Jardin Tropique-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520645910_p8sg.jpg?version

Jardin Tropique

A stunning bouquet of various types of voluptuous orchid and gardenia blossoms enhanced by the citrus shine of three varieties of juicy pineapple on a base of sheer white amber. Take an olfactory journey to this tropical garden to experience its’ sultry pleasures!

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; protection.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is so pretty, in the same way I find Ohana to be pretty, with the melding of tropical flowers and a sense of atmosphere in the background.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a fruity floral just because the pineapple is there but the flowers are fully in charge.  And they are so gorgeous!  I can't stop sniffing myself, it's exactly the kind of tropical floral mood I love, lush and velvety and sweet.  I want to move in, wear oversized sunglasses whenever I have to go out in the sun, have a reckless passionate affair and blame it on the humidity.

I handed my man six trials this am and told him to pick one. After I took back the Deliciae from Mr. Butter, this was his number two choice. I must have a blank empty spot where this Orchid's receptors are meant to be. An hour in, he could smell it and I could not, he said it was a pretty floral and smelled like summer to him. Six hours later, I can smell a faint huff-able amber, but that's it. I'll try it again in a few weeks. 

I always love Orchid. But this one is a monster. Big and grabby. It slapped me around a bit. I was just surprised.  That flower usally plays so nice with me. Its like invasion of the flower snatchers came down and swiched it out. 

Maybe time will tell. I'll retry in a couple of weeks. ?

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely more floral than fruity. I do love orchid, and I like the real scent of gardenia (not always the perfume scent, though). I get mostly orchid here, because the pineapple runs away after a few minutes of drydown. It's not shouty, I even have it on here at work ;)  my boss is leaving in an hour or so, so chances are, she won't smell me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this. I hoped it would be similar to Summershine w/Topper and to my nose it is. I need to use it sparingly because if I overdo it I might get a headache, but it has a nice lasting effect so no need to reapply. Very happy with this one !

• 3 months later...

You know in Star Trek when Kirk shouts, "Khaaaaaaan!"? Picture that, but with me shouting, "Ammberrrr!" It so often takes a perfume that is working wonderfully on me and turns it incredibly sharp an hour or two in. Sadly, such is the case here. This starts out very strong with both pineapple and amber in the lead. It's a fruity, summery scent bright with pineapple, while the orchid gives it a nice, full body. Then the amber decides to take a villainous turn and betray me. Woe. It dies down after a couple of hours, but that unfortunately still leaves a good stretch of time where my perfume has declared war on me. Though I imagine it would work well on anyone whom amber doesn't have a personal vendetta against. I enjoyed our brief shining moment of joy together.

• 1 month later...

I find this to be very pretty, but not a standout. I had no idea it had pineapple in it; I thought it was all floral. So obviously very floral-leaning on me. I will happily use up my sample and then likely forget about it. 

• 3 years later...