Time Travel: Year One

il_fullxfull.1418093483_fmlt.jpg

It’s a little-known fact that the Romans were actually the first to create pheromone-enhanced products! When the gladiators completed their staged battles in the Colosseum, they would be bathed in oils which were then scraped off the skin and used as an ingredient in skin creams for women. Gladiator Sweat was thought to be good for the complexion, as a sexual attractant and aiding in conception. Thus we now pay tribute to our pheromone pioneers with a combination of fragrance ingredients from that ancient epoch...weighty and resinous, featuring a bold blend of amber and cedar with touches of tangerine and sweetheart rose, storax and honey. The unisex charms of this scent are furthered with a dose of our exclusive PERFECT MATCH pheromone formula, a 'soulmate' type of blend that both sexes can wear. Promotes attraction, trust, communication, conquering of nervousness and happy, good-time mood elevation. Reminds established couples of that first blush of new love, complete with butterflies in the tummy!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely bold, I will say. To me, this is quite masculine. The amber and the cedar together are sort of spicy, almost, even a tad astringent, like there's pine in there somewhere. Not that I think there is, it's just that same sort of bracing quality in a way. Underneath that there is a quality that I'm getting from the honey - it's sort of hard to describe but I know that's what it is, if that makes sense. But it's adding a weight to the whole rather than any kind of sweetness or even smutty evocation. The tangerine is a tangy top note, but it's not sweet, you just get that citrus zing! in the top. I would recommend this more to guys, but if you are curious it's certainly worth it for anyone to get a trial vial.

I'm never usually a fan of storax, but the amber, honey, cedar, and rose really make this wearable for me! It is more on the manly side, but warm and comforting to me. I'm going to have Mr Perfect try this one, too!

OMG, this is amazing. I didn't know that rose could be masculine, but this, to me, is a masculine scent. It's actually what I would call an "everything I ever wanted" perfume. I didn't know I was missing this in my life, thankfully this need will be filled. Its perfect. There have been a few "everything I've ever wanted" perfect perfumes here in LP Heaven, and this one is dwarfing them all in my mind at the moment.

Not any man could wear Year One though, only the kind of man you'd want to cuddle with on the sofa. Perfect Match is the best possible phero choice for this smooth sexy blend. I haven't yet smelled anything that was paired with PM that I didn't love. I'm absolutely buying this for my man. If he doesn't love it, I'd happily wear it myself. He is a fan of women's perfumes with amber, so I could see either of us huffing this one off of the other. I pick up the suggestion of pine that Mara mentioned, I think that's part of what makes it masculine. I honestly don't get any citrus, but I have eaten most of a pineapple, two mangos, and two oranges so far today. I consume massive quantities of citrus on the regular, I can eat 5 lb. of cuties or Sumatra mandarins in a day, no problem. I'm also perpetually dispersing tangerine, orange, rosemary and clove at the yoga studio, so I think my skin might already smell like tangerines. I hope the citrus doesn't amp on my man, he'd be afraid to wear it, fearing that I'd eat him in his sleep.

We already have a rule, my man cannot wear Mark's Girl Nip if I'm not with him. There's going to be a rule with Year One. If we break up, he has to give it back to me. We could possibly negotiate over the kitten John Snow, Year One is non-negotiable.

Edit: Made him put it on after his shower and before dinner. 90 minutes later, it smells completely different on him than it did on me. No rose, nothing sweet, a manly cedar and a little resinous. I'm so surprised! Buying it for him, but could end up as mine, I liked it better on me.

ONE HOUR LATER : the amber and rose are back! #winning

Edited by Eastwood22

• 5 weeks later...

In the bottle, I get that sort of pine scent, but it dies down almost instantly as soon as it hits my skin. To the point where I reapplied because I was afraid I hadn't shaken the sample enough. Luckily, I was home so it didn't matter that I was practically drowning in the stuff. But once again, as soon as it hit my skin it totally mellowed out and became far less masculine.

On me, it is subdued and just a hint on the masculine side of unisex, but extremely wearable for a woman. Even though it doesn't have sandalwood, it gives me much of the same sensory impression sandalwood does. It has that same sort of dry woodiness that feels almost papery and dusty, while still seeming warm. It carries the same textural impression as fancy paper that is trying to mimic vellum.

It reminds me of being in a wooden cabin that still has a faintly lingering scent of the wood it was constructed with. It's not a strong scent, but there in the background with the other ingredients lending a feminizing edge just enough to soften it. It ends up being extremely unisex. The honey rounds it out, leaving a trace I could still smell ~10 hours later.

If I had to sum this scent up in one word, it would be smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

My man just put this on. He said, "Oh, wow, this smells good! Why haven't you told me to put this on before?"

Um, okay. My bad.

• 5 months later...

