Paradisi w/ Open Windows

il_fullxfull.1520990391_1ny4.jpg?version

A splendiferous ray of sunshine! The origin of the grapefruit (originally called Citrus Paradisi) was rather accidental - a result of cross-pollination - and thus it was originally branded as a forbidden fruit - but nothing so brightly-flavored could be denied to our palates and we now enjoy the paradisiacal flavor of this citrus delight as often as possible! 

We’ve enlivened the inherent goodness of grapefruit with this refreshing and uplifting grapefruit tea scent...pink and white grapefruit oils with a squeeze of juicy peach then blended with varieties of Darjeeling and hibiscus tea, a sweet stir of orange blossom honey, plus a splash of watery bamboo and a hint of polished teak. 

And to get the sunny good times rolling we’ve here to help with the addition of our exclusive OPEN WINDOWS pheromone formula, a mood-lifting blend for the wearer and others around them, too. Lends an air of friendly approachability and magnetic attraction. Mood elevating, makes people feel good to be around you. Works great in ANY situation. A very easy to wear blend, users of both sexes enjoy this formula immensely.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

This one is quite lovely but is confusing my nose. I have had to put it on twice and go through the whole drydown twice to understand what I’m smelling. I am a grapefruit Ho for sure but this grapefruit is not reading as grapefruit usually does and I’ve determined that is because it’s mixed with peach. They go together so well that it smells like an entirely new fruit made up of both. I smell the tea and it’s pretty cool that it actually smells like hibiscus tea to me. When I was 17 and on vacation in Belize with my family I met this wonderful lady botanical Healer there. She had studied at the world famous botanical gardens on the mainland but came back to the tiny little key where we were staying. We became Fast friends and I hung out with her every day. I was having some extreme female problems going back to a surgery I had.She made me a hibiscus tea tincture and it cured me! I have never forgotten that trip because of her and ever since hibiscus tea holds a fair amount of magic for me. So anyway I digress, but that’s why it’s so amazing to me to be able to pick out hibiscus tea as a clear note here. I also very much get the bamboo as a green clean vibe. I don’t get the teakwood specifically but I’d be happy if I did as it reminds me of the Caribbean where I spent so much time in my childhood. 

Long Story Short: I love this!

This is so delightful! :Dancing_Grapefruit:

It's a very fresh bright sweet grapefruit-forward blending that I'm getting, but the kind of thing where everything is melding together in a harmonious way, everything is complimentary.  I'm enjoying that airy "space" which the tea accents are providing.  And there's just enough sweetness to where the grapefruit is tangy and bright but not Kapow!  I could see wearing this at a gathering and so many people wanting to take a big whiff because it's both refreshing and mouthwatering and then Open Windows could work its' magic.  Later on I get more of the tangyness of the hibiscus tea coming in.  This just screams Summer to me - outdoor parties and lots of skin showing and fun times.

My nose is reading mostly peach here, but I can kind of sense the grapefruit too. I love tea scents, and this one is super fresh and fruity. Definitely a Spring/Summer mingling perfume. It dries down kind of light, but that's perfect for my needs at the moment.

Stunning!  A powerful blast of tangy grapefruit in an exotic base at first application.  It cut through my senses and refreshed me right away.  This surprised me.  Of all the fragrances this was the one that I was most unsure about.  But this is perfect for long, sticky summers.  Or if you want to bring brightness into a dull or grey day.  I can picture myself hula-dancing around the fire, the soft sand gently squishing through my toes with the tang of the ocean on my tongue.  I like this :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 4:16 AM, Wolf Dreaming said:

...But this is perfect for long, sticky summers.  Or if you want to bring brightness into a dull or grey day.  I can picture myself hula-dancing around the fire, the soft sand gently squishing through my toes with the tang of the ocean on my tongue.  I like this :-)

I'm in always sunny Hawaii, except it's very grey thanks to the volcano "vog."  Sometimes I'm really not sure where the sun is in the sky. But it's hot and sticky so we're chilling at the pool between eating and working on a giant puzzle. Paradisi is perfect!!! I must've gotten a blast of hibiscus at first, because I first read it as a floral. I didn't look into the notes, just grabbed my trial, just by the name. Hanging around on a lounge chair, it's definitely melded with my skin. Like Halo, the grapefruit and Peach have become one, but it smells like a flower! Flower petals dusted with some kind of honey dust. I smell the tea now, but only because I was sniffing for it. This might be a FB for me, I'll have to test it on a day when I've bathed in something other than a chlorinated pool. I bet I look funny, sitting here, huffing my wrist. I''m never incognito once I leave the Bay Area because of my tattoos. Maybe they'll think I have scratch n sniff tats?

Omg I would NEVER leave BF alone if he had scratch and sniff tats. Especially the pretty one that’s the first thing that ever made me interested in him. After knowing him for over 2 years before I saw it. Lol

Just looking down, IF they smelled like flowers and LP's, I'd have different roses and orchid scents, plus Totem Tiger, Totem Deer,  and Totem Elephant AND Elephant Snacks (my elephant has candy,) Mermaids scents, Sinner and the Saint, the Hunter and the Woodland Nymph, I have valentines/conversation hearts on me, a cupcake, a butterscotch hard candy, coffee in a heart, and uh oh, ew, what does a chewbacca/Tupac mash up smell like? 

Edited by Eastwood22
Because Chupacalypse

OMG. It has been a long time since I've had an OMG with an OW scent. Like..Stealing Heaven long. Seriously.

