Cananga Coco Cacao w/ Aja-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520604614_459z.jpg?version

Cananga odorata - also known as ylang-ylang - has been referred to as the Queen of the Perfume World and we’re paying tribute to its’ use in the world’s most iconic perfumes with a creamy floral which is certain to become your ultimate summer signature scent! A decadent and delicious blending of cocoa butter, ylang-ylang EO and coconut cream with a softly sheer base of myrrh and white and golden ambers, plus the added sweet sexiness of AJA, our copulin analog derived from a natural plant hormone which, when concentrated, gives off a honey-like scent which is incredibly evocative of sexual arousal.

Fans of our Private Edition fragrances Lisa’s Creamy Ylang and Lady Victoria’s Sweet Little Pussycat won’t want to miss out on this fabulous scent!

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
YLANG YLANG ~ (also known as Cananga) Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
COCONUT ~ protection, purification.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
AJA ~ Sexual attraction.

Edited by Beccah

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Of course I had to get this because COCONUT, and I'm a huge fan of Creamy Ylang and Sweet Little Pussycat so I knew this would be a hit - and it is. It's delicious creamy coconut and cocoa butter that dries down to reveal that heady, exotic ylang ylang that blends in smoothly with that creaminess and gives it a heightened sensuality that is deepened by the amber and myrrh as it dries down further. The resins deepen the scent but this is definitely coconut, cocoa and ylang ylang sorcery. I'm in love with this.

Wet this Cocoa Butter is exactly the same as my Angelique! It’s definitely the most forward note. I get the coconut as well as it starts drying down and it’s melded so completely with the cocoa butter that they really merge into one Coco/Cocoa Note. The ylang is very light on me but just ever so slightly there. It’s not really reminding me of Sweet Little Pussy at all because the musk in that one just made it smell completely differently than this. I can barely detect the myrrh or Aja but just there is a bit of grounding and deepening going on. The ylang is coming out more and more as it dries but I’d like more. I have a feeling that it might come out more after travel shock has worn off though. I’ll be back to update if the super long dry down changes this significantly. Perfect summer perfume! 

On my skin this is coconut forward. A little meaty. The Ylang is right behind the coconut. The cocoa butter is far in the background. I dont get much "coconut cream" which, along with the musk are my favorite elements of the original Sweet Pussy. 

Coconut, ylang lovers will like this as a summer scent. I'll be back later to report on the longer dry down. 

I agree with halo about the cocoa butter - the combination of the cocoa butter and the Aja is making me think of Angelique/Odalisque, and this reminds me somewhat of Tsunonme as well, actually.  Not so much of either of its' inspirations.  It's a great combination, though, always - it's just not exactly what I expected it to be.

I'm waiting for it to settle a little more, it was the first one I opened and it was mostly cocoa butter, and then I fell asleep within 10 or 15 minutes so I decided to wait a whole week before investigating again.

5 hours ago, luna65 said:

I agree with halo about the cocoa butter - the combination of the cocoa butter and the Aja is making me think of Anglique/Odalisque, and this reminds me somewhat of Tsunonme as well, actually,  Not so much of either of its' inspirations.  It's a great combination, though, always - it's just not exactly what I expected it to be.

I am dying over those who are getting tons of coco butter. I just did not get that in this try. Tons of coconut, ylang, a bit of the butter & Aja. No myrrh tho :( 

I am glad I got another Lisa's.

As Luna noted you really can't go wrong with any and all of these notes in some combo. I am not sure what I was looking for. Less coconut more coco butter and cream I guess.

I will try again.

I think I have a large back log of LP beachy scents to get through the next few years. :)

Coconut scents have poking at me a bit lately. Maybe I have coconut burn out?

Edited by StacyK

Stacy, same for me.  This is coconut forward then cocoa butter.  The cocoa butter is sweeter like Odalisque.  This latest version of Creamy Ylang has a different cocoa butter than the previous version—more of the roasted/toasted in Dancing with Desire.  To me, Creamy is like a dark roast coffee vs. this is a blonde roast, if that makes any sense.  I like both but I also have a lot of coconut scents and I’m not getting the myrrh much right now.  So ylang to ylang is similar, the cocoa butter is deeper on Creamy Ylang, and the coconut is more forward on Canaga.  Ergo, I get to buy both Ylang and Canaga with no guilt.

The ylang did come out just a bit more in this after long drydown and the Aja came in big time to add considerable sweetness. Unusual really for Aja to not appear til this late in the game but quite a nice surprise??

