Love and the fallout effect in women

What we call romantic love is in part the expression of biological factors. One of which I will mention first is in the initial fallout phase of love, there is around 40% lower serotonin levels... Those that have already low serotonin levels are more likely to experience fallout, however certain pheromones have properties to lower serotonin, while those that mood lift increase serotonin and would counteract some of the fallout effect.

From Cindy M Mason/David Buss Book, Why Women Have Sex

970916972_o.png

Imprinting Vs Crush Vs Fallout

To me, Imprinting is where the woman has positive emotions/memories they recall about you and your encounter after you separate. They can function normally without being around you just thinking of you in a positive light.

A crush occurs when the female cannot obtain the person they feel strong attraction and bonding with, such as a teacher, celebrity, married guy, a guy of higher status 'too good for them'...

Fallout is where they become posessive or jealous, or even OCD about you and about being in your presence. Needing to be around you constantly. A small amount of fallout is ok if you are responding back. This can be feeling like someone is a soulmate and perfect for you and you are responding positively to these feelings back. They want to be in your presence and around you constantly but feel like they NEED you in their life. This is what I think people are after in a mix.

Smaller fallout is things like calling, texting, sending letters, and emailing you. Being unable to be away from your presence might cause them to visit you at work or home unexpectedly. Trying to interfere with other relationship you have if you picked someone instead, or prevent others from going after you. Carrying a photo or something of yours even if you didnt agree to be in a relationship. The thoughts are like OCD and interfere with their normal behaviors and functioning when they are not around you.

Fallout can continue however into very negative behavior/stalker/jealous behavior, usually caused by breaking off the contact after the bonding/attraction/love feelings. A woman has these feelings but can not act on them or get rid of them so they obsess.
Edited by datadragon

All I can say is I'm glad my serotonin levels are perfect. I am fine by myself :)

I do notice I'd rather not ever feel obsessive about anyone ever again. It's so nice to be content. Being in love in a rather disturbing way is not pleasant. Boo low serotonin levels...

• 2 months later...

LMAO. Men don't do this? Omg... its manipulative male 101...

Sorry had to laugh.

Anyone who behaves in the full extreme manner noted above is one of 2 things period.

1 IMMATURE;

A teen aka child could be forgiven here as its the nature of the child to manipulate to get what he/she needs. But after 21 you gotta grow up or seek help. Unless you are both teenagers you are stupid if you stay. 

2. Manipulative;

Run away... just fucking run. The End.