Marissa's Orchide Vanille

Beccah

ADPE-MarissaOrchidVanille.jpg

Marissa asked for something that smelled as much like authentic boozy vanilla extract as possible, so I mixed a blend of exactly that - boozy vanilla bean accords and absolute, with a hint of amber EO in the base to accentuate the richness, and when she asked for a floral note on top, it had to be the natural pairing of Orchid. Deliciously lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is so boozy!  But yeah, that's the point...

At first this went almost plasticky on me, but thankfully it pulled back just in time - it's a delicious vanilla but in that boozy vanilla extract kind of way.  The amber gives it a kind of plush feel on the bottom but I'm not really getting the orchid, maybe just a hint?  It strikes me as something to layer with other notes for additional decadence.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! This is a really strong orchid on me with just a hint of vanilla. I'm not getting any boozy scent at all. I just got it in the mail today, so I'm going to let it rest for a few days and see if I get more vanilla.  Either way, it will smell delicious. 

This was absolutely beautiful - I experienced the boozy vanilla and the musky orchid on a perfectly skin-scented base. It melded into my skin so that I smelled like a slightly deeper, more sensual and exotic version of myself. If there were fb of this left I would have one. A stunning scent.

This is soooo pretty! If you're a fan of Posset's soft vanillas, you'll love this one! It sticks around on me for about 4-5 hours, and blooms really nicely with body heat. On me, it's a soft, sweet vanilla with a hint of velvety orchid floating around it.

Oh dear...well, I tried this last night in case I wanted one of the new bottles, but it turns out it doesn't quite work for me. Last night it smelled really strongly of powder. Like, my husband walked into the bedroom and asked me why it reeked of baby powder in there. Then this morning, it turned to a musky scent that, well, doesn't smell like cat pee, exactly, but you know that musky smell that alerts you that perhaps there is cat pee in the vicinity? It's like that. Skin chemistry is weird.

At least I will save a bit of money, I suppose. *sigh*  I really liked that label, too. 

Is the vanilla in this similliar to Delectable?  

That one is too foody for me. Though its description is a boozy vanilla. Anyone have a chance to compare the two scents?

3 hours ago, StacyK said:

That one is too foody for me. Though its description is a boozy vanilla. Anyone have a chance to compare the two scents?

I have tried both. Delectable smelled like maple syrup with a bit of orchid peeking through - no vanilla at all on me. Orchide Vanille is mostly orchid and very powdery vanilla on my skin. It's not boozy at all. It's so powdery that my husband asked me if I had used a spray deodorant  (not a bad thing coming from him because he likes the powdery smells and probably wanted to use some, lol). I really like this one, but it smells nothing like what I had expected. 

4 hours ago, StacyK said:

Stacy, I was mildly able to compare them, but I was coming off of a cold, so I can speak mainly to intensity and man reaction. The Orchide Vanilla was so light I didn't smell much of anything, and I got that man opinion "it's nice but it's not my favorite, you have so many perfumes that I like more." He likes foodie vanillas, so Orchide Vanilla is absolutely not a foodie vanilla. I didn't give it much of a chance. It's like the conversation I had at the denim store, when the girl was trying to sell me on the high quality of some jeans. "My man's an ass man, I don't care about the quality of the denim if they flatten my ass." I don't dress or smell good just for my man, I like to wear nice clothes and smell good for myself, but if I can have the option of more or less attention and affection, I'll take more. I wish I had $1000 for every time he's licked some pulse point and been mock surprised it didn't taste how it smelled. I traded my Orchide with Kayla for Delectable. Things that turn to maple syrup on her tend to get me um, let's say, "ravished." I don't think the two scents are anything alike. The only thing I can absolutely guarantee is that Orchide Vanilla is not a foodie Vanilla.