Summer of Sin

salomewilde

" She awaits him in the deserted cove, the edge of the waves lapping at her naked feet. The full moon rises overhead, casting an eerie illumination there, at the edge of the world. The night is sultry, hot. She begins to sing, throaty and passionate, willing him to come to her. The thick scents of Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter permeate the air, Papaya and Pineapple only seem to accentuate the heat. From the shadows of the breaking waves, he comes. You can taste the passion as the weather threatens to explode around them. Welcome to your Summer of Sin. A sultry summer potion ~ erotic, buttery oils, cool tropical fruit, and sizzling heat."

In the bottle: Thick cocoa butter and kukui top note. Papaya is relaxing in the middle with what I swear is mango.

On skin: Kukui papaya. And pineapple. A rich pina colada served in a hurricane glass rimmed with cocoa dust.

Drydown: Stays consistent. The fruit notes are reminiscent of Mermaids, but the overall effect is totally different. This mermaid is less a deep sea nymph and more a Tahitian princess. I love summer :D

I've just got to say that this smells lickable and I'm glad to have a big bottle :) Cheers!

• 5 months later...

This is not one that I would chose on my own, but I got it as a freebie with my order. Now I'm so glad I did! I sure hope it's not endangered/extinct already.

This is fresh and sweet and as salomewilde has already stated "lickable"

Fresh fruity and bright. There's a middle note that keeps it all together, but I can't pick out exactly what it is. But it keeps it from being TOO sweet. The perfect scent for the middle of a rainy winter.

This is nice.....like a high-end suntan lotion almost......I really like the fruitiness that tops the coconut smell.....it keeps the coconut from being over-powering. I would definitely wear this on a summer vacation, or even at work if I wanted that "beach vacation" feeling.....

I, too, received this as a freebie sample in my recent order. And, it is quite the upscale suntan oil, with lovely cocoa butter and coconut oil. This is one to slather on and then enjoy basking in the scent-memories of a lovely beach vacation. I love the fruity notes of papaya and pineapple! Yum!

That is EXACTLY what Linnea was going for with this scent. A scent that would bring you right back to your sultry vacation on the beach.

:)

I may have to get a bottle of this specifically for when we go to the beach this year......I think that also Mermaids of Atlantis would probably serve well for that purpose.....

• 3 months later...

Dolly was kind enough to send me a sample of this with my soap order, so I finally got to try it - YAY and BIG thanks to Dolly.

Needless to say, I love it. I've got nothing to add to the reviews here, but want to add my vote of confidence.

I will be ordering a big bottle of this very soon :wub:

May

Dolly was kind enough to send me a sample of this with my soap order, so I finally got to try it - YAY and BIG thanks to Dolly.

Needless to say, I love it. I've got nothing to add to the reviews here, but want to add my vote of confidence.

I will be ordering a big bottle of this very soon :wub:

May

YAY MAY!!!! I was just wondering last night if you had tried it....

I did and I also booked my holiday today! :wub: So it's getting me nicely in the holiday mood.

But I have a dilemma do I order SoS or Hamataschen in my next order. I want both but with booking the hols it's an expensive month! B)

May

• 10 months later...

I wanted to love this! But I don't, it doesn't work with my body chemistry. It just smells like light suntan lotion. I got some on my sleeve and noticed how it smelled great like coconut, lemoney, creamy goodness. I wish it was like that on my skin. That is okay though because I have Me, Jane! :happybirthday:

Yeah, it's Pineapple rather than lemon, but it has that citrusy tang. Actually, Linnea wanted us to make this scent as close to the scent of suntan oil as possible. She loves that smell and wears it as perfume! (That is, until we got her hooked on Sugared Pears and LP Black. heh.)

Yes, Me, Jane! was more MY take on a sultry summer oil kind of vibe - thicker, with cocoa butter. Almost out of that one - just a few bottles left.

I do really like this one.....and, I just got a bottle in trade for my beach vacation in Sept....

I got a sniffie of this in my last order and yowza! This is like the yummiest suntan oil you've ever smelled (which leads to daydreams about some dishy cabana boy massaging it into your skin for hours and hours and hours and...) Uh, where was I? Oh yeah, this is a great Summer scent, I'd say, and I'd be dabbing it about too if my friend Jill hadn't begged me to do tradesies because she loves it so much.

This is great, it is a buttery cocoa (light chocolate) tropical warm scent. It is a high end suntan oil, it has a lingering, haunting aroma that reminds me of vacation - would definitely want to get a bottle

• 5 months later...
This is great, it is a buttery cocoa (light chocolate) tropical warm scent. It is a high end suntan oil, it has a lingering, haunting aroma that reminds me of vacation - would definitely want to get a bottle

got one in the sale - fell in love - and three more on the way.

Everytime I have this on - I find myself huffing. I seem to amp the cocoa butter so everyone keeps asking who smells like yummy chocolate.

I'm finding it's a good base to "summer-ize" other scents - mixed with Lacivious Peach? Insanely sexy. Lickable. All those things.

It really is beachy- takes you straight away to a fabulous resort with delicious umbrella drinks and lazy, lusty afternoons.

Love it completely.

got one in the sale - fell in love - and three more on the way.

Everytime I have this on - I find myself huffing. I seem to amp the cocoa butter so everyone keeps asking who smells like yummy chocolate.

I'm finding it's a good base to "summer-ize" other scents - mixed with Lacivious Peach? Insanely sexy. Lickable. All those things.

It really is beachy- takes you straight away to a fabulous resort with delicious umbrella drinks and lazy, lusty afternoons.

Love it completely.

And, since it's so fruity, it covers cops completely....

And, since it's so fruity, it covers cops completely....

Truer words never spoken. You can hide the cheese! And you can really go wild with the cheese under this one. On my Friday off - I laid on the cheese and then Summer of Sin. Everwhere I went running errands - people were sniffing the air and asking - ok - what exactly is that wonderful scent?

Keeper.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, I know ......

Finally got down to test this out. Perhaps it's the tangy pineapple scent that tickled my nose and thus I do not like it as much as most of the beach cum suntan lotion scents I love.

• 2 years later...