Cloven Sand

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1318512084_oe3t.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

There’s a hint of devilish mischief in his smile

even as he might be acting proper all the while.

It’s always those who charm their way into high society

reeking of propriety

yet possess an undefinable allure lurking beneath

like a shadow.

A conflagration dampened to embers

seeming to imbue him with a glow

is it the mystery which leads you to take his hand

as he invites you to places you should never go.

But this is all merely fantasy

for the Devil surely has better things to do

then lounge among the decadents

no longer bothering to hide his malevolence

you can smell the fire of his words and deeds.

And the heat is so inviting

that you decide to stop fighting

and cozy up to his sinful propositions.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh lord, this is good!!! Totally unisex!!! Super silky and well blended with all my fave notes. Go ahead and delude yourself that you are buying it for him. My bet is you will keep it for yourself. Ask me how I know.

Tee-hee-hee.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we talk about how Vincent is looking suave AF on this label? *fans self*

:666:

I thought this might remind me of Carpe Noctum a bit and it does, but the sandalwood is definitely the star. Much like with Sable Vert I am loving how this is all about the sandalwood, exquisitely smooth and deep. The clove and spices sort of hover above the sandalwood, extruding tentacles of darkness, heh. It has a really nice balance, but I don't get any smokiness from it, so it's not like Allumette, at least not to me. This is unisex but I would say definitely in line with what guys prefer in fragrance in that it has a sort of clean neutrality but also a warm sophisticated allure.

• 4 months later...

Love this one so so much. So well blended, very sexy and deep and nice and smokey on me, just as I was hoping it would be. The wood elements are gorgeous, silky smooth, and so very rich. Feels like getting dolled up and drinking a whiskey alone at a fancy hotel bar. Did I mention I love this one? I'd gotten a trial vial to test if I'd like to get a full bottle for my husband, but I'm (not) sorry to say that's def not happening. This one is all me.

Oh lord, this is good!!! Totally unisex!!! Super silky and well blended with all my fave notes. Go ahead and delude yourself that you are buying it for him. My bet is you will keep it for yourself. Ask me how I know.

:001_302: I am thinking the same thing! I'd love this on a guy, but I love it on myself just as much. I'm a huge fan of oak and this fragrance doesn't overdo it on the spice.

Sandalwood and Vanilla do fabulous in rounding the sharper notes out.

Smoke is that 'extra' whenever I feel like sending a message, or just a touch of badass.

love.

• 1 year later...

I tried this Cloven Sand when it first came out, and then again to compare it to the more recent one. It stayed pretty true to how it first was. I'm not sure why, but this one has absolutely no throw on me. I thought I hadn't applied enough, so tried adding more, but that help, either. What I can smell is a slightly dusty clove scent. If I hold my wrist/elbow up to my nose, I can get the sandalwood. As others have said, it is unisex and would smell good on a guy. As it dries down more, the patchouli takes over, though I still can't smell anything unless I'm within 3-4 inches of the application point.