Archive: MEDIUM 2016

luna65

MKlu4DcoF2aibsGsAgXqmo6NhkcIgd1daTDJiAwVVH8LwFKhMfsBCttONTolJoDhewJbz2Nw7btTkLZtNwbIEuJUXFtbIuncPLlBcjoedTozAUFLyOlur0-EJ4nBiQmrLwMfRneh

A revisiting of our potently popular divination potion – discover your destiny and your innate intuition, encourage the expansion of your subconscious. With all the ingredients known for promoting psychic ability, this version is incense-like and dark as a scrying mirror with thick aged patchouli, dragon’s blood, African frankincense & myrrh, oud from India and Arabia, layered with exotic black musk.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

Created by: Mara Fox

Description: Julie (luna65)

Label art: Jennifer King

Carnival Collection, September 2016

Review Thread

Passing through these gates you will find much
to amaze and amuse.
As the sun goes down our lights come up
the music plays -
the song of thrills and chills and titillating mysteries to reveal.

We have games! And fun! And food! And unusual sights to behold!
Take a chance, dare to dream
discover your heart’s desire
or a momentary distraction from the mundane humdrum.
Whatever the reason - do come, please come
all you good people far and wide
enter and experience our unique revelry.
Let us take you away from your cares and woes
and add a little magic to your life.

For we promise such wonderment and delight
so then upon this Autumn night
of full moon and fallen leaves and shadows stretching tall...
Come one, come all!
Come to our Carnival!

A tradition much beloved by us here at LPMP is the Fall Carnival: a final farewell to the carefree joys of Summer – as the light begins to wane earlier each day and the weather turns brisk – it’s one last time for frolic and fun. Our 2016 Carnival Collection pays tribute to the sights, sounds, and smells of an old-fashioned traveling carnival…its’ colorful characters and delicious treats, all the unique delights one can only experience amidst the excitement on a September eve, with a chill in the air and the haunting music of a distant calliope…

The rain began, making the sawdust path beneath our feet slippery and soggy. Violet didn’t want to leave the carnival just yet and neither did I, but we were seeking shelter as we quickly became drenched by the downpour. A large purple tent caught our attention, set back between a popcorn cart and the Ring Toss booth, a tall posterboard proclaiming FORTUNES 15¢ with a drawing of an open hand with an eye in the center of the palm.

“Let’s have our fortunes told!” Violet exclaimed, tossing her wet blonde ringlets.  I was a bit nervous but it would be dry inside the tent, at least.  We approached and turned back the flap.

“Hello?” we called.  The interior was dim, I could spy the flicker of candles.  I smelled something strong and smoky in the air, unusual to my nose.  Violet made a face.  “It smells like church,” she said.

“Oh this is none of that white magic,” a heavily-accented voice informed us.  “But merely my own powers.”

Violet went in first and the shadows resolved somewhat, revealing a dark-haired woman sitting before a round table.  The tent was lavishly decorated with velvet tapestries, intricately-carved furniture and colorful rugs.  Upon the black satin-draped table sat a large crystal ball.  I had never seen one in person before, it was beautiful, so perfectly shaped and glowing.  It was set within a brass stand festooned with dragons.  She wore a glittering gold scarf over her curly hair, and her blouse and skirt were equally colorful, in jeweled tones of red, green and blue.  I felt quite dowdy in my plain brown dress and coat.  We each placed coins on the table and she smiled.

“I am called Romany Rose, and for this payment I will tell you whatever you wish to know.  Who you will wed, how many children you will have, will you be happy -”

“Oh will I?” Violet cried.  “I do so want to know!”

I could hear the rain outside the tent, the noise of the passersby and the cries of the barkers, announcing games of chance and unusual sights to behold.  I wondered if I truly wished to know what the future held.
Violet took her turn first and Romany Rose held onto her hands, looking intently into her eyes, then into the crystal ball.

“It is becoming clear...there is a boy.  He is...a farmer?”

“Yes!  Jacob is going to be a farmer!”

I smirked. Everyone is a farmer here, I thought.  Well, almost everyone.  My father owned the town drugstore, but most everyone I knew farmed.  So one didn’t need to be a seer to figure that out!
But the medium was intriguing...the sound of her voice as she told Violet what she wanted to hear lulled me into a meditative state, and when it was my turn she did the same, but also examined my palms.

“Your Line of Fate, it is very...unusual,” she told me.  “You will have an interesting life.  No marrying a farmer for you!”

Her words secretly thrilled me.  “Will I have...adventures?” I asked.

Romany Rose sat back in her chair, dark eyes seeming to twinkle   “My dear girls, life is an adventure.  It is only a matter of setting forth upon the journey.”

We thanked her and reluctantly made our way into the damp evening.  I turned back and seemed to glimpse her wink at me.  Violet gave me a sympathetic look as we hurried up the Midway.

“She didn’t tell you who you would marry!”

I shrugged.  “Just because I’m not marrying a farmer doesn’t mean I won’t get married!”

But I wondered, I did, just what Romany Rose meant by interesting.

• luna65 changed the title to Archive: MEDIUM 2016