Dukhan-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1568081669_mwuf.jpg?version

Dukhan is an Arabic word for smoke and also refers to a cleansing ritual involving what is known as “incense bathing.”

Our beloved LPMP team member Jennifer dreamed up the gorgeous idea of a bonfire coconut...realized with a variety of tropical coconut notes swathed in smoldering woodsmoke, enhanced with the dusky incensual richness of enticing Arabian oud. Can be worn by women and men; smells amazing on everyone!

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Definitely not just a men's scent! It's actually not masculine at all on me. Being a fan of Sugared Bonfire, when I saw this was supposed to smell like a coconut bonfire, I had to have it. It smells exactly like you smashed a coconut into sugared bonfire and made it a bit smokier and more mysterious. That would probably be from the old, which gives it more depth and sensuality. The smoke is more of a veil of smoke, at least on me - much like Sugared Bonfire - so if you are a fan of that one and you're obsessed with coconut like I am, you'll love this.

This is not masculine on me either.  I get coconut, but not as much (any?) smoke as I was hoping for.  It teeters  on turning into plastic baby doll, but does not go full blown plastic.  I think this is a made in heaven match for Beth's Blushing Milkmaid.  I've been going back and forth between thinking I need lots of bottles, to thinking I'm good with a trial vial, so will give it some time to rest, and then get a better feel for how it works for me.  

Edited 14 hours later to add an update:

i put put some on after showering tonight, and the smoke and oud are showing up more. I’ll give it a true break for a few days, once it has a chance to get over its jet lag, I’ll give it another go :) 

Edited by Eve

To me this is that classic "husky dusky" kind of "black" or toasted coconut, the type which can have tanning oil-type connotations.  And I imagine you achieve that kind of effect by blending coconut accords with darker notes, so as a blending this turned out really lovely if you enjoy that kind of thing.  It's definitely the type of coconut a guy could wear because the sweetness of it is rather muted by the other elements.  It wears fairly smooth and consistent on me in terms of having a linear unified quality, no one characteristic stands out more than any other.

• 1 month later...

This is like 1/3 husky coconut, 1/3 suntain oil, and 1/3 coconut milk. I don't get any of the oud or smoke, maybe it needs to age. It is very nice and not masculine to me, but it goes a little plasticky so I have mixed feelings about it. If it didn't turn to plastic I would need a full bottle so I am kind of glad it does.

This smells exactly like what it's supposed to - a coconut bonfire! The smoke is subtle, it doesn't take over the scent, which I was afraid of. The coconut is warm and rich and deep - I don't think it's masculine, but at the same time, I want to smell it on a man! I'll put this one out for Mr Perfect to try too ?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I love how my bride describes scents.  This one reminds her of a Jack and Coke with a twist of lime.  

For the record, yes that is a good thing. 😄