The Big Easy w/ Teddy BB

il_fullxfull.1454320697_4xy0.jpg

Not just a city, but a state of mind...return with us now to the perfect place to take it easy... New Orleans is a region unlike any the world over: grandly cosmopolitan, tenaciously enduring, with a bounty of hospitality and good-time gusto for visitors and natives alike. We pay tribute to the city’s iconic status with this unisex scented interpretation of the traditional colors of Mardi Gras – purple, green and gold - which gives a whole new meaning to that famous sobriquet, in spray form so you can create a cloud of ease wherever you go. Containing comforting varieties of purple lavender (resinous and EO types), calming golden chamomile and soothing clary sage and green basil, with a dash of mellow mint and a drop of amber in the base. This is a lavender herbal fragrance with an aromatherapy aura, both refreshing and relaxing. For further comfort and joy we’ve added a dose of our exclusive TEDDY BB pheromone blend, which encourages camaraderie between men, and a comforting, placating and protective feeling in women. A fab unisex blend!

Scent: Soothing aromatherapy style herbal scent.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.
CLARY SAGE ~ Enhances visions.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

This version seems fairly more herbal to me than the previous version, but the amber gives it a smooth almost powdery finish. In the vial I get more of the sage and the basil, but on my skin it's a nice blending of the lavender and chamomile. I do think this is nicely unisex in that there's no sweetness to it, it has more of a spa aura going on, though it's not intense in terms of the way the scent evolves and wears. It's relaxing because it has a relaxing kind of progression as it melds with your skin. I tend to be sensitive to lavender - sometimes it might be too much for me, but this blending is very smooth and mellow. I would totally spray my pillow with this for bedtime!

Oh wow this version is definitely different to me in that I really couldnt wear the original. One or a combo of the more herbal notes just set me on edge which is of course opposite of the intent. In the Vial I thought this would be similar because the basil with the sage was reading strongly dill to me. And while I love to eat dill, I do not want to smell like it. But I took a chance and poured a big dollop on my hand and spread it between both of the backs of my hands. Very quickly that uber greenery gave way to a lavender mixed with chamomile that I found interesting. Im a lavender Ho. There really arent any that I dont like except super fakey sweet lavender fragrance oils used in wax and candles. Nothing that Mara the artiste would use. An hour+ later this remains a soft powdery lavender chamomile and its startkng to go a teensy bit sweet on me. Not candy sweet or even fruity level sweet, but like an expensive cosmeceutical skincare line sold at expensive spas and plastic surgeons. A little old fashioned European Night cream but without being annoying at all. It makes me want to inhale deeply every time I sniff it. It is literally forcing me to relax by way of taking deep cleansing breaths. Nice trick. Add that to the relaxing qualities of lavender, chamomile and Teddy BB and this is Valium in a perfume bottle. Think Ill be going full bottle on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Heathers lavender reviews!

Im not doing a side-by-side, but this is a bit different than the original. I like it just as well, though. I love the mint in this one. The lavender isnt as forward as the original. Im so into spa scents while Im waiting for Spring. This is perfect for today. ?

With the original, the phero would eventually peek through on me. Ill update if that happens with this one.

Awww thank you. I decided that Im buying a FB of this one instead of the soft and cozy PE. Pretty sure I have that name wrong. Snuggly maybe? Lol. The Big Easy has snuck into my heart and I think about it a lot and want to wear it a ton. Thats a sure sign

• 1 month later...

Ok. Now I have to say I originally had 5 or 6 bottles of the original. I'm down to 1 1/2 now.

I like this '18 version. The whole general feel and fragrance (not going note by note) is the same so thats a big win for me. There are just some LPs that although we may not be able to have the exact same notes the overall vibe and scent, for me, are more key to reproducing. Sometimes its just all about the mojo.

I love this as a vehicle for Teddy. Its mood elevating and relaxing. I get that EASY relaxed vibe. All is right with the world and in order ahh...

