Carolyn's Winter Queen

Beccah

AD-PE-CarolynWQ.jpg

This one was really fun to make and will be fun to wear too! Carolyn asked for something womanly and queenly and based on Frozen's Elsa. She wanted it minty cold but left the rest to me, so weeeeeee! Crafted of Winter pear, pine, peppermint, plum and edelweiss, with frosted sugar on top and powdery white amber in the base.

• 1 month later...

Wet I get a nice cool blast of mint and pine. The mint fades quickly as always. Why must all my favorite notes be tricky too notes? The pine is pretty strong and unlike the mint it does not really fade as much. After 20 minutes the other greenery has shown up and the powdery amber. And I get the hint of pear. Hmm. I liked it much better wet.

While this one has the same kind of feel as Stocking Stuffer, it seems to be sweeter. Its got a bit of brightness, due to the pear, I think. Its so pretty - I think I like it even better than Stocking Stuffer. ?

This does have a wintery freshness to it, on me it goes from the mint/green to a slightly more fruity impression, it's really nice. I like it more than I thought I might in that I'm really enjoying the crisp fresh kind vibe this has. I think I'd be more apt to wear this in the summertime because it's so refreshing, much the same as I would with Xuehua Xing. This is yet another case of Mara making me like something I always assume I'm not going to like!

• 3 weeks later...

This is yet another case of Mara making me like something I always assume I'm not going to like!

Me too, I received a free sample in my order that arrived today. It's one of those scents I can't imagine someone finding offensive. Not to say its bland, its kind of a 'spa' scent to my nose. It is invigorating. I'll have to give it a better go when I'm not walking around in a cloud of Bad Girl!