I love this. My nose had a similiar muddled moment like Halo's. Struggling to sort and detect the notes. Is this a new fruit? Lol

In a few minutes the scent of the peach is detectable. Peach with grapefruit right up aginst it. Teasing my nose and filling my mind with thoughts of Trader Vics drinks and tiki bars. The honey and peach even combine to add that simple syrupy effect. Just the right amout, its not overwhelming in that aspect. Theres plenty of room for the hibiscus tea and cool bamboo to lend to the tropical breeze. I love the subtlety of teakwood as a base. 

I hear tiki bars are making a comeback. Mara would make one hell of a mixologist. <3 <3 <3

• 4 weeks later...

my fave! Put teakwood in anything and I'll probably have a love affair. I wanted fruity and bright today as I thought I could handle being extroverted. Paradisi sounded green, but Teakwood grounds this a whole lot - and I need a lot of grounding, so thank god :thank-you: This comes across to me as close to the waters as a small boat tied down to the beach shore :buried-in-sand: not full on salt-in-mouth lost-at-sea I braced myself for  Sun tanning is as far as we're going today, folks

• 1 month later...

Bought this one blind during the sale, and I think I'm going to need to get this in a spray. Grapefruit, peach, and teakwood are some of my favorite notes, so it was a no brainer.  The grapefruit is really bright for me at first before settling down while the peach comes out. The hibiscus, bamboo, tea, and teakwood create this "clean" base but not in the aquatic sense, but in a fruity, bright spring-y way if that makes sense. Really love this one, and I love Open Windows, so it's a win-win.

• 5 weeks later...

Grapefruit and tea! Grapefruit and tea! And Peach! And teakwood! And more grapefruit and more tea! Why did I hem and haw for so long before ordering this?! It's so gorgeous! Because  I tried it in Hawaii first, it imprinted in my brain as a floral because of the hibiscus. I also tried Ohana and the other spring florals on that trip, so they got lumped into a mental category. But every time I wore it, I was like "I must order this!", and then I'd be placing an order and think, "You know you don't really wear florals." I even ordered a second trial to try and figure out why I thought I wanted some "Hawaiian floral." And then I went through that whole second guessing my next (few) order(s). I finally pulled the trigger, thinking it would be a floral that I will love and appreciate, like Winter in the Tropics, but not necessarily wear. (Winter in the Tropics is for very sophisticated women. Women who've always worn Chanel and pearls and do the things those ladies do in the Hamptons or Dubai or wherever it is they do those sophisticated things.) I just needed to stop going back and forth second guessing myself, adding it to orders and taking it off. I thought I was having some bizarre perfume FOMO delirium. Silly me: This isn't even a floral! And I'm going to wear it all the time! I love Open Windows, I reach for Drive By Fruiting all the time, and my man has both Open Arms and Veridian Muse (so sexy, that VM!) My only tea scent has been LP Ceremony and I traded it because it just didn't last on me. I'm REALLY happy with Paradisi! I think the teakwood rounds it all out for me and makes it a "grown-up lady" kind of scent for me. I'm not terribly grown-up though, so it may not read that way for anyone else, but it's more grown up than an orange cupcake with buttercream frosting or a slutty fruit salad. My "adult" perfume bar isn't terribly high. 

Just curious, @Kayla, have you tried Paradisi? Also @dolphindolls2, it's a pretty awesome grapefruit. I don't get the Peach as strong as most people I don't think, it's like a cooling grapefruit as opposed to a sunny grapefruit.

16 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Grapefruit and tea! Grapefruit and tea! And Peach! And teakwood! And more grapefruit and more tea! Why did I hem and haw for so long before ordering this?! It's so gorgeous! Because  I tried it in Hawaii first, it imprinted in my brain as a floral because of the hibiscus. I also tried Ohana and the other spring florals on that trip, so they got lumped into a mental category. But every time I wore it, I was like "I must order this!", and then I'd be placing an order and think, "You know you don't really wear florals." I even ordered a second trial to try and figure out why I thought I wanted some "Hawaiian floral." And then I went through that whole second guessing my next (few) order(s). I finally pulled the trigger, thinking it would be a floral that I will love and appreciate, like Winter in the Tropics, but not necessarily wear. (Winter in the Tropics is for very sophisticated women. Women who've always worn Chanel and pearls and do the things those ladies do in the Hamptons or Dubai or wherever it is they do those sophisticated things.) I just needed to stop going back and forth second guessing myself, adding it to orders and taking it off. I thought I was having some bizarre perfume FOMO delirium. Silly me: This isn't even a floral! And I'm going to wear it all the time! I love Open Windows, I reach for Drive By Fruiting all the time, and my man has both Open Arms and Veridian Muse (so sexy, that VM!) My only tea scent has been LP Ceremony and I traded it because it just didn't last on me. I'm REALLY happy with Paradisi! I think the teakwood rounds it all out for me and makes it a "grown-up lady" kind of scent for me. I'm not terribly grown-up though, so it may not read that way for anyone else, but it's more grown up than an orange cupcake with buttercream frosting or a slutty fruit salad. My "adult" perfume bar isn't terribly high. 

Just curious, @Kayla, have you tried Paradisi? Also @dolphindolls2, it's a pretty awesome grapefruit. I don't get the Peach as strong as most people I don't think, it's like a cooling grapefruit as opposed to a sunny grapefruit.

I do have a sample of it, Eastwood. I will have to try it again. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle because I'm loving a certain LP and keep using it daily. Like you, I typically smell sexy and edible, not "grown up," lol.

2 hours ago, Kayla said:

Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle because I'm loving a certain LP and keep using it daily.

Story of my life!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 12:14 AM, Eastwood22 said:

I need to use this one, I'm know hooked on Sugared Lavender and I'm using that up like crazy