Ack the Scary Duty Chargers!

Ok so when I order packages across the border, I am somehow usually safe from duty...not this time! Wowser I have a heavy duty bill sitting on my desk beside me. AND my mind started to wander thinking, "now is it really worth it, ordering all these scents THEN paying duties on them... :D DONT SAY THAT! (I tell myself)

I looked back to see what was in this order that is waiting for me to pay duty, and well, my mouth began to water. SO many of my favorites are sitting abandoned at the post office. WORTH IT?! OH YES, YES, YES!!!!

Not fun to pay, but the first whiff will make it oh so worth it! :lol:

(There's a glimpse in to CC's mind...hope you enjoyed :001_tt2: )

Ok so when I order packages across the border, I am somehow usually safe from duty...not this time! Wowser I have a heavy duty bill sitting on my desk beside me. AND my mind started to wander thinking, "now is it really worth it, ordering all these scents THEN paying duties on them... :D DONT SAY THAT! (I tell myself)

I looked back to see what was in this order that is waiting for me to pay duty, and well, my mouth began to water. SO many of my favorites are sitting abandoned at the post office. WORTH IT?! OH YES, YES, YES!!!!

Why duty charges NOW ? how much more is it, if you don't mind me asking ?

Oh, CC I hope my swap pkg avoided that fate!!

Oh, CC I hope my swap pkg avoided that fate!!

And mine too!

That reminds me, I had to order a CD from Denmark (because it is literally available nowhere else) and there was duty plus a credit card fee, yikes! But I have to have it, so...sometimes ya gotta pay the piper, I guess. *nervous giggle*

I am assuming the duty is from the LP package. They opened my last one at the border but it was only samplers so I didnt get charged anything. However this LP order is many bottles, so I figure it couldnt get through without being charged.

I doubt it is one of the packages from my swaps, if for some reason it is, I can make a case and get the duty back.

And why now? I talked to a postal worker today and they said it is pure chance. If you order ten times, you may only get hit once. Its like crossing the border. usually you just get asked questions and then they let you through, but once in a while they pull you off for a thorough search.

The post office is not supposed to have it available til 1'oclock tomorrow. But it is literally across the street from my house. So I am going to go in later when it is quiet and see if they have had time to process it :D

I am assuming the duty is from the LP package. They opened my last one at the border but it was only samplers so I didnt get charged anything. However this LP order is many bottles, so I figure it couldnt get through without being charged.

I doubt it is one of the packages from my swaps, if for some reason it is, I can make a case and get the duty back.

And why now? I talked to a postal worker today and they said it is pure chance. If you order ten times, you may only get hit once. Its like crossing the border. usually you just get asked questions and then they let you through, but once in a while they pull you off for a thorough search.

The post office is not supposed to have it available til 1'oclock tomorrow. But it is literally across the street from my house. So I am going to go in later when it is quiet and see if they have had time to process it :D

Wow. That sucks.

Yikes. Stinky! Customs can be tough sometimes. :lol: Have no fear, your goodies will make you feel better lol! :D