Black Velvet Pumpkin

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1318533934_e4pl.jpg

Black Velvet Pumpkin

Halloween is the official season of the Pumpkin, and we’ve brewed two delectable versions of this Fall favorite! Our darkly delicious Black Velvet variety features a richly spicy blend of pumpkin accords darkened with black coffee plus a mysterious blend of aged patchouli, vetiver and Arabian wood attars, then sweetened with sticky caramel and maple syrup and infused with just a touch of woodsmoke for extra Autumnal ambiance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration,
concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

Oh ye gods and goddesses! This is THE non-foody coffee scent to die for! Vetiver, frankincense and myrrh makes a stunning base, and the smoke adds a tinge of cold autumn air. The pumpkin is very subtle on me, and maple (which can amp like crazy) is totally subdued and just gracing the whole thing with some faint faint whisper of sweetness that never quite makes it to the surface (which is wonderful for me, since sweet foodie can turn on me very quickly these days). This one could totally be unisex.

This one reminds me of my beloved Black Cat Mojo.

Oh ye gods and goddesses! This is THE non-foody coffee scent to die for! Vetiver, frankincense and myrrh makes a stunning base, and the smoke adds a tinge of cold autumn air. The pumpkin is very subtle on me, and maple (which can amp like crazy) is totally subdued and just gracing the whole thing with some faint faint whisper of sweetness that never quite makes it to the surface (which is wonderful for me, since sweet foodie can turn on me very quickly these days). This one could totally be unisex.

What she said!!!

I can't stop sniffing my wrist... this is so perfect :heart: It's a grown-up sexy coffee/resin/pumpkin scent. I can't wait to wear it and see what Mr Perfect thinks of it! (But regardless, I'm probably getting a bottle!) Love!

Sold.

O.M.G. I. cannot. handle. this.

This is amazing. I have been hoarding LP's since 2010 and needless to say...I HAVE A FEW.

And...I'VE HAD QUITE A FEW SCENTS THAT I WOULD LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR.

But this....

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not lay down my life for this....

I WOULD KILL FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done folks. I'm cashing out all my savings, buying every last bottle of this...having them boosted with every badass phero out there (LFN, Leather, BI, Sexpionage...you name it) and hitting the road.

I need nothing else to sustain me.

Honestly, this is everything that I always wanted LP Black to be. (LP Black being the only variant I ever met that didn't work for me.) Although it doesn't exactly smell like LP Black, there's something very evocative of it to my nose. I love both of these pumpkins, I hope M rebrews these if she runs out before I can get my grabby hands on them.

Honestly, this is everything that I always wanted LP Black to be. (LP Black being the only variant I ever met that didn't work for me.) Although it doesn't exactly smell like LP Black, there's something very evocative of it to my nose. I love both of these pumpkins, I hope M rebrews these if she runs out before I can get my grabby hands on them.

Oooh, Beccah, you nailed it! I hadn't made that connection but yes -- I tried LP Black a couple of times over the years and it always regretfully doesn't quite work. This is pure sexy darkness -- sophisticated and badass at the same time.

And hi, StacyK! Yep this feels like you.

Okay, now I'm super intrigued! Black Cat Mojo AND LP Black comparisons? I have also tried LP Black on a few different occasions and it goes wonky on me but I love the smell in the bottle and wanted it to work so badly! I am also a huge fan of Black Cat Mojo. I did smell this in the trial vial and it smells fantastic! To me it was a blast of coffee vanilla pumpkin and darkness (resins). I got a sweet and sultry smell from it but i know I need to try it on me. Imight have to wash off what I'm wearing now so I can try it.

Okay, now I'm super intrigued! Black Cat Mojo AND LP Black comparisons? I have also tried LP Black on a few different occasions and it goes wonky on me but I love the smell in the bottle and wanted it to work so badly! I am also a huge fan of Black Cat Mojo. I did smell this in the trial vial and it smells fantastic! To me it was a blast of coffee vanilla pumpkin and darkness (resins). I got a sweet and sultry smell from it but i know I need to try it on me. Imight have to wash off what I'm wearing now so I can try it.

ETA: OMFG! It's like LP Black and Black Cat Mojo had a baby! Love this!!!

O.M.G. I. cannot. handle. this.

This is amazing. I have been hoarding LP's since 2010 and needless to say...I HAVE A FEW.

And...I'VE HAD QUITE A FEW SCENTS THAT I WOULD LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR.

But this....

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not lay down my life for this....

I WOULD KILL FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done folks. I'm cashing out all my savings, buying every last bottle of this...having them boosted with every badass phero out there (LFN, Leather, BI, Sexpionage...you name it) and hitting the road.

