Delectable

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520948525_pfjz.jpg?version

A scrumptious floral gourmand featuring the lovely, aromatic and elegant orchid! With a scent akin to orchid frosting, a blend of luscious buttercreme and caramel, further flavored with boozy vanilla extract on a base of sweet amber EO, then adorned with a voluptuous orchid in full bloom. Who could resist such a delectable delight?! 

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

OH MY LORD

I love gourmand florals for sure, I've stated as much over the years and so I was excited for this one because I love orchid and gourmand orchid is a wonderful thought and THIS is just so delicious for sure.  It is very sweet and thick so I think you'd really have to be all-in for the sweet scents but what makes it really interesting is that the orchid - one of those fleshy types - still makes it a sophisticated floral.  It has that definite full-bodied quality.  It's like Sugared Orchid (at least the original version which I know and love) to the power of ten.  It's yummy but it's also very sexy.

Mmmmm! I could drink this! Sweet and syrupy :yum: This is screaming for cops ?

I get lots of vanilla caramel, with the amber in there all cozy. The orchid gives it a sophistication, keeps it just this side of smutty. Love!

Wow. I can't smell much, but I just took a sniff out of the vial because I was wondering if this was like an Orchid Liebchen, but it's sweeter, brighter, and yummier! I want to wait a few more days but this will probably be the first one I try from the set.

So, I've discovered that caramel in fragrances reads as pancake syrup on me, and am wondering if that happens to anyone else. Both Delectable and Lady V's Midnight Snack have my children and husband (who don't realize it's my perfume) saying they smell syrup - and it's not a bad thing, just what my skin does with caramel, evidently. I will try Delectable again in a few days and see if I get any more of the floral scent,  but so far I haven't. 

6 hours ago, Kayla said:

So, I've discovered that caramel in fragrances reads as pancake syrup on me, and am wondering if that happens to anyone else. Both Delectable and Lady V's Midnight Snack have my children and husband (who don't realize it's my perfume) saying they smell syrup - and it's not a bad thing, just what my skin does with caramel, evidently. I will try Delectable again in a few days and see if I get any more of the floral scent,  but so far I haven't. 

Kayla, I get a strong maple syrup too!  I’m glad it’s not just me. Not all caramel does this, but it happens. 

1 hour ago, Eve said:

Kayla, I get a strong maple syrup too!  I’m glad it’s not just me. Not all caramel does this, but it happens. 

Thanks, Eve. I bought a bottle of LV's Midnight Snack in the trade section a while ago and just assumed that it should smell like maple syrup.  It wasn't until I got my latest order that I figured out it was the caramel reading that way on my skin. I wish I would have known before I ordered a full bottle of Delectable unsniffed. It does smell lovely in the bottle, though.  I might try a scent locket or trade it.

Edited by Kayla

This is incredible. Rich and buttery and yes, like some others have commented, almost like pancake syrup on my skin. But then the heady orchid on top...omg. This is to die for!! Despite the richness, it’s still a wonderful lighter scent perfect for the spring. It melds with the skin. It’s very sexy in a languid way. I’d wear it with LFN.

In the bottle all I get is a blast of mouthwatering, rich, decadent caramel.  Upon first application I don't know what happened though, it smells almost a bit plasticky on me.  Underneath the plastic I can smell the tantalisingly sexy scent of orchid.  I will wait to see how dry down moves the scent along.

Oh dear, I think this one is too sweet for me. I def get the syrup, it's more or less all syrup on me. Makes me feel as if I've eaten 4 stacks of pancakes naked, and one of those stacks I rubbed on my body. I felt sticky and full, had to wash it off. On the other hand, if ever I'm trying to curb a craving for pancakes I know what to reach for!

12 minutes ago, anchoredinopulence said:

Makes me feel as if I've eaten 4 stacks of pancakes naked, and one of those stacks I rubbed on my body. 

I'm kind of saving this one for last. With these kinds of reviews, I'm sure I'm in for a FB! 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 1st of this collection that does not agree with me. I had amazing visions of orchid and boozy vanilla with lashings of cream mingling in a... delectable way. But, on my skin its a no go. I get no boozyness. I get superfoody vanilla cakey/dairy. The kind that is overwhelming on me. But, the worst part it gives me a severe headache to the point of making me nauseated. I tried to tough it out but it only got worse. Had to scrub this one off. While there have been a few superfoody scents that I could not wear, only one other has generated such a severe response. Ironically it was also a scent I thought would work but didnt. Oh well....

