Tyvey's Saturday in Hermosa

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyHermosa.jpg
Tyvey's Saturday in Hermosa
A lovely combination of intense aromas...Bulgarian rose otto, essence of cacao, cardamom and sea salt. The result is a beautiful sandy rose scent, with a hint of darkest cocoa on the bottom, and that slightly boozy quality that accompanies an extract of that kind. Rose lovers, take note!

I knew it, I knew it! when it first arrived it was a very loud (not a bad thing - it's a stunning rose) and occasionally pointy rose-fest - so I knew if I let it sit and have a think, it would settle and harmonize ... and it has! Wet, it's still rose-forward but the rose is now softer - feels warm and snuggly like a wool blanket on bare skin at dusk. Through drydown the cacao comes out, NOT sweet, just as I wanted - you wouldn't necessarily pick it out but it seems to be smoothing out the rose and gives it a shade of mystery. It is fascinatingly elegant and casual/approachable at once, like someone sitting in a ballgown and sweatshirt on the beach just past golden hour. Yes, NOBODY captures a mood like Mara!! My skin is dry today so it's swallowing it up fast but it is SO pretty and moody... can't wait to go home and slather again...

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely a "sandy rose" scent on me, and as such is lovely. A more soft and delicate rose, but still with that particular depth which rose otto has as a note. Really pretty, I would recommend it for someone who prefers a floral on the softer side.