Private Editions for DECEMBER 2017

Two new PEs this month, both by Store customers!

Since there is only 2 new ones, I am going to post them on Etsy today, along with what is left from last month's PE supply.

AD-PE-NealRush.jpg

Neal's Rush

Neal likes vanilla, and asked for something dry and soft and unisex. We smelled a bunch of perfumes together and settled on combining elements of some LP faves like Bad Boy and Unisexy. He LOVED the result, which I crafted from 4 kinds of vanilla (all non-foody), plus tonka bean (a manly vanilla smell), soft sweet musk, sandalwood, oak, and a single drop of tobacco.

8 bottles available

AD-PE-SallyDE.jpg

Sally's Daytime Elegance

Sally came all the way from Canada to visit our shop! She asked for something soft and white that she could wear every day, along the lines of LP White. We combined non-foody vanilla, soft sandalwood and powdery oakmoss over a base of white tea, and added just a tiny bit of tangerine eo for a citrus spark on top.

7 bottles available

il_570xN.953612530_54bz.jpg

Rebrew of Carolyn's Nile Spice

Available now on Etsy

If I had anything resembling impulse control, I'd say they sound lovely and leave it at that, or maybe grab my man a bottle of Neal's Rush. But since I'm still me, I have to add, it seems like it would be an all around sexy vanilla for not only a modern day warrior but also for the working man.

It's amazing. Rush was one of the first harder rock bands my juvenile self absorbed. Tell me there's a Magic Man PE out there somewhere? Heart's Little Queen was the first album I ever bought with my own dollars, quarters, and dimes.

Oh dear. This will not stand. Something must be done to remedy this disturbing revelation. If there was a type of synesthesia (sensory perceptions colliding, like words being perceived as having colors), I would really like to know the smells of certain bass lines and guitar solos.

Anns voice is also like Gentleman Jack on a cold night for me. Not that I drink anymore but she also has that grounding note that says relax, get still, we got this.

I would say that Ann's voice is like lemon, sugar and cinnamon.

On thursday nights I teach a yoga class called Rockasana, which is a year by year "Dari's opinion" best rock songs that one could play in yoga class. Now, I do own the studio, so I'm pretty sure "Girlfriend in a Coma" isn't generally considered yoga music, but fuck it. I won't fire me. Tonight was 1987 so I did add in Heart's Alone to wrap up all the Prince and INXS and Cure and Patti Smith and Depeche Mode and Siouxsie and whatnot. So I just re-listened to it for a scent comparison and I got nothing. No idea. All I get is "purple, round, smooth, & circular." Those are not scents! I understand the reference to lemon and cinnamon, though. The word mahogany comes to mind, but I have no idea what that smells like.

I'll just keep making set lists, I'm glad you guys are in charge of the perfumes now.

@johnsonlisa, I have 21 years now. I have no idea how that happened, that's a really long ass time as far as I'm concerned.

All I get is "purple, round, smooth, & circular." Those are not scents!

Yes they are!!!

Soft and round or hard and round?

hard glossy round purple might be lavender and amber

soft fuzzy round might be like Myrrh Merlot

Yes they are!!!

Soft and round or hard and round?

hard glossy round purple might be lavender and amber

soft fuzzy round might be like Myrrh Merlot

I'll have to check out Myrrh Merlot today then, I'd say soft purple way before hard, but maybe glossy more than fuzzy. Amber for sure. No lavender in her voice. The feeling is more like the smoothness of very expensive very well made wooden furniture, a furniture company that's been in one family for a long time and each piece takes months to make and the artist signs the piece somewhere. There's a company called Thomas Moser that makes furniture like that. It might not look so amazing in pictures but if you go into the store, it seems like a really good idea to caress and pet all the wood. Not polished glossy, but velvety smooth wood.

https://www.thosmoser.com/product/cumberland-table/

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

My man just texted me that the band he's working for tonight keeps teasing Tom Sawyer. I didn't know!

Neil Peart, Rush Drummer Who Set a New Standard for Rock Virtuosity, Dead at 67

Being a percussionist (I played in a jazz band for years as well as an orchestra) he was always someone I looked to.  The man had an insane amount of talent.