Time Travel: 1969

il_fullxfull.1370821924_dx6d.jpg

During the Aquarian expansion of consciousness which was the late 1960s we were working on a groovy thing, baby. Society had become more permissive, the youth more experimental, and popular culture totally far-out, man! Fashion and fragrance followed the trend of rock n’roll, borrowing from more exotic regions, and created a riot of psychedelic color and style. Our unisex tribute is a Love-In, Be-In, Hippie Happening in a bottle...boozy vanilla extract, aged patchouli resin, clove bud and clove EOs, cannabis accord, Indian black musk attar, Egyptian musk and sandalwood with a sprinkle of brown sugar. And to truly let the sunshine in we’ve included the happy harmony of our exclusive OPEN WINDOWS formula, our most popular social blend! Works equally well for both Women and Men. Lends an air of friendly approachability and magnetic attraction. Mood elevating, makes people feel good to be around you. Fans of our Age of Aquarius and Somebody to Love scents will positively flip their wigs, can you dig it?!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

VANILLA EXTRACT ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
CANNABIS ~ The ceremonial, ritual and medical use of marijuana dates back over 5,000 years. Variously used as a love potion, to deflect the power of witches, for communication with the spiritual realm, divination, luck and protection from evil.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

I ordered a trial vial of this. and so far am loving it! I will report back later after I've had more time with it.

I honestly was not expecting to really like it. I mostly just had to have it for the name and the label - perhaps not the most rational reason, but, there you have it.

It is definitely unisex on me, it does not tip into a masculine scent. Happily, the patchouli does not take over, however, after I've showered, the only facet left on my skin from it is.... yep. patchouli. But. that's okay.

I find it clean, soft and comforting. I've been nuzzling my wrist quite a bit! A better description will have to wait for a later time.

Oooooh I love this! The patchouli and vanilla extract are to die for! It's so luscious and deep and sexy. Resinous and musky and naughty but also the sweetness gives it an almost velvety decadence. It's a wealthy boho who has the best of everything and is always up for a good time. I appreciate this in the same way I enjoy Totem: Wolf, which is for the atmosphere of a particular type of personality, that it is so evocative and multi-dimensional. I agree this is unisex but it has a very masculine aura to me even so. The person I picture when I sniff this is a guy I wanna groove with, yeah baby. Like, let's paint each others' bodies and eat strawberries and dance naked to some CCR outside on the lawn kind of grooving.

I’ve discovered I really like patchouli scents, so I made sure to try this before giving it to Mr Perfect. First on, it was deliciously deep and sexy. It was never “b.o.” patchouli. The vanilla really smoothed it out. It stayed with me for a few hours, then towards the end of the day, all I could smell was the Egyptian musk, lol. I love that too, so it really worked out for me!

I’ve discovered I really like patchouli scents, so I made sure to try this before giving it to Mr Perfect. First on, it was deliciously deep and sexy. It was never “b.o.” patchouli. The vanilla really smoothed it out. It stayed with me for a few hours, then towards the end of the day, all I could smell was the Egyptian musk, lol. I love that too, so it really worked out for me!

But what did Mr. Perfect think?

But what did Mr. Perfect think?

He didn’t say anything about it on me. But I barely saw him that day, lol

I left it on the bathroom counter for him to try it but I don’t know if he has yet. I thought it was super cool because he was born in 1969!

I thought it was super cool because he was born in 1969!

I was born in 69, my parents were going to name me "Daughter of Love." Thankfully only my middle name is love.

I am ordering a trial of this for my man. He likes Liquid Shadow, but only after the chocolate dies down. I'm hoping that it's similar to Liquid Shadow without the coffee and cocoa. (Luna am I aiming in the right direction here?) There are too many scrumptious LP's to settle for one that isn't quite right. I'm noticing that he took his Open Arms to visit with his family for a week but left both bottles of Girl Nip behind. He's back to Decent Man status. Not Very Good Man yet though, he did not hang that shelf I asked him to hang before he left!

Edited by Eastwood22

I'll have to compare the two, I can't recall any similarity off the top of my head.

No similarity here. Just shows how much I know about reading perfume notes and interpreting that into a corresponding smell, which is clearly very little.

I have no green scents, this just smells green to me. Not like fresh clean spring green, more like very green vegetables. Healthy vegetables. Like perhaps what my kids assume straight kale smoothies would taste like. All I smelled for the first hour was the cannabis. But not a "Oh this smells so good, I'm just gonna stick my head in this trash bag full of 10 lb. of weed for a while, don't mind me," smell, more like, "this house blew up when these guys were making hash oil and the firemen soaked these buckets of marijuana plants with water, and now that the police caution tape has been removed I'm peering into these buckets of weed" smell. But that was an hour ago. It's mellowed and it's a calm smooth patchouli now. An hour ago I absolutely would not have given this sample to my man, I'll let him try it. He's done sound for several bands in Northern CA, "Behind the Green Curtain," at private harvest season parties. This will be perfect!

Has he worked a CRB gig? I could see them playing something like that (and taking half their fee in trade). :lol:

Yes, but not a private show, at Terrapin in San Rafael, they play there a lot. The private shows are usually one guy bankrolling a band to come play so that everyone who came for the popular band will also have to watch his band.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...