I need nothing else to sustain me.

laughing out load.

Gaaaaaah

The patch was a smidge too dark for me first few seconds wet -but very quickly the sweetness came forward and especially the maple turned it into an obvious FB. It is reminding me of C&J's treacle Trollop for obvious reasons. Bang, sexpionage, LFN all come to mind as obvious boosts

Killing me! Now I want this. Tempted before.

ETA: OMFG! It's like LP Black and Black Cat Mojo had a baby! Love this!!!

And again Edited by Cycle Kitten

This reminds me of Voracious, so yeah, then onto Jennifer's Black Cat Mojo. It's funny because for some reason I thought it might make me think of my beloved Pumpkin Shake, Rattle & Roll. BUT THAT COFFEE THO. Just the right balance of earthy, spicy and sweet, YUM. It doesn't really make me think of LP Black, maybe more OCCO Black instead.

BUT THAT COFFEE THO.

Seriously, I love coffee-based scents and I'm just happy this one is actually working on me! And I would love this on a man, because it's not too sweet. In the long drydown the pumpkin spice aspect of it is stronger, but still nicely-balanced. It is SO GOOD indeed!

Snoopy, I think you need to try this one!

• 3 weeks later...

Sniffing this wet was like someone throwing a pile of autumn leaves and caramel popcorn in my face--You like autumn, punk?!? YOU GOT AUTUMN!

Oh god, I can't imagine a more perfect fall scent!! I'm a sucker for pumpkin scents, I loveeee frank&myrrh, I love patch, I love smoke, I'm starting to realize I love maple... it's so warm and resiny and DELICIOUS! It's just perfect. Wearing this has me feeling like I'm walking around on Halloween night, bundled up nice and warm with a hot drink. Not a deep dark scent, more like candlelight... (from a jack-o-lantern perhaps? :P) I need a FB, no question. This is gonna keep me warm all fall and winter (which I really need because I'm such a weenie in the cold). LOVE IT!

Sniffing this wet was like someone throwing a pile of autumn leaves and caramel popcorn in my face--You like autumn, punk?!? YOU GOT AUTUMN!

:lol: You win the review game.

• 1 month later...

I can definitely get a sense of autumn wind coming off of this. The smoke doesn't show up on me and neither does the coffee. The maple coming out after a few beats was nice, but receded quickly. Overall this is lovely, grown-up, sophisticated, and a bit mysterious. I don't have LFN, but I would definitely pair this with LFM.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 8 months later...

In the bottle this is pumpkin spice latte. On my skin, however, the resins are really strong in a dusty/dusky sort of way. I amp patch and it is at the forefront, here. Combined with the smoke note, this is very reminiscent of burning incense. It reminds me a lot of being in high school, sitting next to a stick of burning incense and watching the smoke curl upwards. The bitterness of the coffee keeps it from going full blown incense, though. About 15 minutes in the patch is still predominant, but it starts getting sweeter from the maple. The long, long dry down is mostly maple patch, albeit slightly muted. This one is very unisex on me.

Edited by greenappletart

As I wrote to myself in my own notes:

This scent is Nightmare Before Christmas in scent form, and no one can convince me otherwise!

:smiley-laughing024:

Seriously though, I love it. It turns into a smooth, velvety, delicious pumpkin treat with a side of pumpkin spice coffee, just waiting to be nommed up. The perfect autumn delight! 

• 3 months later...

Out of the 6 or so- new to me that I’ve tried so far, I like this one the best (on me it’s still delicious) scent-wise. 

I was hoping to get more coffee scent and pumpkin, perhaps it’s there, but this goes all spicy? On me. Still love it...Big Smile

Yum :) Spicy? and the Maple :)

On 11/17/2017 at 11:15 AM, asterism said:

Oh god, I can't imagine a more perfect fall scent!! I'm a sucker for pumpkin scents, I loveeee frank&myrrh, I love patch, I love smoke, I'm starting to realize I love maple... it's so warm and resiny and DELICIOUS! It's just perfect. Wearing this has me feeling like I'm walking around on Halloween night, bundled up nice and warm with a hot drink. Not a deep dark scent, more like candlelight... (from a jack-o-lantern perhaps? :P) I need a FB, no question. This is gonna keep me warm all fall and winter (which I really need because I'm such a weenie in the cold). LOVE IT!

I love your descriptions! 

I think this one would be wonderful with LFN or UN Dominance. 

Edited by amoradrianam

I didn’t wash this one off last night because I read somewhere on here someone said it was even better the next day, but mine got all eaten up! 

So excited to try more today- so far this one is top of my list for FB :)