Petite Baie

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1473738134_sztm.jpg?version

Petite Baie means "little berry", and as the first fruit to ripen in Spring, the sight of one little strawberry is enough to tell us that Winter’s long cold dominion has given way to the Sun. We’ve captured that just-picked vibe in this thoroughly fresh fragrance - the scent of tart young strawberries mingling with watery green succulent accents of Bird of Paradise, aloe and cucumber and just a hint of warm earthy patchouli.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.

Edited by Beccah

I like strawberry perfumes of all kinds, I have a bunch of different ones, but there's just something really lovely about a "fresh" strawberry scent because it's complex, it's got different qualities intermingling.  In the vial I primarily sense the green/tart strawberry part of it, a berry which is barely ripe.  In the drydown that tart accent sort of moves to the back and it's more of a watery green scent on me and then slowly but surely the earthiness in the base comes out, but just a bit.  I enjoy the freshness of it, luckily the aloe does not become a death note on me!  It's one of those that I think even a guy could wear because there's no sweetness to it at all, I would say.  But it's Spring-y for sure.

ETA: it takes on a somewhat lighter tone in the long drydown.

What a lovely little fragrance. Like Luna I get a tart berry while wet. Then the green notes take hold. It’s a very fresh, green, watery, but still slightly fruity scent. Thankfully for me the patch never shows up for me. It does lighten up considerably after drydown for me too.

This is such a perfect Spring/Summer fragrance! It's light and fresh, with the tartness of the little berry. It's one of those that I could easily wear to work and not worry about my boss getting mad. I could easily wear this every day (except I have so many that I just can't do that, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely scent!  I was worried that this would not have enough sweetness for me - and that worry is totally unfounded.  On me the strawberry is fresh and sweet - delicious.  The other ingredients are so well mixed that I cannot smell them individually - at least I think I can't!  I don't believe I have ever smelled Bird of Paradise before.  This is one of my favourite scents of this collection.  

Just had to come back on and add that after 50 minutes I am still loving this scent.  The wisps of strawberry drifting up to me are so yummy!  It is making my mouth water ...

Edited by Wolf Dreaming

• 2 weeks later...

This is a journey within one inhalation! At first, I was mystified. "Ooh, this smells exotic.. which is not the tincture of Summer I want this year.." And then after, "Omg! So Sweet but fresh!" Petite Baie somehow avoids being *too* fresh :funny_ladybird: So perfect - I'm going to make summer meomries with this scent. It's not green, either. I'm not into green scents right now; that's a phase on its own. I don't think one can go wrong with Petite Baie

• 4 weeks later...

I was intrigued about the strawberry/cucumber combination.  I missed out on Sugared Strawberry, so I was hoping for a strong strawberry scent.  This is a nice springy strawberry.  Not sure if I smell the cucumber, but it must add to the fresh green quality.  I do get patchouli which I don't mind a bit.  I like this one. 

• 1 year later...

This is such a gorgeous, gentle strawberry scent. It starts out creamy and sweet, somewhere between a sugared strawberry and a fresh one. There is a freshness behind the strawberry itself, as if it was presented in a basket of fresh green clippings. It's a very spring scent reminiscent of new things and somehow reminds me of Easter. As it dries down more, the strawberry starts to feel as if it's spent the afternoon being warmed by the sun. Even an hour later it is still a very refreshing scent. The perfume doesn't morph much, but the changes feel like the passage of a day over the same scent, just very subtle changes. Petite Baie feels like one of those spring days where it is warm almost bordering on hot in the afternoon, but the morning and evenings are still cool. Where the sun is warming your skin, but a nice breeze keeps you cool. Surprisingly, the patch is not a problem for me in this at all even though I amp patch like mad. I didn't even notice it, which is a miracle. It doesn't come out at all. After about 3 hours there is just a bit of lingering scent, but it is still so nice. I'm picking up a second bottle because this scent is so pretty and makes me happy. 

• 1 year later...

This starts out a little greener than I expected, but it sweetens up and is sweet and adorable, just like the baby on the label.  Refreshing and innocently sweet. The cucumber and aloe don’t pop out, but give the strawberry a bit of cool freshness, like fresh picked strawberries chilled in the fridge. 

• 1 year later...

I did not expect to love this as much as I do. I grabbed it thinking I'd mostly use it for layering, but it's completely perfect alone. I love strawberry, and this is a perfectly tart, barely ripe, cool fresh strawberry that is perfect for spring and summer. I'm learning that I really like watery succulent notes, and here they make the perfume more edible and delicious to me, a tart fruit lover, by sort of fleshing out the tart strawberry and evoking juiciness and how refreshing they are. the energy it gives off is very sweet and friendly (the perfume itself is not too sweet at all) and just makes me happy to wear. a new favorite for sure!