This month is packed with winners. But, this is a no go.

In the interest of science and Orchide Vanilla comparison, I just slathered this on and shoved my wrist in front of my man, 2 min into drydown. He grabbed my arm, then said "ummmmm," and then grabbed my boob. He says it's cozy and comfortable, sexy but casual, not for dressing up in a fancy dress. (If I had asked when sampling Vanilla Orchide, I'm sure he would have said it was good for dress up, I believe that means more powdery or clean for him.) 

I'm so glad my skin doesn't do the maple syrup thing! Ironically, he and I both dislike maple as a note, so there's no chance that's happening here. I'm currently covered in 70 spf (unscented) sunscreen, so the orchid isn't playing well with that. I'll test it again later when I'm not covered in chemicals.

an hour later edit: 

I was started to feel that the Orchid might turn on me and give me a headache for a little bit, but then it smoothed itself out. And then I added Aja to the mix, and it was quite huffable. I just reslathered with both, and if it stays this sexy, they could possibly get mixed together in the bottle, never to venture solo again.

two hour later edit:

I have a few things I love with Aja added, but I've never had much of an opinion on it, one way or another. DELECTABLE WITH AJA TOGETHER IS SPECTACULAR. Or fucktacular, whichever is a higher compliment in your mind. Do you have both? GO MIX THEM NOW!!!

Edited by Eastwood22
Because sex

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 11:27 AM, Kayla said:

Yes!  It's happening with me, but neither me nor my husband are minding it.  I'm getting a strong reminder of Universal Antidote with this one.  It also reminds me of my Orchid Fairy Cake.  This is going on the list.

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I have a few things I love with Aja added, but I've never had much of an opinion on it, one way or another. DELECTABLE WITH AJA TOGETHER IS SPECTACULAR. Or fucktacular, whichever is a higher compliment in your mind. Do you have both? GO MIX THEM NOW!!!

I rescued both Delectable and Aja off my trade list, mixed them together, spiked with Gotcha, and divided into two perfume sprays and made one for a friend, and filled the rest with perfumer's alcohol. This might be my new keep-in-the-bathroom, smell-delicious-right-out-of-the shower before bed spritzer. (Formerly a spray of Honey'd LP.)

The friend was the inspiration, they've been dating for many months and he has yet to close the deal. I waslike, I know just the thing!

Edited by Eastwood22

• 7 months later...

I wore this one last night. I thought it smelled kind of smokey or burnt, and I even asked my husband what he thought of my perfume, and he said, "I dunno. It kind of smells like something's burning." But then later I could detect the floral underneath. It was weird. I am certain I've tried this before and it didn't do that, so I'm kind of at a loss. ??? Anyone have any idea? I think it was the milk/butter/cream note that we were interpreting as "burnt," but I'm not sure why that would be.

I like the concept of this one. But if I'm gonna burn the milk, it's probably not for me. Unless...yeah, I don't know. The floral note is pretty! I'll probably try it another time to see if it does the same thing.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think milk amps and is forefront in the beginning for me generally. Maybe amber combined with it too.

Drydown 4 hours later leaves mainly orchid with maybe wisp of amber or vanilla. I learned I like orchid!

I'm always on the lookout for new florals I like bc they're really distinct in perfume and really makes or breaks it in terms of what mood I'll be intending to wear. 

• 1 year later...

I found a sample of this and put some on my wrist and I was floored so I ordered a full bottle. This is very sexy. I can't wait to wear this more often. Right now it smells like floral cake. I find I'm becoming obsessed with buttery notes.  

I did today and honestly it goes perfect together but I got worried someone mentioned smelling cigarette smoke earlier today and I thought it was the Aja.😬

And I felt extra excited later and realized the Aja had kicked in.  😂

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I love wearing this in the fall and winter as its a snuggle hug, it's got that maple syrup vibe going and for me the Orchid in this takes a back seat to the other notes...After wearing it for a few hours the Orchid does bloom a bit on my skin but never takes a prominent spot... I like this one but do not grab for it enough that I will probably still have it a few years from now...