BAD BOY

Dolly

OK, so excuse me if I have posted when a thread already exists.....

Mara sent some of this along in my last pkg for my sweetie, and I slathered him in it on a couple of occassions during our vacation.....it is really really nice.....leather and vanilla were the most prominent notes on him.....but not a sweet vanilla.....it had a darker feel to it.....very manly, and very sexy.

During the course of our trip, I had not only tried this on him, but also some Super and some Un....my mom wouldn't stop following him around sniffing him.....she loved the men's scents! Of course, it doesn't hurt that my man is HOT.....the scents just gave her a reason to bury her face in his neck, I think......

:018A1D~14:

Edited by Dolly

I originally received a small sample of Bad Boy when it first came out and it was all leather on me, alas. It smelled so great in the vial, though. I should have let it age, like I did with Santa Carla, because I imagine some of the other notes would have become more prominent (it's all the ones I love in male fragrance); I keep meaning to get another trial vial. I gave my sample to a (boy)friend of mine and it was NOM NOM NOM...M&D have a fabulous leather accord.

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've tried this again, with the benefit of some aging, I do like it; again it starts out all leather, but as I've said I love that leather accord. Now on the drydown it ends up with a nice soft smoky vanilla. It works better on me than Elementary does (which ends up smelling like hairspray) so I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a leather-based fragrance for their man (or even themselves).

Edited by luna65

• 2 months later...

Well, I tried wearing this one because I normally like unisex or masculine scents, and I like the leather scent. However, this one just did not want to be worn by me! It started out as a nice masculine blend, soft leather and creamy vanilla, but it very quickly grew very strong and sharp. I can't wear it, but I sure wish I had a man to put it on. Too bad I wasn't able to give Santa Carla a try...

Edited by Maxine of Arc

but I sure wish I had a man to put it on

It smells REALLY good on my man......on me, it is OK, but not like it is on him.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm.. bought a sample vial of this one, just LOVING the concept. I remembered to shake well, tried it on my husband, and on me. It's nice, but both of us agreed that the Vanilla basically "stole the show" in this one. After an hour or so, the leathery scent peeked out a bit along with some kind of liquor scent ( bourbon maybe?) Anything else in it was sort of lost on us. Perhaps we need to stash this one and let it age a bit. The Vanilla is just so dominant. I have the same issue with Cinnamon. As I said, "some scents just want to steal the show." Let's see what happens with time. It just might blossom into something nice and dark and Bad Boy yet :D

• 9 months later...

i just got this during the clearance sale. i can best describe the smell on my skin as a leather marshmallow...and i like it! i have yet to use it in public, so i can't comment on the effects on others. but i personally get a little warm when wearing it...there's even a visible reddening of my ears.

eta: after writing this, i felt like trying it out in public. so, i grabbed some sushi and as i was leaving, a businessman opened the door for me. i declare, i could get used to such gentlemanly behavior...(inner southern belle talking, i apologize). :lol:

Edited by Robert

i just got this during the clearance sale. i can best describe the smell on my skin as a leather marshmallow...and i like it! i have yet to use it in public, so i can't comment on the effects on others. but i personally get a little warm when wearing it...there's even a visible reddening of my ears.

eta: after writing this, i felt like trying it out in public. so, i grabbed some sushi and as i was leaving, a businessman opened the door for me. i declare, i could get used to such gentlemanly behavior...(inner southern belle talking, i apologize). :)

I am so totally in love with Robert. :J001:

Robert, you are just soooooo funny and adorable! So glad you are here. :)