrogen increases with body fat, which would increase output of alpha and beta androstenol for example.

Edited by datadragon

Very adorable baby! :)

Oxytocin is not a pheromone though, and does not travel through the air. It is produced in your own bloodstream and cannot be transferred from one person to another in the manner you discuss.

Two of our members here, Xev and Rosebud - one a scientist and the other a doctor, posted on the subject a few years ago, and Dr Stone - one of of the premier phero scientists on earth says the same. Dr stone says that selling Oxytocin as a pheromone is separating fools from their money, and that IF it actually did work that way, would be criminally irresponsible because it could cause women to go into labor.

Here's the old thread....

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7133&page=1&do=findComment&comment=202283

• 1 month later...

Very adorable baby! :)

Oxytocin is not a pheromone though, and does not travel through the air. It is produced in your own bloodstream and cannot be transferred from one person to another in the manner you discuss.

Two of our members here, Xev and Rosebud - one a scientist and the other a doctor, posted on the subject a few years ago, and Dr Stone - one of of the premier phero scientists on earth says the same. Dr stone says that selling Oxytocin as a pheromone is separating fools from their money, and that IF it actually did work that way, would be criminally irresponsible because it could cause women to go into labor.

Here's the old thread....

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7133&page=1&do=findComment&comment=202283

Thanks, my baby is def adorable .... too bad the fountain of youth didn't work or we could always keep them that age or those like STACY could still remain Queen as she wants lol.....

The new baby head 'signature scent' activates the area in the brain related to pleasure satisfaction when smelled... What I was saying is that I believe it also is causing the internal release of OXYTOCIN also from the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain and could be tested for. This is what I think is causing the bonding effects, that internal release of oxytocin after smelling the scent. Personally I have found success when testing OXYTOCIN, but because of its heavier molecular weight, I had to use with high concentration ISOESUPER oil from Cinnis Labs, or Sylvamber in order to get the molecule up in the air to effect those around you. It also has been shown to remain in the system for many hours such as in salivary tests from intra nasal application without any modifications. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0145104. Its in several product and been used without issues, and being looked at for PTSD. I agree that I dont think its oxytocin itself within the scent, although apparently humans detect pheromones, steroids, proteins, and even MHC genes apparently via our olfactory system and those are very heavy, so obviously much more study needs to be done in that area to understand how it all works...

According to studies, certain signature scents seem to impact everyone at all times unlike pheromones that as mentioned may vary due to genetics or menstrual cycle timing as women's ability to smell becomes more acute around ovulation... and so you may be on the cutting edge if you can better understand how each scent effects others and why people have said blends that contain scents work better then the unscented, even at a higher dose of pheromones. Animalics, Musk, Civit, Ambergris, Licorice (Good N Plenty), Hedione attraction properties etc could be more effective then the pheromones if an expert like you understood their effects better, or such as the RUTHVAH type mixes using the scent first then adding in pheromones as support.......Others of course have social type properties...

Edited by datadragon