The main difference, scentwise this version comes off a bit cleaner and has a soapy edge to it. The former having a more herbal/clean'ish scent. Sages usally fall into one of 3 catagories for me; Beach/clean, soapy or herbal.

As with the original, I'm loving this. A win. :)

I love wearing my Big E.

Though I'd love this as a wax melt too. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 5 months later...

I loved this the first time I  wore it because it smelled so great. I'm not sure what happened after that... Now it smells nice on my pillow, and I put it on a scarf, today. It was very relaxing and I fall asleep peacefully when I use it like that. But I have to keep it off my skin ?.

ETA: I just put some in my oil warmer. Tbh, probably a little too much. My dropper wouldn't fit (I had a very narrow one laying around, somewhere. I usually keep them together), so I tried to tip it just enough that only a few drops would come out, but I think like 8-10 came out, instead (thought I had a good method when I got one to come out, tried for to more and suddenly, a rush of them came out). ?

So, I'll need to buy more TBE for my experiment, because if I can't find my dropper, I'll run through this one too quickly, as well. Who am I kidding, I'll run through it, regardless, since I like the oil warmer method so much. :smiley-laughing024:

I doubt my slight headache is caused by this, since I think it's so little (I don't think 8 drops would have that effect), I've been looking at screens all day, so that probably isn't helping. ?

Anyway, I'll be trying this with Elementary, as well if I don't find my scent locket soon. I went digging around for it, today. I can't find either (I have a cute, small, heart shaped one, and a larger star shaped one. The big one is housing some Blue lace agate I'm going to make a necklace out of, when I get enough, so I really, really want to find it quickly) . I have a few ideas for where they could be, but since they wren't in the drawers or my usual case, I think they're in cases I used to rotate.  

Edited by SugarKitten
I did a thing and mostly, I like it.

• 4 months later...

This is another one that just becomes part of my skin. I enjoy this one a bit. It reminds me of something I can’t quite put my finger on. 

Does Teddy BB make your senses sharper? 

I feel like my senses heightened (very cool) when I put it on.

I haven’t had it on long maybe 15minutes? 

I am all of the sudden feeling so nauseous I need to wash off. 

Washed off- I was feeling just fine, then really bad nausea, and not just nausea, but I think if I had kept it on 5 min longer I would have literally been throwing up :( It happened fast.

Was worried because of how it soaked into my skin that may still feel bad, but after wash off within minutes I am feeling much better. Wow :/ 

I will test this again sometime. at least I know if it happens again I can simply wash it off and feel fine.

Wanted to love this one, but all I get is mint even when I sprayed on my shirt. -_- Mint and Teddy BB feel incongruent to me because Teddy BB = sleep and mint = awake

• 2 weeks later...

I slathered this today.  It didn't smell the way I thought it would.  It was really pleasant smooth and mellow.  I could see this as an unobtrusive work scent because it is so fresh and clean smelling.  It reminds me of cocoamama, but simpler.

Now the phero.... men were ok.  It made both genders really comfortable, friendly, and chatty, but its effect on women creeped me out.  I got more hits from women than men.  Like a lot of hits.  And women were waaay too familiar for my liking.  This is definitely a social and it works, but I am not sure how I feel about the over familiarity with women.  It was kind of shocking.

• 1 month later...

I grabbed this one, thinking it was the Original. 

I like this rendition. But, not as much as the original. Except for the lavender, I am not sure which note it is, there is a note that is very bright on my skin. It tends to overtake the scent and me. Its not terrible. But, it pokes at me. It can get intrusive.

Fragrance wise this version is not as soothing on my skin. But, it is restorative.

That pokey note makes it a bit more invigorating which is ok. But not quite the effect I was looking for based off the origional.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

This one grew on me.  Both the fragrance and the phero.  It has this rich earthy almost cologne scent without being too masculine.  And it still had the same effect.  It made men friendly and women just really open and friendly towards me.  Many were still very familiar, but I was able to steer it a bit better today.