I am super into beachy scents right now. This totally fits the bill! 

I get mostly cocoa butter. If I search, I can pick out the ylang. The amber and myrrh are soft. This is the perfect scent for a sexy summer evening!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw the posts about the spelling. I didn't know cananga was another name for ylang ylang! How do you pronounce ylang ylang, anyway? Lang lang? Eee-lang eee-lang?

Would it be possible to maybe add the way it's spelled on the label so that it can be found in search more easily? If not, that's cool...just a thought.

If you spell it the way it is on the label, the first search result is still this actual review thread, so that's not an issue as far as I can tell.

11 hours ago, Lainey said:

I just saw the posts about the spelling. I didn't know cananga was another name for ylang ylang! How do you pronounce ylang ylang, anyway? Lang lang? Eee-lang eee-lang?

Would it be possible to maybe add the way it's spelled on the label so that it can be found in search more easily? If not, that's cool...just a thought.

The second one.

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

If you spell it the way it is on the label, the first search result is still this actual review thread, so that's not an issue as far as I can tell.

Ah, just me, then. I usually search with quotation marks and "in content titles only."

2 hours ago, Fang said:

The second one.

Thanks!

your welcome!

it's prononced like that in france and i'm sure in all other countrys, though a lot of people still don't know how to prononce it lol!

1 hour ago, Lainey said:

Ah, just me, then. I usually search with quotation marks and "in content titles only."

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

I have a question. I got a sample of this with my last order. I love making my own whipped body butter with shea butter, cocoa butter, and coconut oil along with essential oils. Visions of putting this into a batch have been dancing in my head. Is it a bad idea, or would it work out okay? Is it okay to have pheromones smeared all over me like that?

It's just AJA, so it's not like it's going to be a complex message that you're broadcasting, necessarily.  It would be akin to using copulin-enhanced body cream, which is fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't gotten around to making it! I also have a sample of caramel musk, and I suddenly wondered how that would go with it all. But I'm going to refrain. Can't wait to make my yummy, chocolatey body butter! 🍫

• 7 months later...

You know that feeling when you find a full bottle you didn't remember getting ? Ohhhboy well my FB is two years old now, I found it behind my perfume organizer (ok truth time - ONE of my perfume organizers).

I'm getting soooo much chocolate from this. I smelled to me so much like Occo Choco that I had to compare the ongredients. I suppose the scent intention of Aja is similar to copulins. I may just go crazy later and combine the two. Hubby doesn't like chocolate perfumes but I adore them so that's just fine :) I'm not getting much coconut or ylang ylang but the bottle was never opened. 

A truly sinful, delectable indulgence. Purr-worthy. 

:dancycat:

On 8/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, androstenol said:

Hubby doesn't like chocolate perfumes but I adore them so that's just fine

Similar experience with Cananga Coco Cacao here, I love it, my man's like, "It's okay." I haven't isolated chocolate as the culprit, but maybe that's the link between a few perfumes that I love and he says, "It's not my favorite," or "You have others that I like better." Not that he's adverse, just a few that he's not drawn to that have me wondering. I definitely know the notes he recoils from! I'll pay more attention, thanks for the tip!

• 3 months later...

I just got this one in the recent sale and I love wearing this for bed or if I need a cuddle scent....The cocoa butter is very pronounced on me, but after about 2 hours it dies down a  bit and the amber and ylang ylang take center stage....This is a real comfort scent and I love wearing it when I'm not going out and just want to lounge around the house on a lazy Sunday

• 3 months later...

Wearing this today, it's twisting my arm and forcing me to eat chocolate, specifically the semi-sweet chocolate morsels hidden in the freezer. Stop bullying me, CCCA!

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this one but I'm scared to wear it to work because it's gotten very strong reactions in the past especially when combined with Gotcha. Lol

It's very chocolatey and sensual. I love Aja in general and wear that to work sometimes but this is a whole nother level of sexy.

• 2 months later...

I tested this out again tonight and it smelled silky in a lindt commercial way but sexier when the ylang ylang came out and the dry down was incredible. The reaction was wonderful too. This stuff is perfect for summer sexiness.

@Vika, it sounds like you're developing a liking for the summer bombs of copulins and Aja like I did when Mara first introduced us to Aja. There is something just so sexy about it ! And nice to meet you :purr: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I really love this one, I wore it a few days ago when I went out to meet some colleagues after work and everyone complimented me on this scent, now that its aged, the chocolate in this is divine and melds so beautifully with the other notes...  Now that its aged the amber in this is so good....