Time Travel: 2264- Distant Planets

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1370814488_sf59.jpg

Time Travel: 2264- Distant Planets

For the first time in the history of a particular race of intrepid time-travelers, the thirteenth iteration of a certain custodian will be making HER debut this Christmas. And so we wish her well as she sets off upon that shining path in a dimension-bending craft through time and space and circumstance and companions, celebrating with our truly unique and wondrous fragrance which is the essence of spacedust and sunshine and all the familiar elements of a well-told story of adventurous fantasy so many have enjoyed the world over. Come along on this journey to distant planets across the universe with our imaginative blend of Petrichor, BLUE Chamomile, Cactus Fruit (because, c'mon, it totally comes from outer space), Tangerine EO (because you need orange juice to make a screwdriver), Oud (Oud for the Ood!), Sandalwood and Myrrh (the scent of dusty old things).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you Wendy and Patrina for imagining this scent with me! :D I LOVE how it turned out!!

I'm not a Whovian (though I'm a life-long lover of sci-fi) but I was really intrigued by the idea of this one, not the least of which because I'm all for the notion of fan-based tributes and the like and I think perfume is a great medium for that sort of thing. :thumbup:

In the vial I primarily get the fruity aspect and it's really bright and cheerful. On me, however, it's more chamomile and resins and that's so calming and comforting. It's making me want to take a nap and I just got up! (Well, it's been a few hours, but still.) It really is something I would have never imagined would be combined and it works in its' own unique way. I'm hoping that with aging I might get the fruitiness as an opener because that's such a nice quality too. Otherwise though I'd totally wear this as a sleep scent. But I'm really interested to know how it works on other people.

ETA: in the long drydown this becomes a soft powdery resin scent on me.

I'm not a Whovian, either, but this is a fun scent! You guys did great! It smells both cool and dusty, which I never could have imagined. I kind of get the blue chamomile, if I concentrate. I'm not getting any tangerine or cactus fruit. I think it could be a unisex scent, unless the fruit comes out more. Right now, it's very cool and almost has a metallic tang...

I have tried this one four separate times and each time, it seems a little (or a lot) different than the last. I am guessing the first time I tried it, it was still in travel shock mode. It was very fruity but when I put it on the fruit disappeared quickly and it was this soft resin scent. Each time since, I have gotten more of the fruit and it's lasted longer (the fruit scent). The second time, the cactus fruit seemed more prevalent and the third time the tangerine was more prevalent. I wore it on Saturday, the fruit was blended well together and a lot stronger. Each time, this settles into this soft skin resin scent. The oud is probably the strongest note, to me anyway. I love oud. It is really balanced out though by everything else. It isn't an overpowering resin scent. It isn't an overpowering sweet fruit scent. It seems to morph into different scents depending on the day or maybe the time. (See what I did there?) I love it! This is seriously BRILLIANT! I absolutely love everything about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Bumping this because it's in the sale! 

I have a vial of this. If you are a Dr Who fan, or if you just love puzzling through notes, you CANNOT miss Time Travel: 2264.  This is so unique and it's fun picking out all the different notes and Dr. Who references in the description. I smell both the brightness of fruit (which feels new) but the dustiness of old things ... I love that juxtaposition of the old and new together, very fitting to the theme. It seems to morph depending on what you're looking for when you smell it. Who knew one little vial could hold so many different scents? I guess it must be bigger on the inside...   😉

I don't think I've ever smelled this combination of notes before, but it somehow still works...as mysterious and all-encompassing as the time Vortex itself.  Even if this scent isn't "you", I'd recommend picking up a trial vial. Smelling this is like an olfactory journey...which I guess is kind of the point.