Lumine d'Terra

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520955665_fxen.jpg?version

Our beloved Le Wizard - LPMP’s resident Nature Boy - requested a unisex scent which is earthy yet bright to invoke the new beginnings of Spring, and we’ve delivered with a perfectly luminous take on the classic combination of resin and citrus. Deep dusky notes of Indonesian patchouli resin, Indian amber attar, vetiver and cedar EO are lightened and brightened with a healthy sunny squeeze of clementine and neroli EOs, budding leaf accord and a splash of bourbon vanilla.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
NEROLI ~ Sensuality, love, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

Oh this is sooooooo nice!  Resin lovers, this is what you will like!  I'm reminded of Blessings Oil simply because it's also such a beautiful blending of woods/resins which is rich and deep without being too overwhelming.  And the citrus notes are more on the tart/sour side, but I don't mean "sour" in a negative way, just that it's not a sweet citrus accent.  It's definitely a lighter take on this type of scent and yet it's pretty robust - enough for guys to wear, definitely.  It's one of those anytime scents because it's upbeat enough for daytime, but sexy enough for nighttime.  The citrus does fade but there's a thread of it which remains even through the long drydown.

I'm always scared of scents that say "earthy" LOL. I don't know why. 

This is gorgeous. Spicy, resiny - but in a clean way. It's not overwhelming or anything. A man could certainly wear it, and he would smell like a freshly washed sexy man. But I plan on wearing it too, and I smell like a sexy confident woman. I see a bottle on my future ?

This is like a tangy take on concentrated sunshine.  On me it is intense.  I think it would smell very nice on a man or on those who are able to carry off powerful and distinctive scents.  

Omg this one excites me. Because it illustrates why Mara is just a master perfumer genius so well. And also why getting the sampler for every set of New Releases will change your life and open your world. Because on paper I should HATE this. Patch is my biggest death note ever. Out of the hundreds of perfumes I’ve tried with patch I like maybe 3-4. Seriously a handful at best. But when I do find one I like it’s inevitably a favorite. I also hate neroli and vetiver. Seriously 3 of my biggest fragrance HATES. And guess what? I love this one. I do like other citrus/patch combos so I was hopeful but you just never know. I get bright tangy orange. I love clementine. The patch is somehow both right there on top and also down at the bottom grounding the perfume along with the gorgeous yummy smooth amber. I can’t pick out the vetiver or neroli on their own individually thankfully. Or even the other notes like the Leaf or Cedar. It’s just this glorious amazingly well blended smooth ride that’s both bright and a little murky and opaque at the same time. It’s both light and deep simultaneously. And the weight is also pretty light to medium. Which is definitely part of why it works so well for me. And I’m putting it on BF today for sure. I’m positive that it will be sexy AF on him. Swoon worthy. 

• 3 months later...

Okay, so I hesitantly gave this one to my man a long time ago because I don't enjoy "earthy" or "green," and the "budding leaf accord" sound like a big fat "No thank you!" to me. He also tends to amp cedar, Year One on him and Year One on me are two completely different animals. But I came home today and he smelled GOOD. Like really good. Of course it's this one that I thought I wouldn't like. This is no reflection on how I feel about you, @Le Wizard! It's how I feel about green things. 

Anywho, I wasn't here for the drydown, BF said it smelled a little like River and Rain, plus lawn clippings. But it dried down so gorgeous! We need this.

UPDATE: The cedar is so mellow in this, same with the patchouli. The neroli is nice and bright and almost comes off as fruity. I'm so glad I got a FB of this lovely scent for him.

ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER UPDATE: My man wore this today, and it's only gotten better with age. If it's in your arsenal, bust it out! I ended up getting him a back up bottle sometime this past year because I've really grown to love it. And like @halo0073, when I look at the notes and knowing how my man amps certain things, I am always surprised at how much I love it's warmth and depth.  

Edited by Eastwood22