Hey you busy shoppers, Year One is awesome. I'd back up mine except it's currently my man's. But you should snag one of these, it's really cool and it's PM, fer fucks sake.

• 1 month later...

we are really looking forward to trying this one ? we loves the roses

is it a distinct note?  or very well-blended into the whole?

51 minutes ago, skydancer said:

we are really looking forward to trying this one ? we loves the roses

is it a distinct note?  or very well-blended into the whole?

This one is very unique, very well blended, and changes minute by minute. I can't wait to hear your take on it. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:03 AM, Eastwood22 said:

it's really cool and it's PM, fer fucks sake.

i would love to hear your experience with PM  :heart:

@skydancer I'm just a responder to this blend, I like the sexier intent stuff on me and the cuddly stuff on him. I feel like the description for Perfect Match on the LP website is dead on. PM has the pheros that promote bonding and communication, a-nol and b-nol, which are what make TMI and the other truth serum type blends when mixed in different ratios. I can't speak on the other 3 ingredients, but the DHEAS adds the upbeat vibe and maybe lends to a little giddiness/silliness. it's just got that good lovey dovey perfect-for-each-other thing happening. I'm not sure, but I'm sure a forum vet  (@luna65 @halo0073) could tell us, there used to be a blend called "Soulmate?" I don't know if that was a blend of Mara's, but I think PM could be called Soulmate. I don't wear it, really, my man does, and I respond better to it than the heavier sexual blends. We like to talk and play games and tell jokes. I think that one ingredient, Androstadienone, isn't good in copious continual quantities if a man tends to suffer from depression, but I don't know that, I've only seen it mentioned. I think it helps women relax/settle down, but don't quote me on any of this, I can barely see the top of the phero iceberg from where I'm lounging. I just know PM works for us. I'm also a big responder to SWS! I know that it's supposed to be for trust and confidence at work, but my man says it's his #1 "get lucky" phero. 

9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'm not sure, but I'm sure a forum vet  (@luna65 @halo0073) could tell us, there used to be a blend called "Soulmate?" I don't know if that was a blend of Mara's, but I think PM could be called Soulmate.

Yes, Soulmate was a blend for women, it was only used in a few fragrances.  PM was a replacement for it, but is unisex.

22 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@skydancer I'm just a responder to this blend, I like the sexier intent stuff on me and the cuddly stuff on him. I feel like the description for Perfect Match on the LP website is dead on. PM has the pheros that promote bonding and communication, a-nol and b-nol, which are what make TMI and the other truth serum type blends when mixed in different ratios. I can't speak on the other 3 ingredients, but the DHEAS adds the upbeat vibe and maybe lends to a little giddiness/silliness. it's just got that good lovey dovey perfect-for-each-other thing happening. I'm not sure, but I'm sure a forum vet  (@luna65 @halo0073) could tell us, there used to be a blend called "Soulmate?" I don't know if that was a blend of Mara's, but I think PM could be called Soulmate. I don't wear it, really, my man does, and I respond better to it than the heavier sexual blends. We like to talk and play games and tell jokes. I think that one ingredient, Androstadienone, isn't good in copious continual quantities if a man tends to suffer from depression, but I don't know that, I've only seen it mentioned. I think it helps women relax/settle down, but don't quote me on any of this, I can barely see the top of the phero iceberg from where I'm lounging. I just know PM works for us. I'm also a big responder to SWS! I know that it's supposed to be for trust and confidence at work, but my man says it's his #1 "get lucky" phero. 

thank you for this i appreciate all of the good information 

i will have to try this out with him wearing the perfect match and see how this goes - all of the scents with it sound amazing

i do not have much experience with the various socials - other than magnet which i had an older bottle of and loved!

it had an ingredient that smelled like over-ripe fruit - it took me home to hawaii in a heartbeat and the happy girl i was 

does anyone know what this may be and if i can still order some of it?  the over-ripe fruit one?  it was awesomesauce!

made me sooo happy and everyone else around me

• 4 months later...

Quite some time ago I traded something, maybe Lumine D'Terra or something equally manly and scrumptious, to my man to get his Year One for myself. It just smells so much better on me, we both agreed, he amps woods to the high heavens.

We spent a chilly night in a cabin in the woods next to a river, Year One seemed like the perfect compliment. I put it on and pretty much forgot about it as we high tailed it to he Mountain to go snowboarding. After a long day and disrobing from my heavy outer garments in the car, I smelled so good. Year One just changes and changes, but gets better by the hour. We both kept getting little hits of it on the way home. I just put more on post-shower, but I can't wait to see how good it is in 6 hours! 

Has anyone paired this with an OCCO? I don't want to mess it up but adding a little cops always seems to be appreciated around here. I'm going to try a little OCCO Black.

Edited by Eastwood22