Iskandar-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520629040_kyyt.jpg?version

Iskandar is a Lebanese version of Alexander which means defender of mankind, and for those who crave a commanding presence in all situations, we’ve created a unisex summery spin on the bold mood of resinous scents, with a lighter version suitable for seasonal wear, day or night. A selection of blond resin notes - white patchouli, labdanum, frankincense and storax - interwoven with fascinating accents of wormwood, gardenia and Karu Karunde on a bed of green musk and just a pinch of powdered sugar.

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
KARU KAROUNDE ~ Love spells, aphrodisia.
WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully ‘magnetic’ for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
GREEN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is really interesting to me, with a definite unisex vibe in that I was thinking, "Hmm I might actually wear this!"

It has a freshness while at the same time a dense undercurrent of the resins which give off that masculine aura.  But to me this is one of those "well-dressed" scents that you would wear when you want to be polished and sophisticated.  And it does have more of a lightweight feel for warm weather.  Definitely great for work but I could see wearing this to social events, on dates, weekend getaways, that kind of thing - especially when you want something you know smells great but isn't too heavy or "loud."

• 3 months later...

I just saw this scent mentioned in another thread and was hoping to see more reviews of it.  I appreciate Luna's review!  Is there anyone else who's tried this?  It sounds very interesting to me!